What To Do Next?

The fact that I had to now go to work with this thought in my head did not make it easier on me. I didn't know if anyone knew already but I wasn't going to speak much. Ben said he had my back if anything happened so I trusted him with that.

I walked into work after dropping Jeter off with Marieka and she was concerned for me also but I just brushed it away.

I went and sat on the top of the bleachers with my headphones in until Ben came and sat next to me.

Ben: You ok?

I shook my head no.

Ben: You want to talk about it?
Me: Not right now but I do just need someone to lean on. I'm sorry I feel like I'm using you. I feel so slutty.
Ben: Sarah look at me.

Of course I did.

Ben: don't ever say you feel that way again. You are so far from being slutty and trust me if you were you would know it but Blake is the asshole not you. He wanted to move to a different city and he wanted out and if he didn't do what he did he would be here in my position right now.
Me: Yea you are right.
Blake: I know I am. I have a right to be right. Sarah you are way too precious to be used like this again. Im sorry this keeps happening to you and it always happens to the good people. I wish I could take your pain.
Me: I feel like you can't.
Ben: You are right I can't but I want you to lean on me when I'm not practicing on the court okay.
Me: Yeah. Im also sorry I made a move on you. It was selfish.
Ben: No we both needed that kiss. It's okay.
Me: Thanks. Im going to go walk around.
Ben: Okay.

Ben's POV:
I wanted to take Sarah's pain away but I also wanted to spend some alone time with her. Since she's staying with me again tonight I want to make her feel more at home so I was going to make her dinner. Let's see how this was going to play out when the rest of the team found out. I know they wouldn't be too happy.

Blake's POV:
I woke up the next morning realizing what I did and I was such a cheater. I literally just slept with another woman and I'm married. My god I know Sarah isn't going to want to speak to me so I was going to call Marieka.

The phone rang on her end and she didn't pick up either which means she's either taking care of Jeter, working, or she found out also and isn't responding. My brother smacked me upside the head and knew I was the biggest dumb ass for doing what I did and this week we have a practice scrimmage with the Nets in Brooklyn. Let's see how this week was going to go.

The rest of the team walked into the gym and I was back in my spot wearing one of Ben's hoodies which smelled amazing drinking my cup of coffee.

Kai walked over to me to check on me.

Kai: Sarah you ok?
Me: Never better.
Kai: Sarah you cannot play that card with me.
Me: Fine. I feel so used. I also feel like I'm using Ben so he could feel bad for me and I swear I don't want that. He's too good of a person to be dealing with me. He has his own personal problems and I'm just baggage.
Kai: Sarah trust me I know that is what it feels like but Ben comes to you he knows you don't cling onto him but all of us know for a fact you need him. Actually he might need you also. Things with him and Maya were bumpy and that's why their ship has sailed but maybe the love you need could be right in front of you and you don't know it. I know I'm not the person who should be making decisions for you but think about it.
Me: No I understand your right.
Kai: God works in mysterious ways Sarah. Maybe all of this was meant to happen.
Me: You guys have to play Boston in a scrimmage game this week. I don't know how I'm going to deal with this.
Kai: You have tough skin Sarah. You are bad ass. We have your back but remember what you did with Aaron when he came to the practice facility way back when and tried to win you back?
Me: Yeah.
Kai: I have a gut feeling that might happen again.
Me: You think so?
Kai: Yep I know so. Just keep reminding yourself how special you are and the right person will come.
Me: Should I take my ring off?
Kai: I mean it is up to you.
Me: Okay.

I took my ring off my finger and took off my necklace and put the ring there around the chain and stuck it back into Ben's hoodie.

Was this the start of something else or was I finally able to stay single for as long as I could. I mean what Kai said about Ben made me turn the wheels on in my head but I wanted to know for sure if Ben was in for the long run with a woman right now.

The rest of the day was pretty quiet and people were blowing up my phone but I didn't bother to answer. Even Tommy called me multiple times but I had no business to talk to anyone right now.

I continued to write my article about Patty and just mind my own business knowing I had eyes on me the whole time and I looked up for a second and Ben was looking at me with a smile and I smiled back.

Maybe things had to happen but would they happen now or sooner than later?

Next chapter Sarah finds out if all that she put her life into is worth it or if it just taught her a lesson for later on in life.