[94]

94- Niall

Niall looked around Trisha as she walked over to Zayn with his medicines. Holding back a curse, he moved the joysticks with anticipation, watching himself win another match. Niall whooped and stuck his tongue out at Louis. Frustrated, Louis stuck his tongue back, throwing a pillow at him. Niall laughed and dodged the pillow, high-fiving Liam.

"This is so unfair," Louis whined. He turned to Zayn. "Zaaayn, you suck."

Zayn smiled slightly, downing his last pills with a glass of water. His remote was discarded in his lap, clearly one of the main factors of Louis and him losing.

"Chill, Louis, I've got this," Harry said, snatching the remote from Zayn. "I'll save you."

Both Zayn and Louis made noises of protests, Louis' being shrill and hysteric. "I love you Harry, I really do, but you suck more than Zayn, okay? Don't take it the wrong way, but you're like the field in this FIFA game."

"That's good," Harry commented with a grin.

"And all the players stomp around on this field," Louis deadpanned. Zayn laughed, making Niall turn his head in surprise. Zayn had been so...inactive, you could say. Tired, sleepy, drained of all energy. It was surprising to see him even react to something, let alone laugh.

Proud of the response, Louis winked at Zayn who leaned forward to grab his remote back from Harry. "That's for closing the window."

"You still salty about that?" Harry asked, throwing his hands up exasperation.

Zayn rolled his eyes. "If you lot weren't here, I'd be opening all the windows by now. I've been drinking hot beverages for so long, I need the cold."

"And let you freeze to death like a caveman? Nope," Louis said, eyes on the screen. Niall pursed his lips when he noticed Zayn's unsettled frown as he tried to hide his flinch. "You don't die of cold."

"I wouldn't know, I wasn't the one ki-" Louis cut himself off and dropped his remote, running a hand down his face. "Sorry, forget it."

"No, I wanna know what you were going to say," Zayn protested, looking frustrated now. "Don't mumble Louis, I think I already know what you were going to say. You do know you can say it, right? I'm fine with the word kidnapped," Zayn said annoyed.

"Zayn, just...forget it," Liam said, speaking up for once. He'd completely ignored Zayn, though it was clear he wanted to step back in and help. Niall had talked to him last night on why he wasn't the one trying to cheer Zayn up when he had a bad dream and his answer had been clear; he couldn't handle it. He always managed to say something stupid, just looking at the condition Zayn was putting himself through, and the situation he had been tossed in.
Niall was pretty relaxed about his whole situation though. He was ready to help if needed, despite Zayn's several denials.

As if he was struck by a needle, Zayn deflated like a balloon. He didn't say anything for their next game, which Niall and Liam managed to win the last second. Louis eventually gave up, telling Zayn they needed to make strategies. But it didn't look like Zayn was into it.

"Nah, it's fine," Zayn mumbled, tossing the remote on the couch. Niall sighed and stood up, walking over to him. He put an arm around him. "Zayn, Zayn, Zayn. You don't stink, you're just tired. You play great when you're in a good mood," Niall pointed out.

 You play great when you're in a good mood," Niall pointed out