Chapter 64

"So this rich boy Dylan Gould offered you some highly suspicious job and thinks he can somehow convince you to work with him?" Wheelie asked after Saphira told him and Brains what had happened at the café earlier. She was sitting at the kitchen counter on her laptop with the two scrap bots on the bench. "Sheesh! And I thought that decepticons would have picked a smarter human. They fragging messed up."

"I could do a lot of digging for you, Mrs Prime," Brains suggested, rubbing his hands together. "We could do some real damage to this man's company and make him useless to the decepticons."

"I think it would be best to not let them know we are onto them, Brains" Saphira responded with a smile. She was currently doing some research of Dylan's company to find out more about him, and how it was founded. "The decepticons are playing the bait game. Two can play the same game."

"And you are going to bait him in with some fancy driving, huh?" Wheelie asked with a grin. She nodded affirmatively. "You are a brave woman, Saphira. Are you going to be telling Optimus about this?"

"Eventually. I want to get more evidence while I can." Brains and Wheelie were both still smiling as they listened to her. "I do not know if this could potentially be dangerous though. A decepticon could be close by with him."

"There hasn't been anything unusual so far. So I think you are good. But do you want us to help you?" Wheelie rolled over to Saphira's laptop and saw she had the webpage of Hotchkiss Gould Investments up. "We can be your wingman while you go in."

"We would need to be careful if I do accept your help," Saphira said to the two scrap bots gently. "I could probably have an ear piece for you to listen in on what Dylan says to me when I see him at the car show on a few weeks. That gives us a bit of time to plan."

"It certainly does. But I do think it could go wrong if Optimus isn't informed, of course you are his sparkmate and can tell him what you want..." She smirked at Brains as he spoke to her. "If a decepticon is hiding their signal or is somehow cloaking their energon signatures we should think on a plan. Other than driving fast."

"I can give you a map of the area where the car show is going to be," Saphira offered.

"No need." Brains shakes his head and lifts his hands slightly. "You know I can download that information directly. You don't need to do that."

"Good." She looked back at the screen to do more research. "Seems like his company funded the moon landing many years ago." She hummed a little as she knew Barricade had been warning them about something on the moon. "Are you sure the cons never said anything to you about something on the moon?"

"I only know that the plan about Sentinel was a plan that has almost failed, from what I overheard from the other cons," Wheelie said as he thought back to what had been happening in his life when he worked with the decepticons. "What about you Brains?"

"Uggghhh...not really. I only know that there was some plan on the moon, but I don't know the actual details." Brains smirked slightly and tapped his head lightly. "Even though I have always been smart and useful to the cons, they never felt like that I should know a lot of information. So I wasn't told much at all."

Saphira sighed a little as she thought about trying to reach out the Barricade. It has been a few months since she had seen him. She couldn't just waltz up to the NEST base though without a good reason. Unless she got invited or had information, she wasn't allowed at the base. It sucked because she didn't like the arrangement, even if she could still see the bots.

"I guess we can see if we can get Barricade to come and talk to you," Wheelie offered. "He did not go with Optimus to Ukraine on this mission, he's still currently at the base."