Luck of The Irish - Clay's Style 😆✌🏻

Ben and I walked into the Clay's that morning and just sat down in my office and started eating breakfast. Kev and Kai joined us a couple of minutes later with Steven and Eddie.

Steven: I don't know how today is going to go but I'm nervous.
Me: I told you guys play this like any other game. I know this is the first time we play them in an actual game but just do your jobs.
Kai: She's right we have to stop acting like something drastic is going to happen when if it does we just take care of it. Blake knows if he tries he gets it that's it.
Me: Yep. Exactly. Babe if he pushes you on the court don't retaliate because it comes back on you and I don't need JV taking you off the court.
Ben: Yeah I know. I'm just so over this crap. It is annoying.
Kev: Who you tellin? I know.
Me: if any of them come over and talk to me I'm walking away.
Kev: Good Sarah. Aren't Aaron and Chrissy coming?
Me: Yeah I told them to text me when they are here so I can meet up with them.
Kev: If we see them we will let you know.
Me: Thanks.

It was almost game time since the game was in late afternoon and I just sat in my office until I heard two knocks on it.

I opened the door to see Taylor and Marieka with the kids.

Kings: Sarah.
Me: Hi Kings.
Kings: I miss you.
Me: I miss you more sweetie.

I pulled her in for a hug and she smiled into me.

Marieka: Sarah you still have his photo on your desk.
Me: Oh yeah I have to do something with it.
Marieka: It is a good memory Sarah.
Me: Yeah but I just don't want to be reminded of heartbreak anymore.
Taylor: We understand Sarah. Anyways we are going to let you be. Talk soon.
Me: Yeah talk soon.

I walked out with them because I had to get to the court and talk with Steven and Eddie.

Eddie: You ok Sarah?
Me: Oh yeah I'm fine. God this place is a zoo.
Eddie: Yep full every single time.

I saw Ben talking with Aaron and Chrissy when I came over to the chairs on the side and I smiled and gave them hugs.

Chrissy: Go do your thing Sarah.
Me: Yeah I know. You might get some stupid show today.
Chrissy: Source of entertainment I have seen it all. ;)

The game starter not too long after and I could see the Celtics bench get very nervous and I didn't even bother looking at them. Kai and Kev were tearing up the court and that is what they should be doing. They were taking the attention off Ben which is what I wanted them to do.

I looked over at Seth and he just smirked at me.

Blake got on the court a couple of minutes later and of course he had to be on Ben the whole time. What a nightmare.

There was some stuff being said but nothing eye popping until some Celtics fan threw something at Ben and the ref stopped the game to have that fan ejected. It looked to be a bottle of water or something.

Steven: Sarah breathe. You got this.
Me: I know.

I looked back at Aaron and Chrissy and they just had these sympathetic smiles on their faces.

I could see Tatum walk over to me before running to the other side and all that came out of my mouth was "IF YOU KNEW WHAT WAS GOOD FOR YOU JAY YOU WOULD RUN YA ASS DOWN THE COURT AND SHUT YA MOUTH!"

He ran scared.

The whole Nets bench was laughing knowing he couldn't say anything after.

This game ended up tying at halftime and I was so happy that I took Ben with me and walked back to my office.

Ben: What's wrong babe?
Me: My anxiety is bad.
Ben: Come here.

He was hugging me the whole time until I brought him in for a kiss.

Ben: All you wanted to do was kiss me.
Me: Yeah.
Ben: That's okay but don't run away if I try and kiss you later.
Me: I won't.

Halftime was over and I walked back on the court with my notebook. I stated jotting down notes and such when I saw some small fight break out.

I ran over to break them up and I told Ben to go sit down.

Me: Blake I swear to god one more fuckin movement and I'm cutting your entire family off and the kids never get to see me again. Do you hear me?!?
Blake: Yeah.
Me: Now shut your fuckin mouth and go play the fuckin game.
Blake: Got it.

The whole Celtics bench looked at me and I walked away. Of course they mumbled something and I just glared at them.

JV: God Sarah how do you do this?
Me: I take it day by day.

The game ran pretty smoothly after that and Aaron and Chrissy got to enjoy it more.

The end of the game we ended up winning by five which was nice and I walked back to my office and told Aaron and Chrissy to come with me. Ben would be joining us in a little while.

Aaron: Well what a game that was.
Me: You could say that again.
Chrissy: Does it always get this crazy?
Me: Nah. It is just the Celtics that's why. Their fans are animals anyways.

Ben joined us not too long after and we were about to leave the building to go grab and bite to eat when kings and Junior walked over and gave me a hug goodbye. They had tears on their face and I just pulled them in a little longer and told them I would see them soon.

Blake walked away with them and I walked out.

Ben: You okay baby?
Me: Yeah I'm fine.

It was going to be different now and Sarah knew it but life doesn't throw you curveballs if you can't hit them.

In the next chapter Sarah gets to babysit her grand baby but then something else happens. Let's see what it is.