[5]

5- Zayn
Chapter dedication: @freakzoom

Zayn closed his eyes, taking deep breaths. What was the fucking captain expecting him to do in this uncomfortable position and cold? Sleep?
Zayn snorted. His name is Tom, he thought bitterly. How lovely.
Zayn shivered under his coat and he clenched his teeth as an eerie howl sounded through the wearhouse. His hands were getting colder by the second and Zayn wondered where the fuck the captain had thrown his gloves. He opened his eyes again and sighed. The thumping in his head had slowed, and so had the dizziness. Zayn glanced down at his boots, noticing a stone on the ground. He kicked it hard and it collided with the wall, the sound echoing around him. He felt like banging his head back in frustration. He was glad that they had at least not cuffed his hands to the pillar, and he reached up and rubbed his tired eyes. Maybe he should try to sleep after all. Zayn sighed again before closing his eyes.

>>>> >>>>>
Zayn woke up a few hours later. His body felt like lead, his legs aching badly. He wished he was at home. In his warm bed. With the duvet over him. Safaa talking excitedly about her school project. Zayn's eyes fluttered open, and he looked around. The sun had started coming up, and the cold was icier than ever. His hands were absolutely frozen and he tried to move them, but they were too numb and wouldn't budge. Zayn moistened his cracked lips. Goosebumps had formed themselves on his skin and he wished the captain, Tom, would have at least left a heater. Zayn sighed. Who was he kidding? This was freaking kidnapping.
Zayn stretched his legs, trying to get the numbing feeling to disappear. He kicked them a few times, but he gave up as soon as his back began to ache. He closed his eyes trying to go to sleep, and eventually he did.
When Zayn woke up again, he was sitting on the cold floor. He was still tied to the pillar and his back ached like hell. Zayn groaned softly. He swiped his tongue on his bottom lip, shivering at the coolness. His handcuffed hands were resting in his lap, and he forced his eyes open.

The warehouse lights were dimly lit, the dusty and old smell had lessened. Instead the air was colder, and Zayn squinted out the window to see that it was snowing, the flakes settling themselves on the ground softly.
By the left window, sitting on a cardboard box with his back to the wall, was the captain. One leg was resting on the other, and in his hand was a phone. Zayn narrowed his eyes. His phone. He felt anger, but more than that he felt envious of the man. He was all warm and comfortable in his black sweater and jeans, while Zayn was freezing to death.
"Oh you're awake, great." Tom said, glancing up briefly. "I've been trying to guess the code." he rolled his eyes. "You took your time."
"You could've woken me up." Zayn pointed out, his voice hoarse. His nose was cold and he rubbed it a few times to at least feel it again.
Tom shrugged. "Thought you'd need the sleep."
"Since when do you care?" Zayn said bitterly.
"I don't." Tom smirked and stood up. "But I do care if I don't get what I want." His eyes hardened and he glared at Zayn. "Like last time. I told you I'd find you."

A shiver ran down Zayn's spine, and it wasn't just because of the cold. "Now," Tom said, picking something up from the box he was previously sitting on. Zayn noticed it was a bottle of water and a baguette. His stomach churned, and he sat up straighter.
"Eat up quick, we have a few things to do today." Tom said, placing the food on the ground in front of him. He stood up again and pulled out his phone out. frowning. He placed the two phones on the box, still frowning. "That's odd." he muttered, before picking his phone up. His eyes were glued to the screen as he walked out of the warehouse. Zayn didn't care, he just began to dig in. Zayn grabbed the baguette with his weak hands and began to eat hungrily, sighing in relief. Grabbing the water bottle, he tried to screw the cork, but his hands were too numb to apply any kind of pressure. He groaned again. And that's when his eyes landed on his phone. Hope sparked inside of him as he stared at it. He threw a glance at the warehouse door before sinking down on the ground as much as he could. He kicked the cardboard box to the left before kicking it to the right, making it come closer. He then tried to kick it from behind, his tongue peeking out of his teeth as he strained his stiff body.

Finally, the box fell to the ground and the phone skidded to a stop in front of Zayn.
Zayn's heart picked up it's speed and he reached out to pick it up. He gritted his teeth as his numb hands fumbled with the device, but eventually he managed to grab it. Zayn clicked on contacts and pressed his mum's phone. The bell rang a few times, but she didn't  pick up. Zayn scowled, his eyes darting to the warehouse door. He then dialed the second number on his phone, Waliyha's. Two rings later, the phone picked up. "Z-Zayn?"
Relief washed over him, and Zayn smiled slightly. "Yeah, it's me. Waliyha I'm-"
"W-where are you, are you okay?" Waliyha said. Zayn heard voices in the background and his eyes widend. "Is that Louis?"
"Zayn answer me, where are you!?"
"Waliyha, what's going on?" Trisha's voice could be heard and Zayn's heart ached to get back home. "Mum, I'm-" he started but the phone was snatched from his hands.

He looked up to see Tom smirking, his two men by his side. He nodded at Zayn as if saying, good job. A sick feeling overcame him, and Zayn realized the captain did it on purpose.
"Why hello, Zayn's family." Tom said, his voice cheery. He set the speaker on and Zayn could hear the different voices at once. "It's the fucking captain."
"Oh god."
"Where's Zayn? Is he home yet?"
"Go back to sleep Safaa."
"Shut up, and let me listen."
"Should we call the police?"
"Shut up Waliyha!"
Zayn swallowed thickly, his mind racing. He was sure he had heard Louis, and Waliyha, Safaa, Doniya, his mum-
"What do you want?" An angry, but stuffed voice came from the speaker. Zayn's eyes widened, and his heart raced.

"L-Liam?"
"Zayn?" Liam asked desperately, and Zayn's heart broke. He was putting everybody in pain, again. He glared at the captain, wanting to chop his head off. If it wasn't for him, he'd be at home right now. Wait, why was Liam and Louis in Bradford in the first place?

"Oh a reunion, how lovely." Tom chuckled. "I suppose I've never spoken to you directly, have I, Liam boy?"

There was silence on the other line...
"What the fuck do you want? How much money are you after?"
Zayn sucked in a breath. "Louis." he mumbled.
Tom rolled his eyes. "I just wanted to inform you that Zayn's my guest for a few..uh days"
Zayn gritted his teeth and glanced down at his handcuffs. Guest yeah.
"You don't want to inform the police, you see. Zayn and I, we're having bonding time and your local police will ruin that." Tom said, his tone less cheery. "As for the ransom, I'd love that. How much money, hmm." Tom tapped his chin, glancing at Zayn up and down. "I'd say 5 million pounds would do."

Zayn heard Louis on the line. "Fine." He said through gritted teeth.
"Ooh that's great, I'll bring Zayn along. Let's discuss the meeting place." Tom raised a finger to one of the bodyguards. The man picked up a sheet of paper, handing it to Tom who crumpled it in front of the phone. "Eh...uh...no...losing...c...connection."
Zayn tilted his head, watching. What the hell was he doing?
"Okay bye." Tom said, tossing the paper before ending the call. He lifted the phone up and snapped a picture of Zayn, no doubt sending it to Waliyha's phone. The thought made Zayn's blood boil. The captain pocketed Zayn's phone and smirked at him. "You've got a nice family. Too bad they will have to hug the phone instead." he cracked up and Zayn couldn't do anything but clench his cold hands into fists.

>>>>A/N<<<<
😈 Double update, yes!  How was the chapter? Poor Zaynie. Poor family. Poor boys 😔😏
Thank you guys so much for all the follows, votes and comments! 100 followers, wow. I started the first book with zero xD
Chapter dedicated to freakzoom, I'm glad you enjoy the books 😜

Adios lovely humans xx 😘