[121]

121- Zayn

Pls don't kill me. I love you 😩
Hope you didn't forget this story ♥️

Zayn hurried inside the building, pushing his wet hair out of his face

Zayn hurried inside the building, pushing his wet hair out of his face. It had started pouring bucket out there. He was satisfied though, the rain would help melt the snow. The weather had started to get better these past days, and he was looking forward for some sun. He loved winter, but this winter had been too long. And too eventful for his liking.

He walked over to the familiar door. He hadn't been here in about six months. Contact had just suddenly been dropped. He'd started working on the album and then he'd spent time at home. It was just crazy. Zayn did feel a pang that he hadn't received any calls in the event of his kidnapping either. He'd received visits from Perrie, his friends and his family. Yet, Dr. Tee hadn't called.

So when Zayn lifted his hand to knock, he let it drop. What if he's with a client?

He chewed on his bottom lip, staring at the wooden door through his wet eyelashes. Taking a deep breath, Zayn knocked hard. He took a step back, heart beating quickly in his chest. Lately, he'd tried his best to follow Amara's advice, he'd started appreciating the people around him and done everything he could to make himself feel better. On days he felt depressed and down, he told his family. When he needed them to stay in his room at night, he'd told them. Whenever he needed space , he'd told them. They were understanding and great, and though they worried tons, they also listened. It was a good team work. He was forcing himself some food, and his appetite was starting to grow again. His nightmares weren't as frequent, even though his anxiety was still a big problem. But Zayn had always had anxiety, he just need to not let it control him.

He forced a smile. It had been about ten seconds, maybe he wasn't working today. I'm showing up unannounced with no appointment.

But then the door opened. The counselor hadn't changed much the past months, and he stared in surprise at Zayn over the brim of his glasses. He was talking on the phone, but it must be personal because he made a noise and ended the call. "Gary, I'll call you back later."

He ended the call and Zayn lifted his hand nervously in a wave. "Uh...hi."

"Hi," Dr. Tee said quietly. "I uh heard. About what happened." His eyes were filled with sympathy. Zayn wondered if it was a bad idea coming here. He forced a smile. "Uh yeah."

"How are you doing?" Dr. Tee asked, opening the door and letting him in. Zayn pursed his lips and walked inside. "Uh okay. I think. I don't know, I'm adjusting," he admitted and he plopped down on one of the chairs. His nerves were on alert suddenly and he didn't want to retell what happened. Amara had said that talking about it helped, but he had talked about it enough. He didn't want to relieve everything for everyone and then sit anxiously to gauge their reactions.

Dr. Tee must have noticed his reluctance because he smiled. "Coffee?"

"Sure, but uh, don't you have an appointment?" Zayn wondered. The counselor shook his head. "Not in the next 90 minutes." He glanced back as he started making coffee. "So what brings you here."