Chapter 73

After Saphira had picked up her camping supplies from the apartment, she had opted to sit in the driver seat of the peterbilt as Optimus drove through the city towards the park. Behind him was Sentinel, Bumblebee, Sideswipe, Ironhide, Ratchet, Dino, Wheeljack and Barricade. She was rather excited to be able to spend quality time with the autobots again. It felt like years since she actually spent time with them. It was too bad that they could not show Sentinel the emerald field that she and Optimus had made many memories in. She had no doubt he would have liked it.

"How are you feeling now that you have met Sentinel, Saphira?" Optimus asked curiously, making her flinch in surprise. "He did not seem like he had any plan with the decepticons."

"Well...him attacking you as soon as he woke up is something I won't soon forget. But...he seems to be nice. But I haven't really introduced myself to him properly. He only knows me as your sparkmate, but we have not actually spoken to each other properly." She glanced at the side view mirror to see Sentinel behind them. "So I guess I can't really say much until I actually get to know him."

"I suppose that is fair. Taking my word for it isn't necessarily what you want. It is best to find out for yourself. And I am honestly glad we are heading out to a place where we can be in nature again. I am definitely looking forward to it." She nodded in agreement. Both she and Optimus had that in common. Spending time in nature really felt so much better, as it felt like there was no one but them on this world. "I honestly am looking forward to showing Sentinel the beautiful side of this planet."

"Sounds like a great idea. Since now I am under autobot protection, I am wondering what we will be able to do. I know Mearing intends on keeping you here for now until, I guess, Sentinel gains the trust of the humans. Though..." She let out a light chuckle, thinking back to Mearing's attitude regarding the pillars that Sentinel had with him. "I am surprised she basically accused you of bringing something dangerous to this planet. Is the space bridge vortex meant to be good?"

"It is."

"You it would have won the war on Cybertron. I am curious about how it would have done that. Seems strange to me...but I guess Sentinel must have been searching for more energon or something." She couldn't be sure, bit she still found it suspicious that Sentinel somehow ended up on the Moon. It seemed he intended on coming to Earth. "Though I guess he has no use of the pillars in that sense."

Optimus let out a low hum as he thought about what she had said. "That might be true. But the decepticons could still make use of them...so keeping them lock away is wise. As for winning the war...I believe Sentinel told me he found a place where we could find a way to save Cybertron and win the war. He did not go into detail I am afraid."

Saphira drummed her fingers on the seat lightly as she thought about it. "Regardless, I kind of want to get past the idea that he might have made a deal with Megatron. He's your mentor, and I want him to feel welcomed on this world. So I am going to make an effort."

"I am very pleased to hear that from you, Saphira. I know Barricade could be right, but I do believe he does not know the full story and he might be wrong." That was also true. Because it did seem Barricade only overheard things from other decepticons, and not directly from Megatron. "Sentinel is likely in a state of shock. I know he never expected me to find a sparkmate after Elita, let alone a human for a sparkmate."

"I can imagine. He is probably wondering what the hell you were thinking. Hopefully I can convince him that I am a good sparkmate." She looked down at the dash and turned on the radio to go through the channels to find something to listen to. Just smiled when she landed on a channel playing an Abba playlist. "Oh, yeah! I love these songs!"

Optimus was amused at Saphira's enthusiasm regarding the music that played through his radio. Mamma Mia was playing, and Saphira was happily singing along to the song. And dancing a little in her seat. It was extremely endearing to him and he too enjoyed the music. Mostly because Saphira was happy, so it made him happy. She sang and danced along to the music all the way until they reached the campground.