[75]

75- Zayn
Dedicated to @shirinj because she planted the idea of this story in my head! 😘 ❤️ + she never stops commenting and voting, so thanx a lot!

By the time Zayn woke up, the room had been decorated perfectly with a few balloons and a happy birthday sign.

"Oh good morning," Liam greeted him, sitting in the armchair with a half-blown balloon in his hands. Zayn rubbed his eyes and greeted him back. He was still pissed at Liam's behaviors towards him, but decided to let it go. For the sake of Louis' birthday.

Safaa walked into the room and all four boys' heads snapped towards her. She raised her hands up in defense. "Relax, it's just me. Mum told Louis to eat before he came since he was intent on eating breakfast here." She nodded at Liam. "Called you a betrayer, by the way. You left without him."

"Told ya, you should have come with him," Niall said, snatching a biscuit from the bowl without Harry noticing. Zayn smiled, shaking his head. He stretched his hands above his head, feeling a lot better than he'd felt yesterday. The thumping in his leg had dimmed and he actually felt rested and well.

"Slept good last night?" Liam asked with a smile. Zayn's smile dropped and he sighed. Not again.

"Zayn, I'm not making fun of you," Liam said with a frown. "Just...don't be distant. We all know what's going on, we just want to be there for you. You can share anything with us."

Zayn felt the wall he'd put up crumble, and he slowly nodded at Liam. "Okay."

By the time Louis arrived with Trisha, everyone had been hiding, though it was hard in the small room. Nonetheless, the surprise turned out good and Zayn had never seen Louis so smug. Wondered what that was about.

"Cake?" Waliyha asked, handing him a palate. Zayn thanked her as he dug in. The cake was good, warm and soft chocolate melted on his tongue and Zayn smiled, enjoying the moment more than ever. Everyone was talking with each other and it looked like they was enjoying themselves. Especially the birthday boy.

"Ya'll scared me last night, thought you'd forgot," Louis said, placing his empty plate on the table. "Sending me quickly home at 11."

Harry laughed. "Yeah, about that, we were going to surprise you last night. But since Zayn fell asleep, we decided to do it first thing in the morning.

Zayn sighed. "Yeah, sorry."

"Oh no apologies," Louis said, patting his leg. Zayn flinched at the gesture, and Louis' face fell. "I'm so sorry, I forgot."

Zayn shook his head. "No it didn't hurt, I was just surprised."  He sat up straighter and smiled. "And stop babying me on your birthday."

Louis relaxed, putting on a smirk. "Aye aye."

Zayn smiled, mind wondering off to his own thoughts. He remembered the last time he'd been discharged from the hospital and his birthday after that. It'd been great, the surprise, the cake, the people. He'd thoroughly enjoyed himself and he wondered if relaxing days like that one would ever arrive for him arrive. Of course, his birthday was up next month after Harry's but even if he was discharged before that, he knew his leg wouldn't be back to normal as quickly.

A phone ran in the room and seconds later, Zayn realized it was his. It was odd that someone was calling him. Usually, if anyone wanted to talk to him, they called the boys or his mum. Lik Simon, Jawadd and many others had.

The other must have noticed the odd change and glanced at his phone. Zayn reached forward and grabbed it off the nightstand. Perrie.

"Who is it?" Liam asked, trying to peek at the screen. Zayn shrugged nonchalantly. "Perrie."

"Oh."

He picked the phone up, Perrie's voice filling his ear. "Zayn! Are you okay?"

Zayn nodded. "Hi Perrie, yeah I'm fine." He looked around the room to see everyone was either eating or doing something else, even though their attention was obviously on him.

"I called a few days ago, but Liam said you were asleep. Anyways, how's your leg. I heard you were shot!?"

Zayn sighed. "Yeah, it's better now though. Thanks for checking in." He smiled. "How's things with the band?"

"Oh, they're the usual. Just started the tour, s'going great actually. How are the boys?"

"Same as always," Zayn said, rolling his eyes as Louis wiggled his eyebrows a him.

"Wish Louis happy birthday from me," Perrie said with a chuckle.

"How'd you know?"

"Oh it's kind of hard to not when it's trending on Twitter."

Zayn couldn't help but chuckle at that. "True."

"Well, take care Zayn. Focus on getting better. I'm sure they'll catch Tom as soon as possible."

Zayn's smile dimmed at the mention of the name. "The bastard's already caught."

Liam's head snapped in his direction and Zayn raised a questioning eyebrow.

"Zayn dear, it's Louis' birthday, maybe you should hang up the phone," Trisha said calmly.

Zayn frowned and opened his mouth to answer, but Perrie cut him off. "Tom?
No I read that he's still on the loose. I think they got the other bloke though."

Zayn's heart began to race and he leaned forward, phone pressed tightly to his ear. "What do you mean? Where did you hear that?"

"Oh she hasn't wished me happy birthday, here let me remind her," Louis said, standing up. Zayn turned away as Louis tried to snatch the phone away.

"Zayn," his mum said sternly, holding her hand out. Zayn narrowed his eyes, heart thumping in his chest. They were scaring him further. What didn't they want him to know? Was Perrie speaking the truth?

"Zayn...I read that he's still on the loose. Don't worry though, I'm sure they'll catch him," she said nervously and Zayn clenched his jaw. "So Tom escaped or was he never caught?"

"Zayn, give the phone back," Liam said, trying to grab it. Zayn slapped his hand away, leaning as far away as he could. Niall took a hold of it, tugging on it and Zayn almost growled at him.

"I-I don't know, maybe I read wrong. You know how fans make theories," Perrie said hopelessly.

Zayn glanced at his scared sisters and his gaze swept over everyone in the room until they landed on Harry. Harry's emerald eyes seemed to be panicking, and Zayn knew then that what Perrie was saying was true. Oh how he wished it wasn't.

>>>>A/N<<<<
How was the chapter? Ok so I've been bored and you guys are awesome people, and your comments are so nice and fuel me up so....who wants a triple update? I promise that one will be longer!

And look out for baby Jayn too, might double update there as well!

xx