Chapter 105

Once again she changes her side in futile attempt to sleep but once again she failed. How can she ? When her brain has became mess from the unexpected turn of events. How can she ? When her heart is clenching from the guilt .

How irrationally ,how stupidly, had she behaved with him. He was already struggling with so many things . Instead of helping him ,she added one more thing in the list . She needs to talk with him .

She looks at the clock which shows 1:00 A.M . It is already too late . He must be sleeping. She again changes her side .

Can he sleep after all those happening?

She sits up dejectedly. She can't sleep without talking to him .But what if he was sleeping? Then she will come back into her room after making sure that he is having a peaceful sleep.

Inspired from her sudden thoughts,she comes down from the bed and walks toward his room .

But her determination flared away when she stops in front of his room . Her guilt overpowered her desire to see him. Hesitatingly,she opens the door slightly and peaked inside . His bed is empty and neat as if he didn't even tried to lie on it .She looks around and found him standing near the window, his favourite spot to ponder .

"Abhi bhi mere Dev hone per doubt hai kya?" She was debating whether to enter when he spoke, without turning his face towards her and increasing her guilt .

He turns his head slightly to look at her . She enters in the room, closing the door behind him. He can't see her face in the darkness but still he can feel her hesitation and may be know the reason too. He walks toward her.

"So....." She opens her mouth to speak but he heckle in the middle.

"Sorry mat kehna ".He warned with slight humour mixed in his tone. Their conversation from Last few days has been serious enough.

"Soch lo ye historic day tumhare life me baar baar nhi aayega" She speaks with slight hint of humour.

"Soch liya" He replied sitting on the bed and looks at her .She takes that look as invitation and sits beside her .

"Tumne mana kiya hai isliye mai nhi manungi" She speaks with her trademark stubbornness and he looks at her.

"Sorry Mujhe samajhna chahiye tha" She speaks sincerely .He open his mouth to cut her but she stops him."Please bolne do."

"Tum already itna kuch handle kar rahe the. I don't know khud ki personality ke bare me pata na hona....iss too..... terrible " She trailed off ." And I was suppose to understand.

"Anu tumhe pta nhi tha" He tried to assure her.

"Mujhe pehle bhi sab kuch pta nhi hota tha." She retorted. "But mai phir bhi samjh jati thi humesha. Reason shayad nhi samjh pati but tumhari feelings ko humesha samjhti thi" She looks down at the floor with guilt.

"Sabdo ke shor chakkar me , tumhari khamoshi ki aawaz ko unsuna kar diya" She speaks without looking up. "Tum khud me uljhe rahe aur mai uljan ko badhati gayi. Mujhe samajhna chahiye tha .I was supposed to help you "

"Aur kisne ye suppose kiya hai." Dev asked turning toward her ." Kisne tumhare liye ye standard set kiye hai"
She looks up at his question. He holds his both hand put it in his lap.

"Tumhe pta hai humari shaadi ke baad kuch hai jo bahut khatakta hai." Said Dev looking down at her hand.He caresses her hand slowly making irregular patterns on it's back from her thumb.

"Pta hi nhi chalta tha ki Kya?". He said completely aware from her gaze."Per aaise lagta hai ki kuch bahut kimati tha humare bich jo kho gya." He looks up at her."Aur kahi na kahi in sab ke liye Mai humare rishte ko responsible manta tha"