Dawn meets Dusk

Anirudh and Batuk are in Madras. They are now walking towards Das Haveli.

~In Das Haveli~

Bondita is looking and checking her crackers eagerly.

Bhaumik enters the room.

Bhaumik: Chellam(dear), are you happy on seeing the crackers?

Bondita: Won't I? Appa, I am really waiting for diwali eagerly. But the sun and moon are opposing my wish. They aren't working fast. Look how slow the days are moving.

She makes her face blown.

Bhaumik smiled at her innocence.

Bondita: Yen(why) you are smiling now? Are you supporting that sun and moon?

Bhaumik: Illa, dear. Sun and Moon never oppose the angel.

Bondita: Angel?

Bhaumik: Ama, you are the angel.

She gave a wide smile.

Bhaumik: You are very happy because I bought you these crackers in return what will you give for me?

Bondita: What to do you want, appa? You have everything. Wait, are you going to ask me roshogulle? Illa, i won't give you. Ask me some other thing.

Bhaumik: Aiyo, wait! You are not allowing me to speak.

Bondita keeps quite.

Bhaumik: Your appa will be happy only when you accept my words and obey me.

Bondita: I am always doing that only.

Bhaumik: Yeah, today also you do the same.

Bondita: Seri!

Bhaumik: My lil angel is growing up soon. There are many evils around who are waiting to hunt the angels. So the angel need a guardian to take care of her.

Bondita: I have you and Amma.

Bhaumik: Wait, listen to me first.

Bondita: Seri!

Bhaumik: Till how many days your Amma and appa can take care of you? You must need a permanent companion right?

Bondita: Yeah, the one who can play with everytime and the one who can answer all my questions patiently.

Bhaumik: Yeah, that's why your Amma and Appa has decided to get you married.

Bondita's smile reduced.

Bhaumik: Please accept this Chellam. You will happy after marriage. Your husband will be with you always, he will play with you, talk with you and even take you to new new places.

Bondita: Illa. Why should I get married in this small age? You and Amma always say I am still a young child then why you wanted me to get married? Don't you like me now a days? That's why you are trying to send me away right?

She starts to cry.

Bhaumik: Wait, wait. Don't cry. Bondita, all your friends are getting married. Then why you are opposing it?

Bondita: Illa, I won't.

She blows her face runs away from there.

Bhaumik thinks: I must make her understand about this. In this society girls above 11 must be married or else it will be very difficult to find them a groom. Then everyone will blame Bondita in a bad way.

Bondita tries to go out of the house but hits upon Batuk and stood in the gateway itself.

Bondita: Aaah!!