Forgetting What Was Left Behind. Or is it?

The Dallas Mavericks were in town and I was doing everything in my power to avoid the team because I didn't want to speak to anyone and Ayesha noticed. She ended up sitting next to me the whole time to keep me company and to be honest she knew it was hard for me. The fact that Kyrie didn't even call me to tell me he left hurt like hell.

I walked onto the court and grabbed the ball from Klay and started shooting since I finished my articles and sent them to my bosses.

Klay: Sarah you okay?

Me: Oh yeah I'm fine.

Klay: You sure?

Me: Yep. Why?

Klay: You never come out and shoot around with us.

Me: I needed to clear my head and Dallas isn't out here. If they were I would be in my office.

Ayesha walked out on the court to shoot with me also but when Dallas came out we went back in the corner to talk.

Ben: Babe you okay?

Me: Yeah I'm fine. If you need me I'm in the corner.

Ben: Okay honey.

Ayesha: Girl do you think you can avoid him forever?

Me: Who Kai? Yeah I can.

Ayesha: Are you sure? He looks hurt that you aren't even talking to him.

Me: Well if he wants to come and talk to me he can walk his behind over here and do so.

Ayesha: I got you girl.

As the time went on before the game I was just watching everyone on the court until Steph came over and gave me and A a basketball to go shoot.

Steph: Sarah please go talk to Kai.

Me: Nope.

Steph: He asked about you earlier.

Me: He hurt me. He was one of my best friends that I put most of my trust in and him and Kevin broke it. They promised me the day Blake got sent to Boston that they would always be there for me. He was one of my favorite people. It hurts too much.

I gave the basketball to Ayesha and walked to my office to cool down.

A couple of minutes later I heard a knock on the door and I told the person to come in.

Ben: Babe you okay?

Me: Yeah I'm okay.

Ben: Are you sure?

Me: Babe I promise.

Ben: Okay. I'm done shooting for now but I am going to work with the conditioning coaches. If you need me call me.

Me: Thank you. I love you.

Ben: Love you too.

I walked over and gave him a kiss and he walked out.

Ayesha walked in when Ben walked out.

Ayesha: Girl Kai really wants to talk to you and his whole team knows it.

Me: Then he knows where to find me.

Ayesha: You want me to tell him to come in here?

Me: Yep.

She walked out and went to get him.

A couple minutes later yet again there was a knock and I told the person while I was typing something to come in.

Sarah.

Me: Hi.

Kai: Hey.

Me: Sit.