[77]

77 Detective Al
Two days ago....

Al stormed inside, holding his gun cocked at the horde of people. Jackpot.

A cry broke out and he turned to his left to see one of his officers grab a teenage escapee. Al swiped his gaze around the room and he spotted a few familiar faces from the files at his desk in the department, but others were completely new. And then there was the most wanted criminal he'd been assigned to, Tom. The guy was lying on the floor to his left, coughing up blood. Robbie, ah the pleasure, was being handcuffed as the officers moved in on everybody.

"You are all under arrest!" Al spoke loudly. "You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say may be used against you in court. You have the right to consult an attorney in court."

He walked over to Robbie, taking in his black eye. Al turned to look at a man who's arm was bleeding. "He needs medical attention!" he shouted and another batch of officers hurried towards him. Al turned his attention back to Robbie. "What happened?" he demanded.

"Nothing," Robbie growled. Al had never seen Robbie, who'd always been cool and collected, so angry.

"Oh hey Tom," Al greeted, holding a hand out to help the guy up. Tom ignored his hand, stumbling to his feet himself. He had a gash on his forehead, his jaw was bruised and his shoulder was covered with blood. Al noticed the bloody knife on the ground. "Stillinski!"

The loyal officer hurried forward.

"Everyone who needs treatment, keep them in one place. By the time the ambulance comes, I want everyone in the hospital. Understood?"

Stillinski nodded.

Robbie fought against the officer that was holding him. "Yer not going anywhere," Officer Markus barked, holding him tighter.

"How did you find us?" Robbie asked through gritted teeth. Tom stumbled, leaning on the wall. Someone pressed a cloth to his shoulder.

"Miller," Al replied curtly. "Tom, I'm sorry for ruining your escape. I have to admit though, it was smart to use someone else's phone to communicate with Miller. Alas, we found out before you could escape."

"Tom!" Robbie growled, about to jump on the already injured man, but Markus had a vice grip. "Calm down, you buffaloo."

Officer Miranda walked over to Al with two teenage boys. "What do we do with them?"

"Station. All of the uninjured ones," Al said. He glared at the boys disapprovingly, even though his words were directed to Robbie. "And I thought you'd finally stopped dealing with kids."

"Go to hell," Robbie scoffed.

"Excuse me, am I hearing a disapproving tone against an officer?" Al questioned. He balanced at Markus and nodded. "Take him away. Make sure every single person in this room gets to the department."

"Sir," Stillinski said, and Al turned to him. A few meters away, he was crouching over an unconscious girl on the ground. Al recognized her immediately. Riley. "Her head's bleeding."

Al sighed. "What the hell happened here? Why is everyone injured like a pack of animals ran over you?"

"Detective Al!" A voice shouted from the other side of the room. "Front door found a van with the money robbed from the bank. And here's the rest!"

"Gather it all and get it down to the van. We'll ship it all to the bank." Al turned to Miranda. "Interrogate these lads, get to know what happened here."

He turned to Tom, who's eyes were closed, lips curled in a sneer. "I'll kill you," the man threatened.

Al rolled his eyes. "This time I've got you for good." He stepped on something and his gaze wondered down. He crouched down and picked up a bullet from the floor. He raised an eyebrow up at Tom. "Robbie found out you're leaving?"