Chapter 47

Hello readers! I am off on a well-deserved holiday for a week. Do not worry, I will return to post more chapters. Please, feel free to reread what has been written so far and comment. I enjoy seeing what my readers post.

Saphira was relaxed in the cab as Optimus followed the autobots out of the NEST base onto the road just outside the base. She was curious where the house was. She knew it was just outside the base, she did think it might be pushing it a little with her safety in a sense since she would reside outside the confines, but at least she would not have to adhere to a curfew if she decided to go for a drive somewhere casually.

"I am still a little troubled that NEST was not able to house you within the confines of the NEST base," Optimus said through the speakers as he drove behind Ironhide. "It would have been far safer for you to be there."

"Perhaps, but I personally am glad I can have a space where I can get away from being surrounded by military and government agents," Saphira said softly. "While the military themselves are not so bad, it's the other bit that is draining. Government agents just have their heads buried in the sand."

"They are concerned for their world and country, Saphira," Optimus argued gently. "However, I do not disagree they go about it the wrong way. Warrior minds tend to understand the world more than those who spend more time in politics."

"Did autobots have that too on Cybertron?" Saphira asked curiously, looking at the dash with a smile.

"We did. However, they were not of warrior class or Primes. They are sadly not around anymore." Optimus began to slow down as the other autobots begin to slow down as the house came into view. "Seems like that is your new house, Saphira. I hope you will like it."

Saphira could see the building ahead, but it was hard to see what it looks like as they were not close enough. Bumblebee turned into the driveway first, followed by Barricade, Dino, Sideswipe and Ironhide. Saphira smiled when she saw there was room for Optimus as he turned onto the driveway, and the garage was big enough for a Peterbilt as well.

The house itself is a two-story, modern house with high, grey brick fencing around the property. The garden was basic and it could use a lot of colour with flowers, and it could also be productive with fruit and vegetables growing in the ground. Though, of course, Saphira knew it would be a waste to do any of that at the moment.

Bumblebee's holoform stepped out of the camaro with the suitcases, he was smiling excitedly and gave one of the suitcases to Barricade who took one of the cases happily, he grinned at Saphira as they wait for her. Saphira was quick to climb out of the cab and looked up at the house excitedly. She heard Optimus's holoform following her and she looked at him with a grin.

"Nice to see you made it necessary for Saphira to see your holoform," Bumblebee teased lightly, making Optimus chuckle as he walked towards the front door with Saphira. Bee walked over to Saphira and held out a key to her. "I believe this belongs to you now."

"Thank you, Bee." Saphira takes the key from his hand and walked up to the front door. She was expecting a plain interior, nothing too fancy, so she did not have a huge expectation as she turned the key in the door and opened it. "Oooh...nice."

Stepping inside, Saphira pulled her shoes off by the front door to walk barefoot. Most of the ground floor was covered in white tiles, she could smell the scent of fresh paint that had been used to paint the walls white. There was a pink and blue flower art piece hanging on the wall to give the hallway by the staircases with black, wooden railings a bit of colour. There was also a long, pale blue, fluffy rug in the hallway that felt very nice to walk on.

"Not a bad entrance," Barricade comments as he looked around curiously. "Should we take these up to your room?"

Saphira turned in surprise and shook her head. "You can leave them by the stairs for the moment. I want to be the first to see my new bedroom."