Chapter 80

Three years ago , Joshi house was witnessing a normal day where everyone was sitting in front of T.V. in which news of strange explosive found in Mumbai was telecasting .Manav and Mehar were engrossed in the breaking news along with his father and mother. Something they used to hate about adults when they were younger but now they are adults and they are watching news like most of the adults.

Smita was sitting there just to watch something during cutting of vegetables, stood up after she finished her job and walked toward kitchen but she couldn't cross the threshold because a very familiar name came into her ear .She frozen at the mention of that name and slowly turned toward to face the T.V screen just to make sure that she had heard correct word .And the word was reiterated several times.

She looked at her husband whose back was facing her but still she could see that he was equally shocked and shock of her two siblings were not less .

All of them looked at each other at the same with mixed emotion of shock ,disbelief and fear.In the background The panelist were arguing about the validity of  claim of man named DEV JOSHI  .

"Ek naam to kitno ka hota hai" Manav spoke breaking the silence and dismissing the unsaid fear. All of them found it easy to agree with him however they lingered in front of the channel for more than enough time .

None of them wanted to go to their work.Need for clarification of the fact was greater than the daily chores. And finally their wait ended .

A familiar figure appears on the screen .The fear of unknown danger started creeping in the room .The need to look at his face intensified.Everyone were convincing himself that he was someone else. But suddenly the camera zoomed on his face.

The same chocolate brown eyes were flashing on the T.V screen that were used to twinkle whenever Smita would made something tasty or Mahesh would plan a family trip or Manav would play chess with him or Mehar would declare their results at end of every term.

The same innocent smile that would appeared without any particular reason.The smile that spoke that the greatest happiness of life is jumping in the small water puddle or solving complex maths problem or eating ice cream for two times a day or winning a cricket .

The image gots blurry due to glistening tears in the eyes of spectators .Smita  forwarded her hand toward the T.V screen as if he was  himself standing their in front of her .Her son was there .Her Ballu was there.Her finger tip touches his forehead slightly and suddenly everything blackened.

The Joy of looking at her son after ages died and horror of the situation became vague. Her world too became black like T.V screen. The heaviness of her sorrow became too large that her legs refused to hold her weight and she stumble down on the ground with loud cry .

She could feel a hand around herself attempting to hold it but she couldn't register it. Her mind had refused to understanding anything because her heart was bleeding, bleeding by the loss of her son .

So She didn't know that Mahesh had fallen on the ground because his knee too were weak to hold the weight of grief.In fact his whole body had became weak .He had lost his strength ,He had lost his son .He was crying bitterly like a defeated warrior whose whole life had dedicated to protect his castle but then suddenly the castle crumbled down on the ground into dust like it was nothing . Whole life of Mahesh was dedicated toward his family.His wife and his three children.He had tried to gave them protection and happiness. But he had failed. Because His son had died and he was living.What kind of father he is? How could he breath when his son's breath had stopped.Why didn't his heart stop when his son's heart refused to beat. He was wipping bitterly.

Some cracky voice was falling on his ears about handling himself so that he could handle Smita but none of them was making any sense to him.

When two elders of the family had broken ,the two younger members  grew up suddenly. Manav and Mehar were fighting from the grief of losing his brother and at the same time were trying to console their parents .Some time Manav sat beside Smita and Mehar with Mahesh , trying to console them with hollow words . Some time they exchanged their place and would say same word to another one with teary eyes and weepy voice and when the weight became too heavy they sat down together weeping in arms of each other as the picture of their brother came in front of their eyes.But they couldn't sit there and keep crying over the loss for the life time because their parents seemed to be weak and hence they had to be strong.