Chapter 79

He peered out from the window to look more clearly at the shops and buildings that were passing rapidly . Some of them seemed to build some years before,some of them seemed to be renewed and some where standing like before , looking older and tattered.

He could almost see a five year old boy walking on the hot surface of cemented road with bare foot.The shabby looking half pant and the torn out Baniyan were vague in his mind.The kettle on his one  little hand and tray holding many glass in which tea were filled were hanging in the air as he walked toward one of the tall buildings.

Dev Joshi can see little Ballu seeling tea in that area through his memories. He can the little child jumping on the floor to stop the heat wave to reach on his feet .The little boy faded back as the car took the turn in one corner .

And now that little boy was in the arms of man with round shaped face. He was a long man for the boy but not for anyone else . The man was telling about some people residing in his house and the child was hearing it with awe .

Soon both of them to evaporates in the air . Involuntary Dev's hand extend toward them in an unsuccessful attempt to stop them from Vanishing . Before he can register the pain throbbing in his heart from the disappearance of the duo ,his eyes fall on a familiar structure made from brick and cement, that is known as home.

His home.

He doesn't know when the car stopped and when he came down from car. He didn't know when his leg dragged him near the iron door that reaches below his shoulder.He could see five year old boy swinging on the door with another two little companion . He could see them laughing and disappearing into the air as he walk nearer.

Behind the door he can see the boy chasing or being chasen by the another two kids with happy faces.The little hand were holding the ball and threw towards the another boy who was standing in front of him with bat. He tried to hit it but the ball touched the stump and girl standing in fielding position jumped from happiness. While the boy that was holding the bat glared at her but she walked towards the boy to take the bat but boy refused and then all three of them started arguing finally the girl walked inside the house stomping her feel and  both boys followed her  .

Again they disappeared.

Ballu who was elder from his old self came out from the door of the house wearing bright kurta and payjamaa and joined the group of his mother and his brother and his sister l ho were standing at the corner while his father was  lighting the firecrackers.They simultaneously run away from the firecrackers followed with their laughter mixing with each other.

Now he could see Ballu running away from his mother who was walking toward him with blindfold on her eyes and waving the hand in the air.

Ballu , drenched in colour, was shouting, laughing and dancing with his brother and sister while his mother was feeding all three of them from her hand.

Ballu was quickly grabbing the clothes that were spread on the ropes ,with her mother and small water droplets fell on them .

Ballu was sitting on the Mat spread on the grass with his brother and sister with his books spread in front of him.

Each scenes dissolved into the air before another one started.Each time Ballu was little older than earlier. Laughing, running playing, chatting as he returned from school with school bag on his back.

The tightening of Dev's heart intensified with each scene . Tearing his eyes from the ground his eyes scan the two storey building.

"Aaj se ye tera ghar hai beta." He could hear the voice ringing in his head.The words of his father that had strike his ears when he had first time seen this house.Then it was of only one storey .