Rain and Thunderstorm

Start from the beginning

Bondita rushed and closed all the windows.

Anirudh thinks: Thank you Durga ma, you saved me from giving fake promise. I can't give her fake hope. I don't even know whether she will be with me or not on that time.

He looks worryingly on Bondita.

Power cut!!

Bondita: Aiyayo, pati babu where are you? I can't see anything. Pati babu...

Anirudh: Ah bondita, i am here only. Don't be scared.

He took torch light from his bag and switched on it.

Bondita rushed near him and sat down in fear.

Anirudh: Are you afraid of darkness?

Bondita: Yes, but not now. Because you cleared the darkness with this bright light.

Anirudh smiled. It started raining.

Bondita: Haiyya, rain!

She was about to rush out but Anirudh stopped her.

Anirudh: Where are you going?

Bondita: Come lets drench in rain, pati babu. It will be fun. We used to play in rain in Madras.

Anirudh: No, Bondita. This is pehli barish, you will get sick then.

Bondita: Oh come on, pati babu. Animals are staying out only during rainy days, do they know about pehli barish? Nahi na, they will enjoy it. Come let us also go out and enjoy it.

Anirudh: Why you are comparing us with animals? We are humans, bondita.

Bondita: But we are in same earth only na? Same god created us na?

Anirudh: Oh god, your questions! How you are thinking these things in your tiny brain?

Bondita: Why you are not thinking these things in your big brain?

Anirudh: Ah?

Bondita: Leave me pati babu, i want to play in rain.

Anirudh: No, Bondita! Sit here silently.

Bondita: I am bored, pati babu. I want to play.

Anirudh: Play indoor then, until rain stops you should not go out, this is Roy Chaudhary's order!

Bondita blows her cheek and sat beside him silently.

He starts to revise books in torch light itself.

Soon, it became night. Current is off still. 

Servant came there and gave them food. He also gave them lantern lamp.

Anirudh thanked him, he left the place.

Anirudh: Bondita, come lets eat.

He stretched the banana leaf.

Anirudh: Bondita...

He turned back, she is sleeping peacefully upon their luggages.

Anirudh smiled and went near her with his torch.

Anirudh: Bondita, wake up. Bondita...

Bondita murmured: 5 mins, pati babu.

Anirudh: After 5 mins, food will be cold. Already it's raining outside. Wake up now.

Bondita: Who will eat food at this early 4 am?

She murmured in deep sleep.

Anirudh: 4 am? Uh oh, it's night still.

Bondita opened her eyes only to see Anirudh's big face in that torch light.

Bondita: Aaahh, Rakshas!

Anirudh jerked and stepped back.

Bondita: Oh god, is that you? Why pati babu you are scaring me with that torch?

Anirudh: Bondita!! Am I looking like Rakshas?

Bondita nods yes but says no. Anirudh lifts his one eye brow and glares at her.

Bondita: Seri, seri, lets eat. I am hungry. And please, keep that torch somewhere else.

She said and opened the box and put the food in banana leaf. Anirudh sat beside her.

They started to eat.

~In Tulsipur~

Trilochan is closing his stall. Two people are walking by, they are speaking about the rain and thunderstorm in culcutta.

Trilochan turned suddenly towards them.

Trilochan: Kopal ji, what you was saying?

Kopal: Didn't you heard to radio news, Trilochan ji? Heavy rains and thunderstorm gonna hit culcutta coast it seem. But don't worry, it won't affect Tulsipur.

Trilochan thinks: Hey Durga ma, what is this? Heavy rain and storm? Anirudh, Bondita?! They are alone there, Durga ma please take care of them. Please!

He worryingly rushed to his house.

~In Kolkata~

Rain gradually increases.

Anirudh and Bondita are finsihed eating.

Anirudh thinks: What is this, rain is increasing gradually! Tomorrow morning is my entrance test, how will I go there if this continues like this?

Bondita: I think Varuna bhagvan is very happy today. That's why he is giving us lot of rain.

Anirudh: Bondita, pray to him that it should stop before morning.

Bondita: Why? Don't you like this weather?

Anirudh: It's not about weather but...

Bondita: Uh oh, yeah! I forgot about maha Puja tomorrow. We must attend it na, okay, I will ask Varuna baghvan to stop the rain.

She prays to God, Anirudh looks upset.

What will happen next?

Just stay tuned to know about it!❤️