CHAPTER 51

The two lookalikes are lying side by side .One of them is alive while other one is death .

"Taxi dono ko nhi le ja payegi"Speaks the taxi driver .The Taxi itself was in bad condition its front seat was almost gone what that  left was quite difficult to seat on.The back seats were also in bad condition but was enough to carry one unconscious person .The conscious one could adjust himself accordingly.So the driver informed the same to Jolly.

Jolly looked at his brother and then at the look alike.How could he leave his brother his brother's body needed proper and respectful funeral .He couldn't leave him at this place. But how could he left the stranger?

He was alive . There might be a chance to save his light .May be his family wouldn't have to go through.

Jolly again looked at both man .Finally mustering the courage,he made the decision.Decision to leave his brother and save the stranger .He knelt in front of his brother and put his head on his lap

"Humko maaf kar do Happy . Humko jana padega.Per hum aayenge ha.... Tumko lene aayenge...." Tears kept rolling his eyes .He felt  like he was betraying his brother ."Hum aayenge "  He speaks by hugging his brother tightly before letting it go .

If moving that stranger was difficult and putting him inside the taxi was hurricalean 
task . Both of them had were running out of breath as they put the stranger into the tax .Jolly once again looked at the lifeless body of his brother.

"Hum aayenge Happy" He speaks feebly before sitting inside the taxi .

Journey till the hospital is not so vivid in his mind .Next things he can remember was his wife crying and  was asking about the accident of the man whom she thought to be Happy .But he didn't have the courage to told her the truth so he remained silent.  Then he needed to arrange money . Earlier it was only for his mother ,so his savings were sufficient for him but now he had to save a stranger too.That stranger seemed to be seriously injured.So he had to take loan from Goldy by keeping his house as mortgage but before that he returned to the place where his brother was waiting for him but there was no one .He looked everywhere but he didn't find him. He broke down in tears from the pain and agony

He couldn't keep the track of time in the hospital.However he can recall that it was his mother who first came out from her unconsciousness and asked about Happy .He didn't have any strength left to answer  her .So his wife came with the excuse of Happy being in Kanpur with the children which was quite sensible for few days but after that his mother started to be suspicious about absence of Happy's call or  any message and finally she demanded  the truth.
Having no other Jolly told her that the man who was admitted a room away from them was his brother and informed her about the accident and as he anticipated her health started to deteriorate causing an emergency situation in the hospital.

Jolly remembered standing in the Between of two rooms .In one her mother was lying and in another was the stranger.He founded himself in complete mess .When that stranger would become conscious how he was going to be tell the truth.

Then after two months, that day came when the stranger was actually conscious.But he felt like God was merciful for him as doctor informed him that the man seemed to be quite lost . They doubted that the accident had effected his brain causing some damage.Most like was the memory loss.

After that they had to stay in Mumbai for 3 more months.His mother has recovered in a better way .The stranger however was not dependent on the Oxygen cylinder and other machines, still he had not spoken a single word .He looked at everything as if he was not understanding like everything was new for him ,from stranger to his own body parts ,he seemed to struggling through words as if he didn't know anything like words is there in the world. Doctor informed them that his mind was blank and they had to make sure that he understood words and could recognise things. Dimple and his mother remorsing the information however Jolly was relieved from this news .He didn't have to tell anyone the truth  . However he felt guilty for not informing his mother about the death of her son and about keeping someone away from his family but he couldn't afford the risk .

So after discharging the Man whom they called Happy ,they came Kanpur where he ,Dimple and his mother had put their whole effort to help Happy in recognising things and speaking words .Slowly Happy started to speak like them and started recognising them. Everything was going fine till Dimple pointed out hopefully that Happy was recovering fast and one day he will remember everything.

This thought was quite terrifying for him .He couldn't able to sleep in the night.He couldn't allow Happy to recall himself but what could he do.He was trying to look for every possible way but at the same time all of it looked useless. He spent weeks in the fear when coincidently he came to know that the groom ( He was taken contract for his marriage) was drug addict due to which he kept forgetting things and had weak memory

The word ' Weak memory' kept nagging his mind for several .He was not someone who would consider drugs and the possibilities were distrubing so at a point of time he let go the thought but couldn't stop himself from finding about the particular drug. So he talked with someone who knew the groom very well and got to know that the groom  was not actually consuming drugs but a kind of medicine  that needed doctor's prescription  but is taking without prescription.He enquired about the other side effects and got to know that the only side effects was weak memory.

So his gave up his last descision and talked with the groom who later introduced him to the supplier . There was moral binding for him but he argued with himself that this is all signs of god and he should utilise the opportunity.So he started giving the medicines to Happy but there was always guilt .So he became overprotective for him.

His plan was full proved till arrival of Ananya.

When he first saw her,he thought that she was just like another client and Happy's enthusiasm to meet her again was normal .Afterall she is a very beautiful girl. but when he saw Dev's picture in Ananya's room ,he got to know that the man whom he was calling Happy is non other than Dev and somehow she is related to Dev.

Ananya's proposal for Happy to act like Dev was another blow for him .If Happy is going to act like person who he actually is then how could he not remember it.So opposed this with his whole strength but the signed contract had more weight than his Strong verbal opposition.

He couldn't stop directing his anger towards Ananya .She had destroyed their peaceful life by forcing Happy to came back in his life and when he got to know that Ananya is wife of Dev .He felt like h
earth had slipped below his feel . He couldn't leave everything on the fate .He needed to keep Happy away from Ananya especially when she is someone so close to him but instructing Happy the same was not giving any result . So he tried to gather money so that he can fulfill the terms of the contract. Then he would be free to take Happy away from them . After last night he could not afford to wait .

But now here Ananya is standing in front of him , looking at him  as he is confessing everything while His eyes are fixed on ground as if all weight of his guilt is suddenly on his eyelids making him impossible to lift it.

Despite his full effort, Everything is over now .He is again going to lose his brother and may be his mother too.

A loud bumping  sound near the whole force him to lift his eyes and look at the intruder.Ananya's gaze is also fixed on the intruder with shock clearly visible on his face.

So how was the chapter?

Who is the intruder?