[18]

18- Zayn
Chapter dedication: @dreamyzain

Zayn had accidentally fallen asleep. He hadn't planned on it, wanting to stay awake while Butch drove. Of course, Zayn liked him, but he wasn't dumb enough to trust him hundred percent. After all, he was with Tom and was planning on robbing a bank.
Butch's driving nonetheless was calm and not at all hurried. And as the car moved smoothly, Zayn found himself getting sleepy on the warm and soft backseat. It was the first comfort he had been provided in a few days, and it was soothing. Especially after today's events. Zayn faintly remembered Butch saying that he was coming, as he helped Jeff out of the shotgun seat and into some building on the right. Zayn was in too deep in slumber to pay too close attention. Now when his eyes fluttered open, he realized his mistake. He could've escaped.
Zayn felt like hitting his head on the car door. He rubbed his eyes and sat up dizzily, looking out the door. Darkness greeted him, nothing but darkness. There were a few street lamps, but other than that it was deserted, which was odd. Zayn frowned. Where were they?

Butch threw a glance at him from the rearview mirror. "Oh you're awake."
Zayn nodded, leaning heavily on the car door. He was starting to get dizzy and the motion of the car didn't feel so soothing anymore. His stomach growled and he bit back a groan. He was so hungry. Being all caught up in everything and his cold, he'd totally forgot the fact that he hadn't eaten anything since yesterday. Butch frowned at him from the mirror. "You okay?"
Zayn nodded. "Yeah." his stomach growled loudly and it hurt. Everything hurt these days.
"Oh yeah, I bought food. Here." Butch reached in the shotgun seat and handed him a burger, mineral water bottle and half a packet of fries. Zayn stared at him in awe. Whatever Tom said, Butch couldn't be worse than him. Butch was just better than him in every aspect, how could Tom not see it?
Zayn grabbed the food and drink with shaking hands. "Thanks." Butch just winked at him. Zayn took a bite from the burger, and he suppressed a moan. It was delicious.

He wanted to ask Butch where Jeff was, and where they were, but he just couldn't form a coherent sentence while scarfing down the burger in his hands. God bless who came up with the idea of patties in bread filled with extras. Zayn eyed the fries, taking a little pause for chewing. He began to eat slower, making it more enjoyable. When his burger finished, he attacked his fries, and in the end mustered as much strength as he could to open the water bottle. Zayn couldn't even describe the feeling as the liquid went down his parched throat. He felt a little more awake, fed and warm, without no problems. Except the fact that he had been kidnapped, and still needed a way of escape. He didn't know why, maybe because he was so nice, but he felt like Butch wouldn't kill him. Sure he'd use him, but then he'd send him away.

"So." Zayn started. "Where's Jeff?"
"Getting treated." Butch replied.
"And where are we?" Zayn asked, glancing out of the window again.
"Don't worry, you'll find out soon." Butch said, smirking. Zayn fiddled with his thumbs, just glancing put the window. He started to get a bad feeling. What if they were out of town? "Are we uh, in Bradford?" Zayn asked quietly.
"Yeah." Butch said, and Zayn sighed in relief. If that was Tom, he would've snapped at him instead of answering him.
Half an hour later, more street light started to become visible, and Zayn even saw an old dine-in. Butch, however,stopped in front of an old motel. Zayn glanced at the broken sign.

MoTeL, BeSt To ReSt.

"We're going to stay here." Butch said, parking in front of the dirty and muddy building. Zayn frowned. "Weren't we supposed to meet Tom?"
Butch sighed, and Zayn stomach twisted. "Tom treats you like shit, we're not going to him anymore."
Zayn's heart sank, realizing what Tom said was happening. But that'd necessarily didn't mean the rest of his prediction would happen too, right? Zayn nodded. Butch was better than Tom, he reminded himself.
"So, you're staying with me now." Butch said, his tone a bit stiff. "And I'm just warning you, I've got super strict rules. A lot of them actually."
Zayn forced a nod.
"Obey or Pay." Butch said, looking him dead in the eye in the mirror.
Obey or Pay. Either he listened to him, or Butch would make him pay. Zayn wondered what he'd do, not that he was eager to find out, but it couldn't be worse than Tom.
"Get it?"

Zayn nodded.
"Now get out."
Zayn pulled his coat close as he stepped out of the car. There was no wind, and the cool crisp air seemed frozen in time. The moon was shining brightly among the stars up in the sky, looking just as stunning as every night.
Suddenly Butch grabbed his arms roughly and locked handcuffs on his wrists. Zayn suppressed a groan, not these again. You couldn't get out of handcuffs and they were uncomfortable as hell.
Butch grabbed his hands and pinned them behind his back as he pulled him along inside. There was a girl behind the desk, chewing a gum loudly. When the two of them entered, she looked from the magazine in her hands and raised an eyebrow, glancing at the clock on the wall. "Welcome." she said to Butch, ignoring Zayn as if she wasn't allowed to look at him. Butch smirked, pulling out a few notes. He put the money on the counter and the girl grinned, grabbing it. She then glanced up at Zayn. "Hmm, change from the others."

Bitch chuckled. "Nah, he's not here to pay. Well unless he doesn't do what I say. This dude here is worth a lot of pounds."
"He is?" The girl asked wide-eyed.
"Yeah. Idiot Tom wanted five million pounds." Butch snorted.
The girl laughed. "He'll come back for you, he knows you don't have a lot of places to stay."
"No problem, as long as I achieve mah goal with this one." Butch nodded his head towards Zayn. The girl nodded, handing him a key.
Butch then shoved Zayn up the stairs, and they climbed to the second floor. Once there, Butch unlocked the fourth door, turning the lights on. The room wasn't so big and consisted of one bed, couch, chair, table and lamp, bathroom, window that overlooked the front of the building, and a little closet. Zayn was surprised to see that this room was occupied. A coat sat on the chair, shoes were messily throw on the floor, and a ashtray sat on the table.

"You're sleeping on the couch." Butch informed him, releasing his grip and locking the door. He stuffed the key in his pocket, and threw his shoes off. Throwing his coat on the floor, Butch jumped on the bed with a sigh. Zayn just stood there by the door, feeling uneasy. He didn't want to share a room with Butch, and he was starting to get a dangerous vibe from the man.
"Well, are you just going to stand there?" Butch muttered. Zayn swallowed, maybe he'd judged the man too quickly. Maybe he wasn't as nice as had seemed, or maybe he was. Zayn took off his shoes and walked over to the couch, plopping down with a satisfying sigh. Whatever the case, it felt wonderful knowing he wouldn't bee sleeping on a cold ground in an abandoned warehouse. The thought made Zayn dread. What was Tom going to do when he found out?

"God, my head hurts." Buch mumbled. "Come here."
Zayn raised an eyebrow and walked over to him. "I have some paracet in the second drawer." Butch muttered, pointing to the nightstand. Zayn pulled the drawer, the handcuffs rattling as he did so. He pulled out the paracet and chucked it at Butch, going back to relax on the couch.
As Butch gulped down a bottle of water with the tablet, Zayn lay down on the couch, letting out a breath. So much had happened today, and he felt exhausted even though he'd just had a good nap in the car earlier.
"Now, listen." Butch said. "A friend of mine will be coming here to buy some thing's and you will not interact with him."
Zayn'd heard that one before.
"As for Tom, he'll find us later, definitely, but it will be too late." Butch chuckled darkly. He pulled out another set of handcuffs and walked over to Zayn. Zayn sat up, suddenly alarmed. Butch grabbed his ankle and handcuffed it to the couch. "Need to know you won't escape. I don't have men, I do everything by myself. Tomorrow, after the guy's given me the money, we're calling your family." Butch said, and Zayn's heart skipped a beat. What the fuck was he going on about?
"Let's add some change to Tom's phase three hmm?" Butch laughed, and Zayn couldn't help but have a sick feeling about all of this. God, these phases were driving him crazy.

>>>> >>>>>
Finally, update. I've been updating stories one by one. Prince Of Agrabah, Baby Jayn, and then "It Just Hurts"
I promised myself I wouldn't make too many stories, and three ongoing ones is the maximum 😂😂
I would love it if you would check out my other stories. Oh and don't forget to vote and comment!
Chapter dedicated to dreamyzain! Thank you, I'm glad you like my writing :)

xx