Chapter 51

Hey readers! I do apologize, but I have decided to rewrite just the last couple chapters I had written for the Heart of Prime. Mostly because I wasn't entirely happy with them. Sorry for the long writer's block. I am going to get back into the story now. I hope you will enjoy the rewritten chapters.

Six Months Later...

Saphira had done really well since she became the defensive driving instructor for NEST over these many months. It allowed her to forget about Galloway and the possible threats that the decepticons were considering to do to Saphira in order to try and win some kind of affection from her so that she may fall for Megatron. If she had some stockholm syndrome, that could likely happen, though that would not be the case.

She fully recovered from her injuries from the incident in Egypt and she has been doing very well in college, despite everything she already was doing. She did not go to Ratchet to learn about Cybertronian medical all the time after she learned enough. Though she did end up having to help when Skids and Mudflap did something stupid on a mission, and the two bots needed surgery. Saphira had been very helpful in that surgery and she was really happy that she was even able to help.

Chromia and Wheelie did return from their little side mission, bringing back another small bot. He called himself Brains, and he used to work with the decepticons too. And he definitely went by his name...most of the time. Brains turned out to be creepy, and she often found Brains spying on her. Wheelie tried to stop him, but the bot seemed to be intrigued by female humans and he was often found checking out women and he often wanted to stay with Saphira. He was thankfully forbidden to.

But as much as she had wanted Chromia to spend some time with her, the femme got pulled away onto missions. Ratchet and Wheeljack ended up being the only bots to remain in NEST for majority of the time. Optimus and the others would return to the base several times at the end of each mission, and would only be there for a few days before they leave. During those times, Optimus and Saphira found time to spend with each other and she loved every moment of it. And she ensured to spend time with Bee and the others as well.

Right now, Saphira had wrapped up her twentieth class of recruits who went through the defensive driving training with her. She could not believe she already taught at least a hundred students with five each class for the training. She was proud with how well she has done her job. But that was coming to an end soon. Her birthday was in a week's time, and Optimus still had not returned. She worried he wouldn't be back on time, but the phone call she had a week before seemed to indicate that they would be. She just needed to be patient.

Saphira was in her office on the base, finishing off some final paperwork, when she heard a knock at the door. She looked up and she was surprised when she saw Charlotte Mearing. It had been sometime since she had last seen her and gestured for her to come in. "This is quite a surprise, Director Mearing. I hope this is not like some good news, bad news sort of thing."

The woman smiled slightly at the girl as she approached her with a folder in her hand. "I don't have any kind of news for you. I wanted to come and personally thank you for your work here. But I would like to extend the offer of you staying with NEST and continuing working with us and teaching new recruits. If you would like the job."

"I have enjoyed the job so far, but..." She looked up from her computer and smiled at the woman politely. "However...I really want to know what my grandfather did before he passed. I feel like not taking on that responsibility might be like shoving him into the wall and leaving him behind. I don't want to do that."

The woman nodded, understanding the girl's reasoning. "For the record, you have done very well. I do have something for you though." She held the envelope towards the girl. "And man called the base earlier asking for you. It seems he is the trust attorney for your grandfather's will. He is wanting to meet with you soon."