Chapter 28

It was now Monday, and it was the first day of class. Saphira had a good time on Saturday night, she had won eight races that night and a large sum of winnings that she would make good use of later. She was very pleased with herself about that, and she was able to drive her GTR to the university without getting into trouble simply by parking the car in a spot outside the university, but within walking distance of course. Unfortunately, Sophia had not let up on Saphira about Friday night. She had wanted to avoid that subject, but that spoilt girl just wouldn't leave Saphira alone about it at all. She ignored her though, she wasn't going to let Sophia in on her business at all. There was a line that she did not want Sophia to cross, although that girl had been threatening to cross it.

Saphira walked to the auditorium with her books ready, humming to herself as she entered the large classroom. She saw Alice was already seated a few rows up, but she paid little mind to her. Professor Colin already had stuff written on the board and he noticed Saphira entering. He smirked at her and approached her with a slight swagger in his step.

"Morning, Saphira," He spoke to her in a slightly suggestive tone, that made her grimace and frown at him. He gestures to the front row. "How about a nice, warm seat in the front row hmm? That way you and I can get closer and I'll be able to help you get through the course."

"Um...no thanks," Saphira responded, stepping aside from the teacher. "I'm not a first row kind of person."

"Aw, you look like you are," The professor said to her in a teasing tone. "No matter, I am sure you and I will get along just fine."

She rolled her eyes as she walked up the stairs to take a seat. "That man is clearly no good, huh?" She jumped and turned, realizing Alice was behind her. "That's why I sat here. He said the same thing to me too."

"Yeah, he's creepy. And I am really sorry about Friday. I didn't know my car would do that...really." Saphira knew it sounded stupid, but the girl just smiled at her.

"It is fine. All is forgiven." Alice winked at her with a suggestive grin. "Maybe, at lunch we should go to the library to do some extra study together. That sounds like fun."

Saphira did not respond as she knew that Alice had an interest in her for a romantic reason. She didn't think she would continue being a friend to her at this time because she wasn't comfortable about it. Nonetheless, Saphira hoped to try and get Alice to understand she simply wasn't interested in her as gently as possible. The auditorium fills up with other students, and it was clear on which students were just there to admire the teacher and which ones were there to actually study. Including Sophia who somehow managed to get into this class.

Once the room was full, the man picked up a green apple and tossed his hat onto a lightstand, smiling at the students in his room. "Space." He shows off his little pocket watch as he walked along the stage. "Time." He takes a bit out of the apple and drops it towards one of the girls. "Gravity." Saphira rolls her eyes slightly when the girl picked up the apple and he muttered something to her with a suggestive grin before he continued speaking. "We're going on a journey together, you and I, today. All you eager, nubile, young minds on the very cusp of adulthood." He chuckled softly and Saphira tensed as she felt her brain aching slightly and she found it hard to concentrate. "And I shall be your consort, your guide, your chaperone into the heart of darkness. Welcome to Astronomy 101." Saphira clench her eyes to try and concentrate and listen to the teacher, though it was getting harder to do so. "For what do we know about the stars? Virgo, the virgin." Saphira began to open the pages of her textbook and read throw it, turning the pages very quickly as she did so and unable to stop herself. "Orion, the greater hunter. These are no mere twinkling diamonds, for lovely maidens to wish upon. No, they are dynamos, filled with a throbbing, savage and pent-up energy." Saphira did not notice the other students giving her weird looks as she flips through the pages, reading through each one as quickly as possible. "Behold the work of Albert Einstein, a professor once, like moi. Energy equals mass..."