Lunch with Patty and Momma

Patty and my mom picked me up the next day around noon and we went to the diner a couple of blocks away from mine and Aaron's. Aaron decided he needed time with Rosie and the doggos so I told him I would pick him and Rosie up something on my way back.

I was quiet in the back and of course the mothers always know something is going on when one of their children is quiet and not saying anything.

We parked right in front of the diner and got a table for three.

When we sat down before the waiter came over Patty automatically said something before my mother did.

Patty: My son wants to marry you again for the final time Sarah.
Me: Yeah I know we talked about it.
Patty: How did the conversation come about?
Me: We were on the couch when the dogs and Rosie were taking a nap. He told me how he wants to be more open with me and I told him we should start journaling to each other and he agreed.
Nahla: I think that's a wonderful idea honey.
Patty: I agree with your mom. I feel like you two reading what each other has to say is a good thing.
Nahla: It gets you both to be more open towards each other. I think Sarah the problem was before with you and Aaron is the communication was cut off or limited when he shouldn't have. That's why everyone got involved like Samantha and Chrissy as well as Sabrina. You two could have done the one and done marriage but I understand things happen for a reason but maybe all the reasons are coming to a close. I don't see anyone popping up anymore and I don't see Aaron focused on anything else.
Patty: I agree again with your mom Sarah. My son sends me a text every single night. He really loves you and wants this to work out. Even Wayne knows this. He told me how happy he is for both of you and I know the kids and everyone else around you both see it also.
Me: We do. Sapphire and Kyle FaceTimed us the other night and I was on Aaron's chest and they both just smiled. Sapphire had to wake me up a couple of times because I swear Aaron is a damn stuffed animal. I hit his chest and I'm out like a light.
Nahla: Yeah I know. He picked up your phone the other night and I know you heard us talking because he told me you were sleeping on him. He even said you don't use your pillows you just use his chest.
Me: I do use my pillows when he isn't in the bed with me but I feel more comfortable when I'm on his chest because my anxiety drops. I had my Apple Watch on the other day when we were napping and it tests how I sleep and take naps and such. He said that he checked my watch when I woke up and I slept better on his chest than on the pillow.
Patty: Sarah I don't think it has anything to do with the chest and the pillow. I think it has to do with your heart beat because when you are around him your heart calms down and you feel more comfortable in his arms which I'm so happy with. I know he feels the same with you.
Me: Yeah I do some sessions with Dr. Perkins with him on zoom and she says we are both doing better even if I'm still on my Xanax.
Patty: Sarah I'm just happy you two are comfortable again and everyone like I said sees it.
Me: His presence in the room is a blessing. Like we could be in different rooms and I'm like on the edge but when we are in the same room I have to be near him. I'm not trying to be clingy or grabbing him all the time but he pulls me in for a hug and I'm just not wanting to let go.
Patty: That's what love is.
Nahla: I think I have a few photos of you two from that day at the beach back in Jersey I have to find them. You two were so happy that I'm so glad you are slowly getting back to that.
Me: Yeah I'm glad we are also.
Patty: Aren't you two going to Italy in a couple of weeks?
Me: Nope we cancelled that trip.
Patty: What! Why?!?
Me: We want to take a family trip to Lake Tahoe.
Patty: I think that's a good idea. I know Rosie missed you guys as well as Jeter it feels like you two have three kids again.
Me: Yeah that's why he doesn't want to keep leaving Rosie. Which I understand because Sam didn't tell him or even let him in on when she was giving birth to her.
Patty: Sarah let him tell you his biggest regret in life. I'm sure he told you losing you was his biggest regret and that is true but there is one before you that he needs to tell you himself.
Me: Okay.
Patty: Also he told me the other day about the Tahoe trip and I think all of us should go up and be together.
Nahla: That sounds like a good idea. Maybe we can go for two weeks.
Me: Yeah we were thinking that.

When Patty and my mom dropped me off they said they would talk to me later I saw Aaron in the backyard with Rosie and the pups.

Aaron: Hey beautiful.
Me: Hey babe. How were they?
Aaron: Good as can be.
Rosie: Hi momma.
I was shocked when Rosie called me momma because she usually calls me Sarah.
Aaron: Ro bear what made you call Sarah momma?
Rosie: I don't know if I have a real momma so Sarah has always felt like a momma to me.
Aaron: I'm glad you feel comfortable around her.
Rosie: I do. She loves me.
Aaron: She definitely does.
I teared up a little bit but for all the right reasons. I know Aaron wants nothing to do with Sam and I know he doesn't want Rosie near her but if that time comes when Rosie is older and starts to understand more about me not being her biological mother that's gonna spark something. I was going to have a talk with Aaron maybe another day about this. Maybe the Tahoe trip in a couple of weeks we have been planning we can talk.
Aaron: Something on your mind honey?
Me: When we go up to Tahoe I want to talk to you.
Aaron: Okay sounds good. You can just write it in the journal also.
Me: I could do that. Maybe I will.
Aaron: Sounds good. I wrote something in mine that we can read together later.
Me: Okay.

As the rest of the day went on and Rosie kept calling me momma I think I got used to it by now. This was going to be the start of something great.

In the next chapter the kids coming over with Giancarlo and Jess. Let's see what happens next.
Stay tuned. 💙