The Cole's Reunion and Old Yankees

Aaron and Sarah rode with G and Jess to The Cole's place and Aaron and I were quiet in the back.

Aaron: Babe?
Me: Yeah?
Aaron: I love you.

Sarah's POV:
That was the first time in a long time the I love you came out so smoothly and not because he felt like it was the right thing to say. I was happy I got over the many bumps in the road with him. The fact that he grabbed my hand over the middle console in the back made me just love his touch even more. I leaned over to give him a kiss and he smiled back at me.

Me: I love you too.
G and Jess looked through the rear view mirror with a smile on their faces.

Jess: How does it feel to be able to do that again you two?
Me: Good.
Jess: Just good?
Me: Amazing. I woke up this morning feeling just at home in his arms even if it took me years to feel like that with any of the other guys I was with. Like you can feel yourself in someone's arms but feeling at home nope I didn't know what home was until Aaron.
G: Sarah you two are what is meant to be will be.
Me: Yeah I know we are.
G: Did you guys FaceTime John in Korea?
Me: Yeah we did and he was happy for us. He knew we were definitely content with ourselves again.
G: I think everyone is going to love you two are together again like the way it should have been for a long time when we show up to the Cole's in about five minutes.

We pulled behind a line of cars which seemed to be about twenty of them and we walked around the back and ran into Amy holding Everett. We all gave him little kisses on the head and Amy was so happy to see the four of us.

Amy: Happy to see you guys especially the Cali Couple over here.
G: You see guys I told you.
Amy: Sarah I didn't even know you and Aaron were back together until G called me last night.
Me: Yeah we didn't want the whole world knowing.
Amy: That's reasonable. Everyone else is in the back come on.
We walked towards the back where Gerrit was sitting next to Caiden near the fire pit with Coach Boone, Gleyber, Trevi, Higgy and the rest of the crew.
Gleyber: let me guess G and Jess told you guys to come.
Aaron: Yeah they did.
Coach: I knew it. I knew you two would be back.
Me: How did you know Coach?
Coach: instincts and let me guess your parents spoke to you about it?
Me: Yeah more like his parents did mine just knew.
Coach: Wayne and Patty are the greatest team ever Sarah just know this they want what is best for you both. They see more than me sometimes. You know Aaron your mother came up to me the day after you retired and said "My son is going to end up back with Sarah and you are going to thank me one day."
Aaron: She said that?
Coach: She did. She's a wise woman. Gleyber was next to me when she said it and he smiled before he went home.
Gerrit: Sarah how well from a scale from one to ten did you sleep last night?
Me: ten.
Gerrit: Aaron what about you?
Aaron: Ten.
Gerrit: Why?
Aaron: she was next to me.
Me: he was next to me.
Gerrit: My job is done.
Amy: Honey.
Gerrit: What?
Amy: You are too funny.
Gerrit: isn't that one reason you married me?
Amy: Yeah.
We all sat around the fire pit and just chatted away and a couple of people asked Aaron and I about Cali and we just told them we missed them all.
Coach: How does Rosie and Jeter as well as the rest of the kids think about you two back together?
Me: They feel closer to us now.
Aaron: Yeah Sapphire told me to take this trip with Sarah and Conner as well as Kyle and Becca pushed us also. They are handling everything with their two sets of grandparents at home.
Coach: I'm glad guys.
Me: You know with all these basketball guys I did feel somewhat lost because I felt like it was somewhat of a family but not a full on family.
DJ: Yeah I understand what you mean Sarah. Jordan and I went to visit Aaron and he told me you left with Ben to Cali to work with Golden State and I knew Sarah he missed you.
Jordan: Sarah you always know he has a smile on his face when you are around but with Chrissy we knew he was forcing it. He missed his kids and he missed his family. He felt all alone here.
Gerrit: Guys we are just happy you are together.
Amy: We are Sarah.
Caiden walked over to Aaron and sat on his lap.
Caiden: Hi Aaron.
Aaron: Hey C, what's up buddy?
Caiden: I missed you.
Aaron: You did?
Caiden: Yeah. You and Sarah used to always bring me cookies before every game and now we barely see you anymore.

I looked over at Caiden and whispered something in his ear and his eyes sparkled.
Gerrit: What did you tell him Sarah?
Me: That the next time you two come to California bring the kids with you and they can stay with us for a weekend.
Amy: that's not a bad idea. We will hold you to that.

As we sat there the rest of the night everything was running smoothly.

Aaron and I sat there content with each other and we were happy that everyone loved that we were together again.

In the next chapter Sarah ends up telling Amy something that is soo sweet to everyone else. Let's see what happens.