Meeting Up with Old Friends

Before the family went to Lake Tahoe Aaron and I wanted to invite over two friends we hadn't seen in a long time to catch up.

Aaron: Babe.
Me: Yep.
Aaron: I invited Tim and Demi over.
Me: Really?!?
Aaron: Yep! I know how much you love them.
Me: I do. Tim's career was rocky so I felt bad for him but I met him through Joey.
Aaron: Yeah I met him through Joey also. They should be coming in an hour.
Me: Okay sounds good. Does Tim still work for the SEC?
Aaron: He does. Demi travels for work also so this was the only time we could meet up with them at the same time.
Me: Oh I totally understand that.
Aaron: I looked more into his Gator career when I was in the majors and he actually tried to contact me at the time but I was so busy dealing with shit I felt bad for not calling him back. Then yesterday when you were out with Rosie and the dogs I called him. He said he could come over with Demi today and I was so happy.

As soon as the house was spotless and Rosie was on the couch with the dogs the door bell rang and I ran to the door and hugged Tim and Demi and they hugged back.

Me: I love you guys so much! How are you?!?
Demi: We are good Sarah. Aaron called Tim yesterday and said we could come over for dinner so we didn't want to pass up that opportunity. Trying to get in contact with you both for years has been crazy.
Aaron: We felt so bad for not getting back to you that we knew this was the perfect time to do it.
Me: Oh good I'm glad! Are you guys in town or were you just passing through?
Demi: We came to visit my cousins up here they actually have a house in Tahoe which we just came back from.
Me: Oh we are going to Tahoe in a couple of weeks. Do you guys want to come along? We have enough room in the house. We are going with the entire family but there is a house adjacent to us that is considered the guest house you guys can stay there. It looks over the lake and everything. It is Aaron's family's.
Tim: If you guys don't mind.
Aaron: No no of course not. We can introduce you to the family and my parents would love to meet you.
Me: Same with mine. We were supposed to go to Italy but we cancelled that for another time and I said I wanted to spend more time with the family since we are always doing stuff with the foundation and moving around.
Tim: Yeah I do stuff for mine with Demi also and we always have events in Cali and we had a ministry one a couple of weeks ago. It was a good crowd. We would love for you guys to come to one.
Me: Yeah we would love to.
Demi: Good I'm glad. I think it would be good for you both since I know you have been on a bumpy road.
Me: Yeah we have it could be good to reconnect differently.
Tim: Trust me I kept track of the Yankees for a long time since I was in NY for a couple of events and I took the foundation to a couple of games. I used to love watching the both of you on the field and I knew things were going to go well for you both. You have this strong bond that not many couples have. I do couples counseling sometimes through the ministry and if you guys need any advice I can pass it along.
Aaron: Thanks man. I will definitely let you know.
Tim: Good I'm glad.

Demi went to play with the dogs and Rosie while I was with them Tim was helping Aaron in the kitchen with dinner.

Tim: Have you thought to renew your vows with Sarah?
Aaron: Yeah I have thought about it I just need to find the right time. I will let you know though. Do you think you can help with that?
Tim: Yeah I can help. I have done a couple of couples in the past even a cousin of mine. Let me know if you need me to help you with the vows and I can help Sarah also. Demi and I are very connected with God and we can definitely help.
Aaron: Thank you. I mean our first wedding was on the beach but I think I want something more meaningful this time around. I was wondering if we could do it by where you guys are?
Tim: Yeah sure. Just let us know when. We have a beautiful church we go to and we can help as best as we can. I think I'm going to sit down with you two and talk everything out when Demi is traveling for my foundation because she does her own thing and if Sarah needs her she can be included. I know Rosie and the dogs are happy to have you two together again. It helps lift the pain and bring the positive aspect back.
Aaron: That's exactly what I want. I don't want to cause Sarah anymore pain that's why giving her that promise ring was what I wanted.
Tim: I'm glad you are working things out with her.
Aaron: Yeah me also.

Dinner was ready and the dogs went down for their nap since they ate before and Rosie was at the table with us and Demi was coloring with her and I while we were eating. Demi loved Rosie and she wanted her to feel the need to connect with the adults since she didn't have many people around on her level of age.

Demi: Sarah Tim and I have a Bible school for children here in California a couple of times a month if Rosie feels comfortable you should bring her and the kids.
Me: Yeah sure we can talk to them and see what they say.
Demi: Good let me know.
Me: I will. :)

The rest of the day was nice and it was nice to connect with such good people again. We shall see what would happen on this Tahoe trip in the coming chapters.

Stay tuned! 💙

Just a note! I decided to move Giancarlo and Jess to the next chapter because it would be more fitting. Just wanted to keep you readers posted. ☺️