Chapter 81

Saphira was curled up on her bed in the apartment. She had managed to return to the apartment after crying her eyes out on the side of the road, though it took her a half hour to even manage to get herself to the apartment. She had not received any messages from Lennox, Optimus or Mearing, but she had honestly checked out. She had sat in the shower for hours crying and holding her stomach. She was feeling so many emotions right now that it was not funny at all. And she ended up barely getting any sleep. And she barely ate anything either. She honestly she wanted to turn back the time right now, wishing she had not run out of the apartment. But she did wonder if she had stayed, Dylan and Laserbeak might had come to her.

She really felt awful. And she did buy a pregnancy test on the way to the apartment, and forced herself to take it. While the decepticons had essential confirmed it, she had to see the result herself. And it was positive. Saphira felt as though she was putting her child in danger. And she had no idea how far along she was. She held her stomach with her hands, and she guessed she was at least a month along. Her stomach was firm to touch, she couldn't press her fingers on the flesh like she used to. She did not even know how it when she would get to tell Optimus. She really wanted to.

I am so sorry, Optimus.

She had honestly wished Optimus came back to her that night. She desperately needed his warmth, his touch, his comfort...she wanted to hear his voice. But given what had happened, she knew that Optimus was unable to be with her right now. And he still had cut his emotions from her. It hurt. She wanted to feel his love for her, and it would have brought her comfort. But she was now trapped, handcuffed by the decepticons. She was terrified by what was likely to happen.

She glared at the watch on her wrist. She had tried to take it off a few times. She did not want it on her arm, she wanted it gone. But unfortunately, no matter how hard she tried, it would not budge. It left her pretty much defenceless and trapped, and she hated the feeling. She hated not being able to help herself, and she hated not knowing what was going to happen. She really desperately just wanted this to end.

She jumped when she heard her phone ringing. She had thought about ignoring it, but she picked it up and saw Lennox's number. She sighed deeply and decided to answer. "Hi, Lennox."

"Woah, you sound like you had an awful night," Lennox responded in surprise as Saphira's voice was very dry and hoarse at the moment. She frowned with a light groan of irritation. "Sorry. I really was not expected to hear that tone. Um...I guess you did not get much sleep last night."

"No...I did not. And I waited for Optimus to arrive..." She sniffled a little as tears fall from her eyes. "Um...I don't suppose you have news? I guess that is why you are calling me, Lennox. Although...I kind of didn't want anyone to bother me, aside from my sparkmate."

"Not much new, I'm afraid." She grimaced as she really did not want to hear that. "Unfortunately, we have lost track of all decepticons and Sentinel Prime. Their signals disappeared as soon as they left the city. We honestly have no idea where they are now...which is very uncomfortable to even think about."

That definitely was not good. "They will show themselves soon enough, I am sure. They are going to be going through with their plan, and we need to stop them." She breathed in deeply and rubbed her forehead. It was still a little sore from hitting her head on the steering wheel. "What about the autobots? Was Ratchet able to mend Barricade?" And...is Optimus coping?"

"Barricade has definitely been repaired. It was successful. He's itching to go and kick some decepticon ass." She smirked as she was not surprised by that at all. "And, as for the others, Ironhide has been blowing some steam. He's furious about this whole thing, and he's taken to punching empty shipping containers as punching bags. Bumblebee, Sideswipe and Dino are all feeling very down, while Wheeljack's been trying to make something. Ratchet has been keeping busy." Saphira was happy to hear what was happening. While she knew that the autobots were likely feeling frustrated and needing time to figure something out. "As for Optimus...he has pretty much gone silent. He's been in his vehicle form ever since returning to what is left of NEST. He's had idiots shouting insults at him, and blaming him for this."