[89]

89- Zayn
Dedicated to: @FlowerCrownQueens for supporting this book for so long, commenting and voting. Your comments bring a smile to my face, and are so helpful. Thank you 😘👌🏼❤️

Zayn rubbed his eyes, heart beating. He squinted in the dark, looking for the source of the sound that had waken him up. A car honked from outside, startling him again. Groaning, he closed his eyes and sunk back into the bed.

He'd dreamt a weird dream about Liam dancing while Louis splashed him with paintballs, and he'd been in the middle of it, trying to stop Niall from chugging on all the beer.

It was quiet in the room except for Liam's even breathing. He was sprawled on the armchair, head resting on his arm on the bed. Zayn shuffled a bit to the side, giving the boy a little space. As his eyes adjusted to the dark and the faint light from the window lit up half the room, he noticed Liam was wearing his sweatpants and shirt, probably not having any other clothes.

Zayn yawned and stretched his arms, knowing he wouldn't be able to sleep anymore. But when his hand hit something solid on his right, he yelped, heart racing. Cursing, Zayn fumbled for his phone, searching the bedside table. He moved Liam's arm away and tried to find it on the mattress, but he came up short.

Taking a deep breath to calm the fear in his veins, Zayn reached out a hand to touch the solid thing. It didn't seem like a person. Biting his lip, Zayn was about to push but then he caught sight of a sitting silhouette on the couch in that corner of the room.

Feeling his stomach drop, Zayn's breathing increased and he turned to Liam, shaking him. "Liam, wake up," he said quietly, not wanting to alert the other person. Afraid whoever was there might attack him, Zayn panicked. He pushed Liam's head up, cursing under his breath.

Liam groaned, but Zayn silenced it with his hand, slapping him lightly on the cheek. "Wake the hell up," he said urgently.

Frowning, Liam opened his eyes, face in Zayn's hand. Zayn swallowed the lump in his throat. "There's someone else here, sitting on the couch."

"W-what?" Liam mumbled, squinting in the dark. Zayn pointed to the outline of a human being sitting on the edge of the couch. He could almost hear his heart in his ears, and he felt like crying. Why was he never granted peace? Who the hell wanted to kill him now?

"I don't see any..." Liam trailed off. "Zayn?"

"What?" Zayn whispered back.

"Is Tom still in the hospital?" he asked quietly as he stood up. Zayn clenched his jaw. "I wouldn't know, now would I?"

Liam didn't answer as he climbed on the bed, patting Zayn's legs to see which one to avoid. Zayn scooted to the side as he climbed across. Once Liam got to the other side, he flicked on the light switch. Zayn grabbed the glass of water and readied himself, squinting against the blinding light. He furrowed his brows, heart dropping to the pit of his stomach when he noticed the person on the couch.

Hair as long as ever, Harry was curled up on the couch, a blanket pulled over his knees. He frowned in his sleep, raising a hand to protect himself from the blinding light.

Liam groaned and walked forward. He grabbed a pillow to whack him with it, and Zayn sighed. "No, don't wake him up." He curiously turned his head to look at the object, which was now revealed as a suitcase.

"Shit," Liam muttered. He placed a hand on his heart. Zayn let out a breath he hadn't realized he was holding, his shoulders slumping.

Liam shut off the lights and walked over to the armchair. "Well, I'm tired as hell, we'll chew him out tomorrow."