Chapter 84

Smita has seen Dev who is understanding ,patient and humble.Even in his childhood when children are prone to be adamant , Dev usually reflected the maturity beyond of his age . After so many years , it is no reason to consider the possibility of vanishing this trait. She has heard Ananya's description of many events between them when he teased her to make her angry.

She heard it but still found it difficult to believe . She has serious doubt on Not only Dev's potential to tease but also Ananya's potential to be angry.From the day she met her, she found her sweet , caring and understanding.However today when she saw them ,she has no reason to doubt on their ability .After initial stage of shock,she founds herself smiling when she looks at the Dev and Ananya sitting side by side on the swing ,and drinking their coffees . Dev is flaunting about his talent of making coffee (something he had never did) and Ananya is dismissing his talent ( something she too never did before) .

For Mehar it is impossible to digest that two people who can fight like that over something like coffee, would be in love.Her love with Sid is different from this and This can be a oversimplified conclusion.

But Smita can see the thing that Mehar is unable to look at.Smita can see the brightness of Ananya's face that is stating that she is longing for this moment for so long. Smita can see the twinkle in his son's eyes while bantering with her . She can see the way they look at each other conveying something that is impossible to anyone else to decipher.

However despite their closeness,She can sense some invisible reluctance between them that become quite visible last night when Dev avoided to sleep in his room.It is quite clear that both of them are avoiding to touch some kind of sensitive topic in their relationship. She can practically feel their efforts to avoid the tension to built between them by ignoring something that is inevitable.

Being in a marriage from so many years,She knows that this relationship can be beautiful but delicate.Something that seems to be so simple is rather very complicated.If you love someone you can die for him.That is simple and most easiest things to do.Yes ,it is easy to die for someone whom you love but it is difficult  to retain that love in the long run .With time responsibilities increases .With responsibilities the ignorance toward their relationship also increases and none of them can understand that when the small small unsolved issues amounted to a large heap and finally the weight become more than their love.

Only way to avoid this is honest conversation with your partner ,no matter what the topic is . But many couples does the mistake of ignoring this point like Dev and Ananya are doing.She needs to talk with them .

*****************************************

Dev is lying on the bed with open eyes .Beside him Manav is snoring loudly.Dev's eyes are fixed on the celling.His mind is recalling his conversation with his parents. He was talking about normal things with them when the conversation turned toward his relationship with Ananya 

"Itni Pyari bachhi hai.Ek wahi hai jisse mere gane ki kadr hai." Speaks Mahesh proudly causing Dev and Smita to share sympathetic look.

"Aapko aaj subah dekna chahiye tha aapki pyari Bahu aur aapke agyakari bete ko " Speaks Smita laughing at the memory causing Dev 's face to become red from embarassment."Bachho jaise lad rahe the dono"

"Ye achha hai Inke bachhe honge to wo bhi sochenge ki Mummy,Papa to khud hi lad rahe hai, Hum bhi lad lete hai. "Speaks Mahesh with chuckle.Smita too smiles and Dev whose face turns into uncomfortable look.

"Kya baat hai Ballu?" asked Smita recalling her morning resolution.

"Kuch nhi Maa" He speaks putting smile on his face.