Chapter One

I got up from my desk just as the clock striked 5pm. It was my last class for the day and it was the weekend. I quickly exited the classroom slipping my school ID from around my neck and placing it into my book bag. I walked down the hallway of the science block and out the double doors heading for the students parking lot.

I checked my watch one quick time making sure I made it to my car in 5 minutes. Just as I was about to hop into my car my cellphone rang. Pulling it from my pocket, I checked to see the name that appeared, it was my mother.

Lately she and I weren't at a good place. We got along fine but since I found a new job everything has been unsettling; because of my late shifts she has been unhappy but I had to do what I needed to do.Money wasn't quite the issue for me, but I needed more for myself. My mother had two children, Diamond and I.

Diamond was more like her adopted daughter, when my mother met her ex-boyfriend some 10 years ago he came with two kids, Diamond and Damon. Damon died after 5 years into their relationship due to mistaken indentity and their mother was strunged out on drugs. So my mom decided to take in Diamond.

After a while her and her ex boyfriend Richard broke up. After Diamond turn 18 she started working at a grocery store, where she found some guy which left her with 2 kids. So imagine what its like having to deal with a sister and two kids who depended on my mother as well as I.

I apperciated my mother's strength to take on three mouths to feed; but I wasn't about to let her bend and break her back to take care a grown ass woman with kids. I wasn't about to let her take care of my wants all by herself. So I decided to get a job.

For the fifth time in 5 minutes I declined her call, but agreed to text her, letting her know that I was safe and was on my way to work. I jumped into my car and head towards the Grandé Victoria Hotel on Melia's Island.

I pushed pass all the traffic of the employees trying to make it to work on time. After 5 in the evening it got hecked. I handed the officers my 2$ for toll before being allowed on the property.

My shift started at 6:00 and it was already after 5:20. I quickly swiped in at the clock and headed to the employees cabin and changed. When I got there everyone was partically dressed and ready for the night.

"Hey Bey, how you been?" Khandii asked as I walked towards my locker.

"Everythings good. How about you?" I asked slipping of my clothes leaving me in my underwear.

"Nothing much. I finally got away from Montell's trifling ass and into my own place and I got my car." She answered proudly.

"OMG...Thats great I just bought mines two days ago. Mom doesn't no tho' she'll start tripping." I explained

"OH...Tell your mama she has nothing to worry about. You'll be fine. We making money and our asses are climbing up the ladders." She continued

"I know right. This is my independence and I'm willing to take it as long as its given to me." I said picking up my uniform from my locker and heading to the bathroom.

I quickly tossed my hair into a high ponytail before twirling it around to forming a messy bun. I quickly applied my makeup and some bright blue eye shadow to make my eyes pop.

I quickly stripped out of my underwear and placed on the white bikini that was given to me. I slipped on my matching blue heels that I brought to add a pop of color to my uniform. I walked back to the lockers and immediately the other girls started cheering.

"Thats what's up newbie!" Khadisha said as she jiggled her ass towards mines.

"Yall its almost 6. We've got 10 minutes to get out there." Lakiesha announced. "Where you working Bey?" She asked.