Chapter 43

Sitting in the familiar cab, Saphira was very excited to see where Optimus would take her next. She knew she was going to love it, already having spent half of the day at the national forest she just could not wait for the next surprise. She wondered what other things he had planned for the two of them, though it was one step at a time. He had not told her to close her eyes or anything, though she knew she would be surprised nonetheless. She could see Optimus was sticking to the road with open fields surrounding them, and she practically was looking all around for any sign of where they were going. The suitcases in the back were not there for nothing.

She soon feels Optimus slow down and turn onto a dirt road, she glanced at the sign and widened her eyes when she saw the name. "Wildberry Lodge? Ooh, I've never heard of this place. Sounds amazing!"

Optimus chuckled gently through the speakers. "I believe you will love it. It is right up our alley of simple enjoyment."

She was really excited as he drove further up the road, she could see they were approaching a shroud of trees again and the seclusion that the trees were hiding. "As long as it didn't cost a fortune to stay here, but it seems like it will be beautiful."

Optimus did not respond, though he definitely agreed with her. Soon the lodge ahead of them came into view and Saphira was still grinning from ear to ear. She placed her hands on her chest, caressing the back of them with her thumbs as she stared at the lodge ahead. She did wonder how people would react upon seeing a truck arriving instead of a normal car, though Saphira did not worry too much about that.

Optimus came to a stop and Saphira flinches suddenly as his holoform formed beside her in the driver's seat. "Allow me." The cab doors open and he grabbed the suitcases to carry down. "I hope you will enjoy our next few days here."

Saphira nodded, she was blushing very hard at the moment and she couldn't help but think of what else they both could do while here. She climbed out of the truck and breathed in the fresh air, looking around at the trees and the lodge around her. It was so very beautiful, and she was going to enjoy her time with Optimus.

Optimus had one of the suitcases in his hand, she figured the other would get used at the next locations they would go to. "Shall we go inside and check out our accommodation?" He extended his hand, Saphira grinned at him and gladly took it.

"Of course! I am so excited!" She skipped a little as they walk towards the lodge to reach the reception. "You didn't have to go through trouble just to do this for me, Prime. I would have been happy camping out somewhere. You know that."

"I am aware, but I want you to know that I want to make you feel special. And taking you to places like this is just the start." She looked down shyly, her cheeks were very red from blushing and she hoped she did not worry anyone around them as they arrive in the reception. "I will get us checked in, Lennox explained the process to me."

"If in doubt, I will do it." Saphira stood by Optimus as they reach the counter to check in and retrieve the room key.

She stayed silent the whole time while Optimus spoke with the receptionist. She raised an eyebrow when she noticed the woman was flirting a little, she was batting her eyelids at Optimus and leaning slightly so he could see her cleavage. Optimus did not seem to notice, though Saphira definitely did. Once he was given the key, Optimus kissed the back of Saphira's hand and guides her away from the counter to head up to their room. The woman gave Saphira the stink eye, making her shrug and turn away happily.

"I hope our room has a balcony that we can sit on and stare at the stars together," Saphira said as she walked with him to a set of stairs. "And maybe even watch the sun rising and setting, just being with each other like that is what I love the most. Nothing but just...being together."