[36]

36- Zayn:

Zayn woke up to a hand pressed down on his back, and he grimaced, his eyes still closed.
"It's okay, I'm just cleaning up and changing your bandages," Riley reassured him.
Zayn forced his heavy eyelids to open, but they wouldn't obey and he was too tired to force himself awake. Minutes later, he drifted off to sleep again.
What seemed like a whole day later, he woke up again. Zayn squinted, the lights blinding him momentarily. He heard faint noises and turned his head to see that Riley was watching tv. Her brown hair was pulled up in a ponytail and her blue eyes were clouded as she stared at the screen. Zayn turned his gaze towards Daniel who was staring back at him, his face broken. He sniffled and Riley sighed, turning to look at him. She noticed Zayn was awake and gave him a weak smile. "How are you feeling?"
Zayn moistened his lips and swallowed the bitter taste in his mouth. "Hungry."
Riley nodded, standing up and walking towards a few shoppers. "It's been three hours by the way." As she began to dig through them, Zayn turned to Daniel, a frown making it's way on his face. "It's going to be okay, I'm fine."

Daniel wiped his wet cheeks with the sleeve of his shirt. "You're h-hurt. I-I want to g-g-go hoome," he hiccuped.
"I'll get you home." Zayn said, his heart sinking as he realized that wouldn't be anytime soon.
Daniel scowled. "Don't lie, I'm not getting home. I'm never seeing my mum again!"
Riley turned around with a sigh. "He's been crying all morning, I don't even know how to shut him up."
Zayn's expression hardened and he glared at her. "Shut him up? He has all right to cry! You're so stup-"
"You're one to talk. Giving him false hope isn't going to help." Riley retorted, crossing her arms. "A little thank you would be better than yelling at me. After all, I did help you and I am still."

Zayn laughed dryly. "Wow, thanks a lot Riley. After siding with Butch who actually is fucking crazy and solves his problems by whipping people, you decide to take care of me instead of letting me bleed to death." Zayn clenched his jaw. "I bet if I died that would be great. No need to take care of me and it would be a great loss for Butch, since the bank robbery would completely fail!" Zayn's chest heaved as he glared at Riley angrily, emotions mixing within him. He felt angry, depressed and most of all homesick. Utterly, completely, fuckingly homesick.

Feeling a little bilious, he pressed his palms to the couch and tried to lift himself up. Riley hurried forward. "What do you think you're doing?"
"Sitting up, I'm going to throw up if I don't," Zayn said, pushing her hands away as he sat up with all the strength left in his body. He slumped back against the wall, making sure his back wasn't pressed against it. A searing pain began to spread and he bit his bottom lip. "Do you have more painkillers?"

"Zayn, I told you last night-"
Zayn cut her off. "Pills?"
Riley pursed her lips. "I don't think that's a good idea. You've already had enough, it'll turn into an addiction."
"Riley, just give them to me." Zayn said angrily, his stomach growling, eating away his insides from hunger.
"No."
Zayn closed his eyes, biting his bottom lip from prevent himself from blowing up, or breaking down. "Could you a least do me a favor?"  his voice was oddly quiet.
"Depends what it is."
"Can't the kidnapped person ever make just one call?" Zayn asked with a sad sigh.
He realized how ridiculous it sounded. He was an idiot.
Sure enough, Riley refused. "That's not a good idea. You know how ballistic Butch will get."

"He's not even here." Zayn told her, opening his eyes and pleading with all his might.
"He will be back soon, they're just around the corner." Riley told him, going back to rummaging through the shoppers.
"They?" Zayn asked, picking at a ripped hole in his black jeans.
"Tom and Butch are negotiating," Riley said, placing fruits on the counter. "What do you want? We have apple, banana, chips, biscuits, and oh Butch brought chicken wings too."

"Chicken wings," Zayn said immediately, swiping his tongue over his chapped lips. He glanced at Daniel to see him sleeping, lips turned down in a soft frown. Zayn bit his lip. He felt like crying, but at the same time his mind was telling him not to give up. He didn't know what to do. What was going to happen from now on? What about Daniel?
"Has Butch talked about Daniel?" He asked Riley who sat a paper plate with three chicken wings on it.

"Why are they so tiny?" Zayn asked, eyeing the chicken.
"They're from KFC." Riley shook her head with a smile. "And yeah, Butch said they'd let him go along with you."
Zayn heart thumped and he sat up straighter, ignoring the pain his back. "Wait, so he's letting me go?"
Riley nodded. "As soon as he's done with you."
"And when is that?" Zayn asked quizzically. He leaned back and lifted a chicken wing. "After the bank robbery huh?"
Riley pursed her lips as he began to eat, the sweet and spicy chicken tasting wonderful.
"Yeah about after that, after they escape town I guess."

Zayn frowned, swallowing. "How will they do that?"
Riley shrugged. "Dunno. And for the record, I didn't say I was against taking care of you," she gave him a small smile.
Zayn was taken aback as she lay back down on the bed, her eyes on the screen.

>>>> >>>>>
He dozed off an hour later, but woke up again. When he did, he literally had to beg Riley to give him the painkiller and she gave in, agreeing that it had been a gap since he last took them. Now Zayn tried to stand up, getting nauseous and tired of sitting still.
He pushed himself off the couch and Riley grabbed his arm, helping him up.
"I still think you should rest more," she said.

Zayn sighed. "I feel sick, like I'm going to throw up." He threw a glance at Daniel who was watching cartoons intently, eyes fixated on the screen.
"He shouldn't be here." Zayn mumbled, heart clenching in guilt.
"Don't blame yourself, blame the madman." Riley said as he plopped down on the soft bed, the springs under the mattress creaking.

Just then the door flew open and Butch stormed inside, one eye blue and half closed. Zayn lifted an eyebrow, some kind of satisfaction settling inside him to see the black eye. Just the sight of Butch made his skin crawl and a bitter taste filled his mouth.
"Tom?" Riley laughed, and Butch rolled his eyes before grimacing. "Yeah, quite of a brother you have there."

By now Zayn had concluded that Butch had two sides. The carefree, I'm Butch and I smoke side. And the Obey or Pay, I'm going to make your life a hell Butch. Right now he seemed to be the former as he grabbed a banana and peeled it. His eyes darted to Zayn, up and sitting on the bed, then to Daniel who was watching cartoons, trying to ignore his kidnapper.

"Did you guys talk out anything?" Riley said, stifling her laughter.
Butch sighed. "Yeah, he's getting like a percent of the money."
Riley's face grew serious. "You're not going to trick him are you? You got twenty, he deserves ten."
Butch rolled his eyes and threw the banana in the bin. "What Tom doesn't know won't kill him."
Riley stood up with a stern look on his face. "If he finds out then I'm dead, and besides, you haven't paid me either."

"You work for two motels, I didn't think you'd need the money." Butch shrugged.
Riley rolled her eyes. "Well I do. I'll make sure Tom gives you the enough amount of jewelry too. You can sell those down in Egypt when you leave."
"You're not coming with?" Butch asked in disappointment, leaning back on the counter.
Riley shook her head. "I'm going back to Australia."
Butch nodded silently. His eyes landed on Zayn and Zayn was unsure whether he should stare right back at him or avert his gaze. He settled with watching SpongeBob SquarePants on the tv. Zayn felt Butch's intense gaze burn on his neck and he tried to ignore it, which was proving to be quite hard.

"We're leaving tomorrow, by the way." Butch announced. Daniel looked up at that, eyes red and nose pink. "Tom's got this factory that's out of orders, we'll be leaving tomorrow so better pack all the food."
"Alright, but are we staying there?" Riley asked.
"No." Butch chuckled. "Another thing I discussed with Tom...Zayn's going back to his rightful kidnapper."
A mixture of relief and dread settled itself deep in Zayn's stomach and he held his head in his hands. What the fuck were they planning to do now?

<><><><>A/N<><><><>
Sorry for my inactivity lately, I haven't been feeling quite well. Headaches and no appetite so I was too lazy to edit and post.

Love you guys, thank you for all the nice comments. Don't forget to vote!

xx