Chapter 55

Saphira waited patiently at the house. She let out a few more tears as she waited, though she was more looking forward to being in Optimus's arms at the moment. She has missed him a lot. She knew that he would need to go on another mission sometime after her birthday, but she wasn't thinking about that. She was thinking of the things they could do together before than, and she was looking forward to it.

She jumped to her feet when she heard a knock on the door and ran over to open it. She smiled when she saw the young, muscular lean man with black hair and he was wearing a yellow, black striped singlet and black pants. She knew immediately who it was, and she was so happy to see him, especially since she has missed him.

"Bumblebee!" Saphira threw her arms around him. "I am so happy you came over. But I am also very sorry you had to come home because...you know...and especially since we all planned to have a good party this week."

Bumblebee pats her back gently with a smile. "Don't worry about me, little sister." He kissed her cheek and he let's go of her. "I will miss Chromia, but I also don't want to let the grief overshadow everything. That would make the week quite depressing."

"I already have had a bad week, we certainly need to end it on a high note." Saphira smiled as she looked behind Bee as she saw a man who looked to be in his late thirties with silver hair, lightly shaven beard and wore a green, button up shirt. Ratchet smiled politely at Saphira. "And I for one would like to join on this road trip that Optimus mentioned to me, but you failed to tell me."

Saphira giggled at him. "Oh, sorry...Optimus and I were kind of planning that between ourselves. I had not really told you because of that, but I was going to mention it to everyone one tonight."

"At least I know you and Optimus were being sneaky," Ratchet teased with a chuckle. "Optimus has never been that way with anyone. I guess you are just the lucky, soon-to-be sparkmate, that's why."

Saphira blushed and looked away from Ratchet, feeling flustered at Ratchet's comment. "Ratchet, did you really have to go and embarrass her like that?" She looked up and smiled when she saw a man in his late twenties, with long, dark, navy-blue hair pulled into a ponytail and wearing a white shirt and black shorts. Barricade placed his hand on Ratchet's shoulder and pulled him away from Saphira. "I have an idea, let's set up the pool room."

Saphira smiled at Barricade at his suggestion. "That is actually a good idea. A round of pools sounds like fun!" She turned to see the tall, bald, muscular man walking in and she nodded to him. "Hello, Ironhide." He grumbled a little at her and she gave him a sympathetic expression. "I hope you will be able to cheer up a little bit tonight. If you want, you can just watch. You don't need to join in."

"Thank you." Ironhide placed a hand on her shoulder, grateful for her suggestion. "I haven't been totally myself knowing we lost three of our autobots so close together. It never changes the pain. Even when Jazz was killed."

"Nobody ever said it was easy." Sideswipe walked in with a smile. She looked at the mid-twenties man with short cut, silver hair, white singlet and ripped jeans. Saphira still couldn't get over the appearance of their holoforms at times. "Oh, Brains and Wheelie are tagging along by the way." He gestured behind him as the two scrap bots roll in. "I don't mean they will come along with the road trip, but they want to join in with the entertainment tonight."

Saphira smiled as she looked down at the two bots. "Hmm, you are here to continue what we started last night, huh?"

They nod. "Of course!" Wheelie exclaimed happily with a smile. "There's absolutely no way you're gonna have a party without the two of us. We're a family! And we might be the short, little dudes of the family, but we love being a part of it."