Feeling Empty Part 2

It was the day of the scrimmage game with the Celtics and I was sitting on the side with Monica.

Monica: Girlie are you ok?
Me: Oh yeah I'm fine.
Monica: No you aren't you look different.
Me: Fine Ben kissed me this morning. Not like the best friend kiss on the cheek or the sister kiss on the cheek I mean a real one.
Monica: Well tell me. How was it?
Me: It was good. I mean yeah good.
Monica: good? Girl come on. That's all.
Me: Yeah.
Monica: Psh okay. Good. That's a word you say to a dog when he eats his breakfast the right way not when a man who is just a good human being kisses you and you say "yeah you know it was good."

I looked away when Ben walked over with Kai.

Me: Hi dudes.
Kai: Sarah what's wrong with you?
Me: What you mean?
Kai: You look different than you did yesterday.
Me: Oh nothing.
Ben: Fine I will tell him.
Kai: Tell me what?
Ben: I kissed her.
Kai: About damn time.
Ben: What you mean?
Kai: Man the sexual tension between you two.
Ben: I don't even see it.
Monica: Sarah we were sitting over here for an hour and you kept glancing over at him shooting. Just admit you like him.
Me: Okay I do but it won't work. He's got his career in front of him. Brooklyn is already after him as well as the rest of the country for being out so long due to injuries. I'm not going to be the distraction.
Ben: You are not the distraction Sarah. To be honest you are the motivation I needed. I always play better when you are around. Everyone sees that.
Me: Really?
Kai: He's not wrong Sarah.
Me: Yeah I know. I just don't know. I need time to think about it.
Ben: That's fine Sarah. Just know I won't stop looking at you to get your attention.

He gave me that smirk and walked away with Kai laughing his ass off.

Monica: Girl take that man and make him yours.
Me: Trust me we would not be good together.
Monica: Yeah you would. Give yourself a day to think.
Me: Okay.

The Celtics team kept looking over at me but I was ignoring them all. Even the coaches kept looking and I was ignoring them.

Monica: I see what they are doing but it is good you are not paying them any mind.
Me: Yeah I know. They just want attention but I'm not gonna bother.

After two hours the practice game ended and I walked over and sat next to Ben on the chair since Monica went over to talk to Kev.

Kai: Yo man kiss her.
Ben: Why?
Kai: The assholes over there keep staring at her like they want to talk to her so kiss her to tell them what's up. Come on man.
Ben: Fine. Sarah come here.

I was talking to Nic and Royce and I walked over and of course he stood up literally sweating and pulled me into him and kissed me.

The kiss lasted a really long long time and to be honest when he pulled away I literally felt warm.

Monica's face said it all. She just had this large smile on her face. I was red like a tomato and the whole team was around.

Nic: God damn. That kiss lasted long enough.

He leaned in to kiss me again but it wasn't long but it lingered on my lips and it was nice.

Me: Okay you can stop kissing me this is embarrassing.
Ben: Sorry honey.

The whole room went quiet and I just walked into my office embarrassed as ever.

Steven followed me with a smile on his face.

Me: Hey Steven. I'm sorry about that.
Steven: No Sarah that was nice to see.
Me: It was embarrassing. A lot of people out there.
Steven: I know but it was sweet. I'm glad he did that.
Me: I'm still not with him. He needs to give me space after that.
Steven: Trust me I believe he knows that.
Me: Good. Now let me get back to work before I have to go out later.
Steven: Out with who?
Me: Myself. I need time alone with Jeter. We usually walk around Central Park after work.
Steven: How about you let him join you?
Me: Nope. Time alone to think.
Steven: Ok.

Steven walked out of my office.

I was typing the article about Kevin up that I wrote last night to submit to Eddie later today before I leave and Ben walked in.

Ben: Hi.
Me: Hi.
Ben: Sorry for embarrassing you.
Me: No that's ok. I mean it had to happen right.
Ben: Yeah. I mean I think we made the whole Celtics team lose their shit.
Me: That's what I wanted.
Ben: Yep. I mean would you want to go out later on?
Me: I actually want to go out alone for a walk later with Jeter but we can walk after work tomorrow.
Ben: Yeah sounds good.
Me: Okay.

He walked out of my office and I got back to typing.

My Instagram page was blowing up with comments from a photo and I actually liked the photo that was taken by the Nets admins for social media.

I would have liked to know how they got this picture so I was going to ask the guys later on

It was going to be something to process about what happened today although I was kinda happy that it did happen. I didn't want to be confusing towards myself and towards Ben but I wanted to see what was going to happen if we both decided to move forward.

Next chapter Sarah gets interviewed by ESPN for some topics that her job requires her to cover. Stay tuned.