Talks with Patty

I told Steven and Eddie that I wanted to talk with them tomorrow and they said to meet them at a restaurant near the practice facility and I said okay. As for Ben he was telling his family that the Nets traded him to Golden State and that I would be with him. They were happy he was going with me so I can keep a close eye on him. Steve Kerr and his staff I know were going to appreciate him so Ben's family was going to move a couple of blocks away from us twenty-five minutes away from the Warriors practice facility. It was going to be nice having them around. I already told my family and they said they would come and visit. I spoke to Blake and told him and he said good luck to me and to Ben. The only two people I didn't tell were Aaron and Chrissy. It seemed that Giancarlo and Jess were not on speaking terms with Ben and I anymore and we were pretty hurt by that.

As I was in my thoughts at home since Ben went with the guys to workout Patty called me.

Patty: Hi Sarah. Can we meet up today?
Me: Yeah sure.
Patty: Meet me at Yankee Stadium in the section next to the right side of the dugout.
Me: Sure. Be there soon.
Patty: Sounds good.

I got there a couple of minutes before she did and I was happy about that because that gave me time to think and look around in my seat at the stadium I was around for Aaron's entire career. It felt like yesterday I was here and I was getting choked up a bit because all the memories came back like running water. I pulled a tissue out of my purse and wiped my eyes. Patty was next to me the whole time and I didn't notice until I felt a hand on my shoulder.

Patty: Sarah? You ok?
Me: Yeah.
Patty: Sweetie what is it?
Me: Do you ever miss the memories you had with someone and wish things weren't ruined with them?
Patty: You thinking about that with Aaron?
Me: Yeah.
Patty: Sweetie did you tell him you are moving to Cali?
Me: Nope.
Patty: Why not?
Me: I can't look at him anymore Patty. He's marrying Chrissy.
Patty: Sweetie. He's still Chris' grandpa and he's still the father of your children.
Me: I know I just don't think I can take the pain anymore.
Patty: What pain?
Me: Of seeing him get re-married again.
Patty: Oh sweetie listen to me he's always going to love you. He's always going to mean something to you but maybe it is time to let go. Did you talk to Ben?
Me: He understands because he still feels that with Maya.
Patty: Well it seems you both are going through the same thing. Maybe you need a day with the two of them.
Me: Yeah maybe. Maya said she's in NY for the week so maybe we can meet up with them before Ben and I leave.
Patty: I think that's a good idea.

I broke down in tears and Patty pulled me in for a hug.

Me: I'm so sorry.
Patty: Oh sweetie don't be sorry my son was your first love and that's very hard to let go of. No matter what the future holds he's always going to be there.
Me: Yeah I know.

We said good bye after we talked and she said if she was ever back in Cali she and Wayne would come visit us.

I went home and was greeted by the dogs and Ben. I ran to hug him and I smiled up at him. He gave me a kiss on the lips and I loved when he did that.

Me: can we talk?
Ben: Sure hun.
Me: I think it is time before we leave for good to have closure with Maya and Aaron.
Ben: I was thinking that. Maya said she would meet me at Central Park tomorrow.
Me: Oh good. I'm going to meet with Steven and Eddie since they have to sign off on my finalized trade papers to Golden State's front office and then I'm officially done with the Nets.
Ben: That's going to take a toll on you Sarah.
Me: Yeah it is but time to move on.
Ben: I understand same with me.

The next day rolled around and I met with Steven and Eddie and they said good bye and good luck to me on my new journey with Golden State. I said good bye to everyone last week there so I was done now was the hard part I was going to meet Aaron at Yankee Stadium so we could talk. Since Ben was going to meet Maya at Central Park.

Aaron came alone and we sat at home plate and just looked around.

Me: Hi.
Aaron: Hey. So you are moving to Cali huh? Gonna work for Golden State?
Me: Yeah. Ben is coming with me. He was traded there. They need back court help.
Aaron: I see.
Me: I'm sorry. I just cannot take the pain anymore here. You and Chrissy are getting married and you two just need to move on.
Aaron: You know I will always love you right Sarah. You were my first love.
Me: I know. That's what makes this goodbye so hard.
Aaron: I wish you nothing but the best of luck as well as Ben.
Me: Thank you.

As we continued to look around I knew it was time to go so I got up and as I was about to walk up the step I broke down and cried.

Aaron: Sarah what's wrong?!?
Me: Remember when Chrissy came in that one day and she was happy you proposed to her?
Aaron: Yeah.
Me: I remember that one day being me. When we were on the mound. That was the best moment of my life until reality hit on all angles.
Aaron: Sarah I'm sorry.
Me: Aaron I'm glad you love her she's a good person and I'm happy you both are happy but I don't think I can let your marriage proposal go.
Aaron: Sarah you won't ever lose me even if you are moving to another part of the country. I promise. I'm going to come and see you since my parents live out there. Chrissy knows how much you still love me and she's fine with that because we have the kids and Jeter.
Me: Do you promise?
Aaron: Yes I promise. I want you and Ben to have fun. It has been awhile since I saw the both of you have fun and that team Sarah I have gone to some of their games is a lot of fun. Besides Steph and Ayesha love you two and they are going to welcome you with open arms. I promise you.
Me: Thank you.
Aaron: Your welcome. Now where is Ben?
Me: He's making closure with Maya in Central Park. We have to get back to packing since he's home already.
Aaron: Okay sounds good. I will drive you.
Me: Thanks.

When Aaron dropped me off I gave him a kiss on the cheek and a good bye for now until he and Chrissy come out in a couple of weeks to see his parents and other cousins and friends.

I walked into the apartment and Maya was there sitting on the couch with Jeter.

She walked up to me and gave me a hug.

Me: Hi girlie. How are you?
Maya: I'm good. Here all week but since tomorrow is your last day as well as Ben's in the city I thought we could have some girl time tomorrow after my meeting with my client.
Me: Yeah sure. Did you guys work things out?
Maya: Yeah we did but Sarah he doesn't love me anymore like he loves you. I give you the World for helping him and loving him and doing the things that I couldn't do with him. He told me how much he loves you and the promise ring and everything.
Me: He did?
Ben: I did. I want you two to get along that way when she comes out to Cali to visit you two don't look like strangers.
Me: That sounds good.
Maya: We have remained friends Sarah since I'm dating someone back home.
Me: The soccer player.
Maya: Yep. I love him Sarah like you love Ben.
Me: Im glad.
Maya: Yeah. Anyways I better get going. See you tomorrow and Ben if you need me just text me. You too Sarah.
Me: I will thanks.

I pulled her in for a hug and she walked out.

Ben: Did you have closure with Aaron?
Me: Yeah he's going to come out in a couple of weeks to see family so he said he will stop by with Chrissy.
Ben: My parents and Olivia are out there already getting settled so they are fine.
Me: Good.
Ben: Are we okay with everyone now?
Me: Oh yeah. We are fine.

I knew Ben and I were going to have that different life in San Fran but it was going to be a good one. Golden State was a new path for us and that was the path we were willing to take.

Next chapter getting to know the team. ;)