NYC ✈️

Since Wayne dropped Aaron and I off at the airport we were now on the plane and ready to take off in a couple of minutes.

I saw a couple next to us that looked similar to us back in the day and I couldn't help but smile because it brought back nostalgia.

Aaron snapped me out of my daze and gently grabbed my face and kissed me.

Me: What was that for?
Aaron: Just a thank you.
Me: For?
Aaron: Putting me back on the mend.
Me: Explain.
Aaron: The day I proposed to Chrissy I knew I was going to regret it later on because when I looked up at her I knew she wasn't you and she couldn't be. Though I said to myself "Aaron don't go further if you know where your heart belongs." It is just these instincts I have been getting that every single time I turn one way I feel you grab my hand and squeeze it like you are doing now. You always do that reassurance squeeze just like you did when I played. I remember that one game against the Red Sox's I was so nervous that I couldn't help the team just bring in a run because I was slumping so bad but you grabbed my fingers through the fence and told me "God tells me you got this and I know how strong you are." I never got that with anyone else. So thank you.

I just looked at him with tears in my eyes and kissed him back. It was like he remembered the smallest things that not many people do remember.

Me: You're welcome. ❤️
Aaron: Do you still have those lingering thoughts that I'm going to leave you again?
Me: Not like I used to. why?
Aaron: I don't have them either. It seems like every single time I think of holding hands I feel like things will be okay.

I looked down at his hands when the plane took off and I grabbed onto them and never let go.

Me: Your mom was right. I missed you a lot.
Aaron: Yeah she was.
Me: I just wish I knew sooner.
Aaron: That's okay. It happens.
Me: Okay.

We both fell asleep and I knew things were going to run somewhat smoothly from now on.

We landed in NY a couple of hours later and we called everyone and they told us to have a good time and not to worry about anything.

Aaron and I got an air bnb in Manhattan near Central Park and to be honest it was just nice to be there on vacation and not to live here for once.

As we dropped our things off and walked out the door to walk around I saw a Yankee store and we just laughed and I saw one of his old bobble heads and we laughed again.

Aaron: I forgot how ugly I look on a bobble head.
Me: Hey you look cute on it. It has that cute little tooth gap you used to have when you were a rookie.
Aaron: Oh man. Haha. 🤣
The cashier was laughing at us and he knew who we were.

I looked at the cashier who was the store owner and he just smiled at me and said "I remember you Mrs. Judge."

Aaron just smiled at him and we gave him some of the old Yankee stuff that we bought.

When the man gave us our bags after we paid he said "You know back in the day you two were my favorite couple because I used to go to games and see you with the kids on the field before and after the games and you guys were the spark the team needed." Thank you.

We smiled at him and thanked him for his kind words and walked out.

Aaron: Wow that was the best compliment we had ever gotten.
Me: I would say so. He was mostly talking about you.
Aaron: He said you also. If there was no you in this world there would have been no me living in it. My mom told you I was searching but couldn't find and then you were standing behind home plate with that sign for me and for the team and I was over the moon. I said to myself "Wow this woman really could be a constant for me." Coach Boone saw the look on my face and he knew you made an impact on me.
Me: I'm glad I could help.
Aaron: You changed me Sarah for the better. You gave me the kids I always wanted. You gave me the world I wanted. I ruined it many times it was never you it was me until I told my mom after I broke it off with Chrissy that I needed you back for good. When I hold your hand and feel you again nothing else matters. Nothing should matter.
Me: I feel the same way.

We went to take a walk through the park before we would grab dinner and we saw two people that we hadn't seen in forever. Walking towards our direction was Gleyber and Elizabeth Torres.

Gleyber: Hey Judgey!
Aaron: Hey dude! How's everything?!?
Gleyber: Good. We are moving in a couple of months to Florida since most of my family is down there in Miami but I just wanted to take in more memories here for awhile. Ethan is with my parents down in Miami for now since it is too noisy for him.
Aaron: I'm glad I saw pictures on Instagram he's so big now.
Gleyber: Yep he is.
Lizzie: We missed you both so much. We just had a feeling you two would get back together though.
Me: How did you know?
Lizzie: The world knew Sarah. It was so hard to keep you two apart but now there is nothing stopping you two.
Gleyber: I talk to Gio sometimes and he's in LA with Chrissy and the family now he always used to tell me give them time man things will get brighter. We all knew. You guys were that couple back in the day that was unbreakable no matter what man.

As we said good bye to them and headed around the park once more I was taking in everything and just enjoying what was next to me and in front of me. I didn't think I would be back here with Aaron again taking walks like we used to here back in the day and it really helped. It was a bright light for us to remember the past even if the past was a roller coaster.

In the next chapter a reunion happens stay tuned. ♥️