The Wedding Plans. The Phone Call.

I woke up the next morning next to Blake on the phone with his parents because I can hear his dad talking in the background.

All I heard was
"son I'm so happy you got her back because you were lost without her. Also you have to think about how much the kids loved her and how much they miss her."

I couldn't help but smile. I knew his parents loved me but I never knew how much until now. Messing up with Blake to begin with was so stupid. I should have never gone back to Aaron knowing he was going to try and hurt me again. From now on I knew where my heart was and that is with Blake and I'm not leaving again.

He got off the phone with his parents and crawled back into bed with me.

In case you were wondering we did have sex yesterday but it felt better than the first couple times around because I was just getting to know him and his waters then. Now I feel like I'm in on a full dive and I just feel comfortable in them.

Blake: Babe you ok?
Me: Yeah.
Blake: You sure?
Me: Yeah.

I let a tear fall from my face and it fell on his chest and he felt it.

Blake: I felt that tear look at me.

I looked at him and the tears kept pouring down.

Blake: Baby come on tell me what's wrong? I want to help.
Me: I'm just scared.
Blake: Scared about what?
Me: What if I'm just bad luck for you?
Blake: Baby why would you say that?
Me: Look at my life Blake. I'm a mess.
Blake: No no you are not a mess. The men in your life were a mess which made you think you were the mess but you are far from that. I love you okay and we both want to get married and we are going to move up here after the wedding because I want us to be away from the toxic city life until the season starts up again. I love you and we are in this together forever.

I leaned in to kiss him and fell back onto his chest until Taylor called from the kitchen to come and eat breakfast.

Blake: Come on I'm hungry and I know you are also.
Me: Yeah I am. Can I wear your shirt and shorts?
Blake: Yeah sure. What's mine is yours now.
Me: Thanks. I also heard what your dad said on the phone.
Blake: My parents barely love people but they really love you. They don't love you because I made them love you, they love you because you moved them in many ways that not many can.
Me: In what ways?
Blake: You are smart, beautiful, caring for the correct people who care about you, you love your kids no matter how much they have gone through and you have gone through, also you put my heart before you put yours. They always wanted someone like that for me and I wanted that for myself. I know that they want you at family dinners and at holiday parties because marrying you I know is not only going to make them see that I'm happy but waking up next to you every single day is going to be all I dreamed about.
Me: Thank you. 🥺
Blake: No, thank you. You are the reason I get to wake up and go to sleep with a smile on my face.
Me: I'm glad.
Blake: Yeah. 😁

Blake and I walked into the kitchen with smiles on our faces and Taylor and Marieka could see that.

Marieka: We heard you both and I also heard you on the phone Blake with mom and dad.
Blake: Yeah Sarah and I want to get married in Oklahoma.
Taylor: At the church?
Blake: Yeah.
Taylor: Sarah, what made you think about that church?
Me: I remember when Blake and I first got together and he trusted me enough to know about his personal life. He talked about Willson and the church and your parents sent me pictures of the church through email and something about it made me just smile. I loved how home-grown it was and how country it was and just how quiet it looked. It was like some storybook I wanted and dreamed about. The last time I felt like that at home in a church was my family church back in the city I used to go to before my grandma passed away some years ago.
Marieka: So it brought a sense of family orientation back?
Me: Exactly that. I love my family and I know how much tradition means to them but I have moved on from my family traditions so I said to myself I want to know more about Blake's past.

Taylor just smiled at us both and I could just see the spark in his eyes.

Me: What is it Taylor?
Taylor: I have never heard someone talk about my brother like this. Like ever. He has gone through a lot and him finding a woman was going to be so damn hard because all he wanted was for a woman to put him first and Sarah since the day I met you I knew you did that. Also if you think you are the issue in your past relationships and marriages you are one hundred percent wrong. The men were the issue. Like I said when Blake told me about you and who you were I already knew you from the stories with you and Bellinger and also with Judge and I said "This girl reminds me of my brother. They think they found the one and that one turns and runs when things become too complicated to handle." "Sarah you deserve my brother just as much as he deserves you and not only do Marieka and I see that as well as our parents and yours but the whole world is seeing that." "You both look really happy. The smiles are just genuine and not forced."
Blake: Thanks bro.
Me: Thank you Tay.
Marieka: You two remind me of us.
Me: I think I noticed that.
Marieka: What are you both going to do today? Do you need help with the wedding planning again?
Me: I mean if you guys want to help?
Marieka: Yeah we can help.
Taylor: Are mom and dad helping from home with the church and reception Blake?
Blake: Yeah they are and I told them we would come in a couple of weeks to check everything out but to get things started. They didn't mind and they wanted to help anyways.
Taylor: It is good to get them moving.
Blake: Yeah.

As the day went on little by little the four of us would work on Google searching in the area where Blake was born and we would check off things and put an "x" next to things we needed to work on.

It was for once nice.

Next chapter going back home is going to be interesting for Blake and Sarah. Let's see what happens.