[4]

4- Liam
Chapter dedication: @Winterlux

Liam paced back and forth in the airport, hand tugging at his hair. He had an almost empty coffee cup in one hand, and his phone in the other. If Louis could just hurry up...
As if on cue, he spotted Louis rushing through the airport, his feet hitting the polished floor. Liam sighed in relief. He'd been waiting an whole hour for Louis because apparently he had landed forty-five minutes later. Harry and Niall, however, would not arrive until tomorrow.
Liam bit his bottom lip. Doniya had called him yesterday, and told him briefly about the situation. Liam couldn't believe it, he wouldn't believe it. He knew that Zayn was okay, he was just probably out somewhere. He wished he could believe that strongly. Liam rubbed his tired eyes and sighed. Just then, Louis' eyes lit up as he spotted him and the lad hurried forward, his one hand wrapped around his suitcase handle. "Hey." Louis said, pulling him forward into a hug. Liam patted his back and pulled back. "Hey."
They were silent for a moment, until Louis spoke up. "What do you think?"

Liam swallowed. "I honestly don't know what to think right now."
Louis nodded absentmindedly. "Okay, let's go. How's Trisha doing?"
Liam shook his head as he grabbed his duffel bag and suitcase. "Not good. Doniya told me she hasn't slept at all."
Louis took a deep breath. "I-I don't get it. What the fuck is happening, Liam?"
Liam ran a hand through his hair, biting his lip again.
"I talked to Zayn yesterday, we were playing Halo online. Come on, he's probably out and about."
Liam nodded, telling him he agreed. He was thinking, no- hoping- the same thing. He was going to go to his house, Zayn would greet him, they would laugh, and then the bastard would be all stubborn and tell Liam to catch up on sleep.
Liam almost smiled at the idea, but it soon dropped from his face when the thought of reality entered his mind. They made their way through the busy airport silently after that. Liam knew Louis was thinking, and he wondered what.

He himself had been thinking on the whole one hour flight. Harry would be arriving tomorrow since he was at his cousins, and Niall was the same case except he'd come from the six hour flight from Mullingar.
Liam felt a sneeze coming up and he quickly pulled out the handkerchief in his pocket. As he sneezed, he noticed Louis glance at him and crack a smile. "Cold?"
Liam nodded. "This year's been absolutely freezing, don't you think?"
Louis shrugged. "It's always freezing in winter, to be honest."
Liam rolled his eyes. "Yeah, but come on, it's colder than last year." he sniffed, wiping his nose.
"You're just saying that because you've got a cold." Louis teased.
"No, I'm saying it because it is colder." Liam scoffed.
"Okay, let's not argue about the weather, I'd rather not." Louis chuckled lightly, and Liam managed to crack a smile.

>>>> >>>>>
Liam rubbed his cold hands, shivering under his jacket. "I swear it's colder here than at home."
Louis face-palmed. "Shut up, Payno."
The door swung open and Waliyha smiled at them. However, it was half-hearted, and Liam began to dread. "Hey." she greeted softly. Her eyes looked tired and Liam wondered if she'd been awake the whole night. She gave the two light hugs before ushering them inside.
Liam exhaled in relief as he stepped into the warm house, pulling his suitcase with him. He took off his beanie along with his jacket and shoes, Louis doing the same from behind. Now that Liam stood in Zayn's house, without Zayn coming to greet him, he felt his heart getting heavy. M-maybe Zayn was asleep or something?
Liam wanted to bang his head on the wall. He felt disappointed, scared, but most of all- dread.
Waliyha led them to the living room and Liam sat his duffel bag down by the door.

The house hadn't changed much, it still looked great in it's classical-modern style. Safaa was asleep on the couch, and Liam's heart ached. Zayn was gone. He was gone. Somehow, even as he repeated the words in his mind, he didn't believe it. It was impossible, Zayn couldn't just be gone. He talked to him, didn't he?
"Hot chocolate, tea or coffee?" Waliyha asked, starting the fire in the hearth.
"Coffee." Liam answered, and Louis shrugged. "Hot chocolate will do."
Waliyha disappeared into the kitchen only to arrive minutes later with a tray filled with three mugs. She handed Liam his coffee and Louis his hot chocolate before picking up the last cup and plopping down on the opposite couch with a sigh.
"Where's Doniya?" Louis asked after a few sips.
Waliyha bit in her lower lip harshly. "She's uh...upstairs. With mum."
Liam blew at the brim of the cup before taking a sip. The hot liquid soothed his throat and immediately jolted him a bit awake. "How is she?" Liam asked softly. Waliyha's hands played absently with Safaa's hair. "I-I honestly don't know."

Liam glanced in her eyes and realized that she was so very scared. "She's been in her room ever since we came home." Waliyha continued, biting her lip furiously. "And apparently...Tom's in town."
"Tom?" Liam frowned.
"The captain." Waliyha answered curtly.
Liam's blood ran cold, and he tried not to loose control. That fucking captain had to swoop in out of nowhere to ruin the day, didn't he? Of course. Oh no, Zayn...
"What the fuck?" Louis' eyes were wide, and he was gripping his hot chocolate tightly.
Over the phone, Doniya had told Liam that Zayn hadn't arrived yet and the police were suspecting that he'd been kidnapped, a reason for him not retuning, answering the phone, and not bringing the groceries. Liam had told Louis the same.
Waliyha looked confused. "You guys don't know?"
Liam shook his head furiously. "No, Doniya didn't tell me it was the freaking captain!"
Louis and Waliyha shushed him and Liam ran a hand through his hair.

"This can't be happening." he said, shaking his head. He imagined Zayn chained up to the wall, badly beaten. Liam's eyes widened. "Oh god."
"How can you guys assume that? He ran away, he's in Australia somewhere." Louis assured the two, though it sounded like he was assuring himself more.
"He's been in Britain for some time." Waliyha swallowed. "Al, the officer we talked to, told us he'd robbed a house here in Bradford. After laying low, he robbed a house. They were confused on what to do, until we came. They're working on the case, and they're saying that if Zayn doesn't come home by tomorrow, that's what happened." Waliyha's eyes filled up with tears. "He was kidnapped. They have all his files and all these record since the time in Australia, and they told us to wait for a call. He probably wants ransom, and-" Liam watched with wide eyes as Waliyha began to cry. His heart ached, and he walked forward to rub her back. "It'll be okay." Liam assured her as Louis disappeared into the kitchen. "He wants ransom right? We'll give him the money, and just like that we'll have Zayn back."

Waliyha wiped her eyes with her sleeve. "Y-you should've seen mum, she looked like she was completely done Liam." she whispered. "I'm afraid after two years, she's finally cracked. She can't take this anymore, we can't take his anymore." Waliyha sniffed, sobbing quietly. Louis kneeled down and handed her a glass of water, rubbing her back soothingly. Liam knew she had to let it all out, she looked like she'd been holding it for a long time.
"It'll be okay." Liam forced a smile. "They want ransom we'll give them ransom."
Louis nodded. "It will be okay." he repeated.
Oh how bad Liam wished these four words were true.

>>>>A/N<<<<
I was going to update sooner, but we went to the beach and had a blast and all.
I also wanted to inform you guys that I'm going on a trip with my family, and won't be back until Sunday. School starts on Monday. I'll probably write while I'm away, but idk about posting. Depends if I'll have net.
Hope you liked this chapter! Comment your thoughts, and don't forget to vote!
Chapter dedicated to Winterlux for her amazayn comment 😊😘 Thanx!

All the freakin love xx