I Mean Should I Call Him?

Blake texted Marieka instead of me and I deserved it saying they were there in Boston with the kids and for me to call him when I wanted to.

I walked through the door with Kevin and Marieka gave him a hug while she cuddled with Jeter on the couch.

Then Tommy called me and I excused myself.

Tommy: Hey Sarah.
Me: Hey Tommy.
Tommy: Call me dad you know that.
Me: Hey dad.
Tommy: You ok?
Me: Ugh I cannot hold back tears anymore.
Tommy: It is ok to cry Sarah.
Me: I feel so stupid.
Tommy: Sarah it is okay to make tough decisions but at the end of the day you are still his wife and you are still my daughter in law.
Me: Yeah I know. Should I call him?
Tommy: I think you should just so he could hear your voice to know you are okay.
Me: Okay. Say hi to my mom in law for me. Also my parents say hello.
Tommy: Tell them we said hello.
Me: I will. Love you.
Tommy: Love you more. Let me know how it goes.
Me: I will. ❤️

I got off the phone and walked into the kitchen with Kevin and Marieka talking and making dinner.

Kev: Hey you ok?
Me: Yeah.
Kev: Sarah like I told you it is ok to cry. You miss him. He's your husband and I know he misses you also. When dinner is done go call him and take Jeter with you.
Me: Yeah ok.

After we ate I took Jeter in the bedroom and called Blake.

It didn't even get to the second ring and he picked up.

Blake: Hey.
Me: Hey.
Blake: Hi Jeets.
Jeter of course nuzzled his nose into the screen and a tear came down my face.
Blake: Hey hey look at me.

I looked up and silent tears came down my face.

Me: I miss you, so much. Im sorry about everything. I should have gone with you. I should have listened to you.
Blake: No honey I should have listened to you. I shouldn't have taken this job but this was the only thing available and the Nets didn't want me anymore.
Me: Im sorry Blake. I was selfish.
Blake: No Sarah you have a right to have your own opinion about this team and this city but you are still my wife and I love you and miss you. I will call you every single chance I can okay. I'm about to go have dinner with Taylor he says hello.
Me: Tell him I said hi. Please be careful. Keep me posted. I love you. Jeets give kisses.
He did and Blake blew me a kiss and I blew one back.
Blake: Sarah I love you.
Me: Love you too.

Before he hung up Taylor waved from the back with someone else who I didn't bother asking who it was so I hung up on quick.

Knowing the kids were okay and they were okay I was okay.

I walked out of my room with Jeter and sat at the island wiping my tears.

Marieka: Hey you ok?
Me: Yeah I'm better.
Kev: Wasn't it nice to hear his voice.
Me: Yeah. I miss his voice. I just miss his hugs and forehead kisses. I miss a lot and he hasn't been gone for a day.
Kev: It is okay to miss him.
Me: I just feel so empty you know.
Kev: Listen how about you go call Steph and Ayesha. Maybe they can help.
Me: Yeah. Maybe.

I went to call them.

Ayesha: Hey girl.
Me: Hey.
Ayesha: You ok?
Me: Yeah.
Steph: Hey Sarah.
Me: Hey.
Steph: You good?
Me: Yeah.
Ayesha: Your eyes are puffy.
Me: Yeah I just finished crying to Blake on FaceTime. I miss him. A lot.
Ayesha: Honey you know what that's called?
Me: What?
Ayesha: Real love.
Me: Really?
Ayesha: Yep. Like real love. The shit you feel girl. Not many people have that anymore.
Me: Yeah I know. I have a picture of us on my desk at work.
Ayesha: Girl at the end of the day he is your man regardless of what team he's on.
Steph: Ayesha is right Sarah. He's still yours regardless of where he is. No one can take that away from you.
Me: Yeah I know.
Ayesha: Is Kev there?
Me: He was for dinner but I have Jeter sleeping next to me and Marieka is on the couch watching TV.
Ayesha: Tell her we said hello.
Me: I will.

A couple of minutes later she walked in.

Marieka: Hey you guys!
Ayesha: hey girl.
Steph: Hey.
Marieka: Im just here taking care of my sister.
Me: I just miss him.
Marieka: It is okay to miss him Sarah. He does come here next month so you can make out with him all you want but listen he's still your husband.
Steph: That's what we told her. Regardless of the team he's still yours Sarah.
Me: Do you want to see the picture I have of us on my desk? He doesn't know what picture.
Ayesha: Well girl do tell.

Me: That one

Me: That one.
Ayesha: Oh my god. Yeah that's it I'm crying.
Steph: I never saw that picture. I don't think we took it.
Me: Milwaukee last season. Kev took it.
Steph: I love it.
Marieka: I didn't know Kev took that.
Me: Yeah he did.
Steph: Awe. I'm glad the guys are looking out for you.
Me: Yeah they are my rock besides you guys.
Ayesha: Glad we can be here Sarah. We love you. Talk soon ❤️
Me: Okay girl. Love you. ❤️

Marieka waved and we got off.

Marieka: You know Blake keeps a pic of you in his locker right?
Me: Which one?
Marieka: Taylor took a picture of it and sent it to me. He also keeps one in his wallet.

Marieka: That's the one in his locker

Me: Awe. 🥺
Marieka: This is the one in his wallet.

Me: He knew that was my favorite one

Marieka: Yeah he told me.
Me: How do I get through this?
Marieka: Look I made this locket for you to wear.
Me: that's the same picture from above.
Marieka: Yeah he wanted me to make it for you and I told him I would.
Me: Thank you. I'm going to wear it.
Marieka: You're welcome.

Taylor texted me and asked if I was okay and I said I was fine.

As I looked at those pictures I just knew I would be okay and that I could check on him every single day.

Next chapter Sarah gets to work. ❤️

"Keeping Promises" (Part 2)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara