Sapphire's Advice. Family Gatherings. Future plans.

Giancarlo and Jess stayed with the rest of the family and I while Aaron went out with Sapphire. He said he wanted to spend some time with his oldest daughter.

Sapphire was in the car with her father and they were going for lunch an hour away from the house.

As they were listening to music Sapphire thought it was a good idea to ask her dad how he felt about her mother.

Sapphire: Dad?
Aaron: Yes baby girl?
Sapphire: Have you and mom kissed yet?
Aaron: Twice yes. Why do you ask?
Sapphire: Only twice?
Aaron: Yeah your mom wants us to go slow.
Sapphire: Dad she tried to kiss you the other day but you walked away too fast.
Aaron: How did you notice that?
Sapphire: I notice the smaller moments dad. Kyle and I are married remember. We think about having kids to bring home to you and mom but not when you and mom treat each other like some strangers. Please for our sake I want you to be in her embrace more. I know she wants you.
Aaron: What makes you think so?
Sapphire: Dad, I heard her talking to Auntie Jess on the phone the other day and she said that you are so distant from her and that you don't kiss her like you used to anymore or that when she tries to take a shower she feels alone because she wants you behind her.
Aaron: She said all that?
Sapphire: Yeah, she did. Dad mom loves you no matter what now. This is the last time she's ever going to want you because she can pack up and leave when she wants. I don't want you two breaking up again. It was too painful to see you both struggling to find good people.
Aaron: honey it really depends on what your mother wants because I know what I want.
Sapphire: Then what do you want?
Aaron: I want your mom to go backwards and remember why she loved me in the first place.
Sapphire: I think you two need to go back to NYC for a week and just feel together again. Like grab a hotel in Manhattan or like an Airbnb. Just spend some time together. We can take care of Rosie and Jeets with Christian.
Aaron: Are you sure?
Sapphire: Yes I'm sure. We have two sets of grandparents here for the next month grandma and grandpa from Jersey are staying with grandma Patty and Grandpa Wayne.
Aaron: Next month I already booked two weeks in Italy with your mom.
Sapphire: Dad I'm happy for you. You both need that.
Aaron: Yeah we do. I also want to give your mother this promise ring. Do you think I should give it to her?

 Do you think I should give it to her?

Sapphire: Dad that's beautiful. Of course she's going to love it. It is simple and elegant.
Aaron: Just like your mom.
Sapphire: Yep.

Sapphire and her father ended up going to this diner to eat and they kept talking some more before they headed back home.

When they got home Aaron kissed his daughter on top of her head and they walked back in the house.

Everyone was outside in the backyard just sitting around talking.

Patty: How did it go Sapphire?
Sapphire: I got dad to open up.
Patty: Proud of you honey. Thank you.
Sapphire: You're welcome.

Sapphire walked to her mom and they sat on the lawn rocker together.

Me: How was your father?
Sapphire: He's ok mom. He loves you.
Me: He does?
Sapphire: Yeah mom he does.
Me: What did he say?
Sapphire: You have to ask him but I know he loves you.
Me: Should I love your father again?
Sapphire: I don't know do you think you should?
Me: Yeah. I love how happy you and Conner are with Kyle and Rebecca.
Sapphire: Mom we learned from the best even if you and dad had many bumps in the road we will always love you.

Sarah pulled her daughter in for a hug and a kiss on the head and Aaron walked over and sat next to Sarah after their daughter moved to the chair next to her father.

Aaron got up and walked with Sarah to the little league field he played on when he was a kid and sat on the right field grass with her.

Me: Do you love me?
Aaron: Yeah I do.
Me: Do you want to sleep in the same bed again tonight?
Aaron: Are you going to divide us with pillows again?
Me: Nope.
Aaron: Then yes I would.
Me: Jess and G when you were gone knocked some sense into me about loving you again.
Aaron: What are you going to do about it?
Me: Stand up.
Aaron: Okay.
Me: Can I kiss you?
Aaron: Yeah.

Sarah leaned up to kiss him and it was like she didn't remember where she was and she knew no one was around because the smooth sensation of his lips helped her keep the kiss going. They ended up falling back into the grass and really the kiss just kept going.

Me: I love you

Me: I love you.
Aaron: I love you more.
Me: What is that in your pocket?
Aaron: Hold out your right hand.

As Sarah did that he slipped the ring on her ring finger. (It was the ring photo above in the chapter)

Me: Aaron this is beautiful.
Aaron: I thought you would like it.
Me: I really love it.
Aaron: I thought about giving it to you in Italy but I said nope let me do it now. I couldn't wait.
Me: Oh okay. Two weeks next month right?
Aaron: Yep. A week in Roma and another week in Positano.
Me: Thank you. ❤️
Aaron: No thank you for giving me another chance. I want to be the last and better man for you Sarah. Now is the time for me to do that.
Me: It is.

They got up and walked back home.

Wayne walked up to Sarah and smiled at her.

Wayne: I helped him pick out that promise ring. I'm glad he gave it to you.
Me: Yeah I'm glad he did also.
Wayne: Did you miss him?
Me: Everyday.
Wayne: Distance makes the heart grow fonder. It is true when the love is real Sarah.
Me: Yeah I told myself that yesterday.

In the next chapter Sarah and Jess talk about the moments they missed and what happened that kept them apart.

Stay tuned. 💙