Chapter 3

There is hustle- bustle in the whole Bharat Nagar . Everyone is doing one or another things as there is very less time left for the marriage.

Dev looks at the flame of holy fire as he is sitting in front of the holy fire .Today is his marriage with the girl whom he loves .

Situation would be different if it would  be some other day .May be They would have confessed their love and then after some time of courtship as a couple they would have decided to get married . Marriage procession would have been different too.Wearing red bridal lehenga she would enter in his house as well in his life .Life after there marriage would be something else .But now situation is different.

Why destiny has to be so cruel ?

His chain of thought gets broken by the noise that indicates her arrival.He looks up .He have thought that she will come in red bridal lehenga but She is wearing a long Salwar kurti.He mentally slapped himself over his thought . Obviously from where  she will arrange bridal lehenga in short span of time .

She gives a thousand watt smile as she stands in front of him and winks at him.He chuckles at her antics but at the same time  he is not able to stop tears from coming in his eyes.

"Ab bhi waqt hai Anu .Please mat karo" He tried last time to stop her .

"Waqt hi to nhi hai Dabbu" She said with a smile.

"Tumhe sare jivan ki taqlif de kar jaa raha hu .Antim waqt per ye dard mat do" He doesn't give up.

"You deserve that. Mujhe ignore karne ki punishment hai. Sara dard sirf mera nhi ho sakta na ." She replied."Tumhara ho gya ho to rashme start kare "

"Har baar harne ke baad bhi pta nhi kyu mai iske saath behas karta hu" He said to himself in low voice  but loud enough to reach her ears.

"Kyuki meri  face hi aaisi hai .Log dekh kar ignore nhi kar paate " She repeated his lines with smile while putting garland in his neck .

"Ha aaisa ajeeb chehra log generally nhi dekhte na" He replied with smirk while putting garland in her neck .

"Youuuuu" She shows her finger toward him with fake anger while her eyes are filled with tears.

"Meeeeee" He said smiling in tears while holding her finger and convert it into handshake.

"Ye log apni Shaadi me bhi lad rahe hai" Said Padmani ji emotionally while smiling in tears and rest of them chuckles at her comment.

They sits near the holy fire while priest starts chanting mantras.

"Sirf Kuch ghanto ke liye ye pehne jaa rahi hu" He said while picking up the Mangalsutra.

"Pehan to rahi hu na .Tumhara bas chalta to ye bhi nhi pehan pati " She said signalling him to tie it in her neck.

He rolled his eyes and ties the mangalsutra around her neck. She closes her eyes as she put sindoor in her hairline while tears appears around  corner of her eyes with a smile on her face.She has been waiting for this day since a long time and now when her dreams come true its life span is only for some hours.

He looks away to hide his ears which is threating to come after seeing Ananya 's tears.

They stands for the 'PHERA' after composing themselves.

"Kya vada karu tumse ? He said looking in her eyes" koi bhi wada nibha nhi paaunga "

"Jo sare promises hote hai wahi karoge na. Shaadi ke phere  me apne paise wapas karne ka to promise nhi le sakti na" She said shrugging her shoulder sounding obviously.