When They Knew.....

It was a couple of days before the wedding and to be honest everything was pretty much done. My parents were excited but couldn't come until two days before the wedding because they had things to do with my cousins. I decided to spend the day with Gail and Marieka since Blake was with his brother and dad and some of his friends.

Gail: Oh the daughter in law title is coming Sarah and I cannot wait.
Me: I know Gail I can't either!
Gail: To be honest it was a blessing to get Marieka for Taylor but Marieka knows you are the sister in law she wanted.
Marieka: Oh yeah. I definitely wanted Sarah since she started talking to Blake. I was crazy because I can see the sparks between you two and to be honest I still feel that with Taylor even if the kids are around.
Me: Speaking of Junior and Kings where are they?
Gail: They are with Blake and the guys as well as the girls.
Me: Oh see I thought we were keeping them today.
Marieka: Nope Taylor wanted them and I said he could take them.
Me: Oh okay.
Marieka: Sarah when was the one moment where you knew Blake was long term for you?
Me: There was this one time we were sitting watching Just Wright and I just had a panic attack and had to go see my therapist that morning and the fact that he was so on top of trying to get me better was what was heartwarming. He really cared and I swear that made me just fall more for him. Like we got into bed and he just pulled me closer and I felt the heat come off his body and I just melted. It was the most perfect moment of my life. Then I remember I just wanted to stay like that forever.
Gail: That's the sweetest thing in the world.
Marieka: It really is. Blake told me the moment he knew you were the one was when you started giving Kings manicures every single time she came over.
Me: Haha I love her like my own.
Gail: That's why he loves you Sarah. You were so kind with his precious Princess and that he knew you would give her the world when he wasn't around. Just the bond you have with Kings and Jr. is nice to see Sarah.
Marieka: I mean the bond you have with any kids is amazing.
Me: Yeah I just try and find out who they are.
Marieka: That's why Blake loves you.
Me: I think God was more aware of what I wanted and to be honest it is really a blessing to think about. I never thought I would end up with Blake but when I found out how serious he wanted to be with me I was over the moon because that's how I felt when I saw him on TV.
Gail: When did you see him on TV?
Me: I hit a very bad rough patch with Aaron and Giancarlo and Jess told me to come over and watch the Clippers game with them one night. Of course I wanted to not be alone and cry all the time so I went over and as soon as the game started I saw Blake on the court and I looked at him for way too long and of course Giancarlo looked at me and told me he knew him. I hid behind the pillow because I was nervous that he caught me staring at him on the screen. I forgot him and Aaron knew a lot of people including Blake in the NBA. That's probably when he texted Joey about it.
Marieka: So you didn't know who he was??
Me: Nope. Had no clue until that night.
Marieka: No wonder why he loves you. You love him for who he is and you don't care about anything else.
Gail: Sarah the moment I knew he was going to marry you was when you ran and he chased after you after you found out about the trade rumors.
Marieka: Thats when I knew also. He walked in the house after you kissed him Sarah and he told Taylor "bro she's the one. I don't know what it is but she is."
Me: He said that?
Marieka: Yep. I knew it also because the smile on his face was like a kid on Christmas Day with all the presents. You took his heart and loved it Sarah. He respected your co-parenting with Aaron and that you didn't love Aaron anymore.
Me: Yeah he told me that. Those moments when he stood up for me also was the best thing in the world because I knew he was the one man who would move mountains for me. Even Patty and Wayne thought it also. They saw the way at the engagement party Blake looked at me and it was nice to see again. I like when other people recognize that I'm happy.
Gail: Gerrit and Amy are amazing people to put you two together. They knew right away.
Me: I don't even remember telling them that's the thing.
Marieka: Trust me Sarah I knew what you liked and what you didn't like. Many of the guys on Blake's team tried to get to know you and go out with you and you still had eyes for him. That's the best feeling.

As we continued to chat it was like the time went by so fast and then Blake walked through the door later in the day and the look he gave me was the most amazing look in the world. It was the "I missed you" look and I just walked up and hugged him.

His mom caught the photo and it was nice.

Blake: Mom I knew you caught that

Gail: I did. 🥰