Could This Be The Future?

Sarah woke up the next morning on the couch and she didn't know where anyone was considering everyone slept in their rooms. She walked to the bathroom until she saw Blake cuddled up with Jeter her nugget which she thought was soo sweet how much Jeter loved him. I walked into his room and I sat on the bed. Kissing the top of his head was going to wake him up and realize that I was going to be there for him and I grabbed Jeter at the same time and did the same to him as well.

Blake: Hey.
Me: Hey.
Blake: Everything ok?
Me: Yeah I'm okay.
Blake: Are you sure?
Me: Yep.
Blake: How did you find me in here?
Me: I was walking to the bathroom and I found the door open with you lying very close to Jeter which I thought was very cute.
Blake: Yeah I was hoping you would be coming to bed last night.
Me: I'm sorry I was going to but the movie I was watching ended late and I didn't want to wake you.
Blake: No that's okay I understand.
Me: Do you want to make breakfast with me?
Blake: Yeah sure. I'm going to go feed Jeter since I know my brother bought him the correct dog food for the week and then you can finish getting washed up.
Me: Okay thanks.
Blake: Welcome. Sarah?
Me: Yeah?
Blake: I love you.
Me: Love you too.

I walked up to him and kissed him and walked away to do my business.

After I got myself ready I went to help Blake with breakfast when Marieka came down with Taylor and Jeter went to greet them since he was next to me on the floor.

Marieka: Morning guys.
Blake: Morning.
Me: Morning.
Blake: Since you guys are letting us stay here the least we could do was make breakfast.
Taylor: Thanks guys.
Blake: No problem bro.
Marieka: How about Sarah and I go out with Jeter today for a walk in the park and you two can have your own bro-day.
Blake: I mean that sounds good. I have something planned for Sarah later on tonight.
Me: Oh you do?
Blake: Yep but it is a surprise and I don't want to tell you about it. Tay helped me set it up.
Marieka: How come I didn't know about it?
Blake: Because you would have told Sarah.
Marieka: Sad but true.
Blake: Yep. Anyways I want Sarah back by six pm.
Marieka: Got it? Does she have to dress fancy or casual?
Blake: Casual.
Marieka: Okay.
Me: Yep okay.

As the day went on after we ate breakfast I just wanted to know where Blake was going to take me.

Marieka: Sarah I'm sure knowing it is my brother in law it is going to be some place quiet and amazing.
Me: Yeah you might be correct.

Walking through the park we spotted some guys playing basketball and they looked like teens in high school and we wanted to watch them. One of them had Blake's Clippers jersey on and Marieka and I smiled.

We walked over to them and we decided to FaceTime Blake as we walked up to the kid who's name was Derek.

Marieka: Hey we heard your teammates call you Derek is that your name?
Derek: Uhh yes miss it is.
Marieka: I'm Taylor Griffin's wife and this is Blake's girlfriend Sarah.
Derek: Holy crap! This is awesome.

Most of the guys came running over and Blake was on his way with Taylor to come and shoot hoops with the boys.

Derek: Oh I see Blake now. Good he can sign my jersey.
Blake: Hey Derek.
Taylor: Hey Derek.

Derek and his friends crowded around Blake and his brother and it was the least we could do to cheer the boys up.

Me: We are glad you enjoyed meeting them.
Derek: We did miss thank you.
Me: You're welcome.
Blake: We have two hours guys. Do you want to shoot around with us?
Derek: Oh heck yeah. This is the best.

As the hours went on and it was time for the four of us to go and the boys to get home we said our good byes and they gave us their season schedule so we would get to make a few games this winter.

Blake: That was great.
Taylor: Yeah those boys are good. Kinda reminded me of us in high school.
Blake: Oh yeah mom used to have to drag us off the court to come and eat dinner.
Taylor: Yeah it would be dark outside and we couldn't see the ground in front of us but we were still playing.
Blake: Yep.
Marieka: I love how close you two are. Not many people can get this bond with their sibling like you guys do.
Blake: We had friends but we hung out more with each other than we did with others. We just trusted each other enough.
Me: We are glad about that.

We got back home and it was around five-thirty and Blake and I were upstairs getting ready. Taylor and Marieka wanted to stay in and watch some movie.

Taylor: Have fun tonight you two. ;)
Me: Don't worry we will. ;)

Blake and I got into his car and we drove an hour away from the house to this national park. I see him set everything up looking over this beautiful river and we were sitting on a cliff.

Blake: I have a picnic for us.
Me: This is beautiful thank you.
Blake: You're welcome.
Me: I'm so glad Amy and Gerrit found you for me. I have been nothing but happier with you since the day I met you. Even with the hundreds of hiccups that happened in the past week or so we still managed to really figure out what we wanted.
Blake: Well I do know I want you back.
Me: I want the same.
Blake: I talked to my parents last night.
Me: How are they?
Blake: They are good.
Me: That's good.
Blake: They wanted me to get back with you Sarah since they saw how happy you make me. I have never met anyone so driven and so intelligent in my life. I really want to marry you.
Me: Then you know what do you have the ring with you?
Blake: I do.

I held my hand out and he smiled at me and placed the ring back on my finger.

Blake: So is it really official now are we going to get married?
Me: Yep. I do want the wedding to be in Oklahoma though. I remember your parents talking about a church that meant a lot to you and your friend Willson growing up and I thought we would get married there?
Blake: I would love that. I mean there are tons of country clubs around that area and I know the perfect one where we can have the reception.
Me: Perfect. Let's start from scratch. Get your parents involved since we didn't have them help much before.
Blake: They would love that. Im going to talk to them tomorrow.
Me: Okay sounds good.
Blake: Should we invite Casey and Aaron?
Me: You know what I will think on that.
Blake: Okay I was going to say that also. We have to figure out why they did this in the first place when we get back at the end of the week.
Me: Good idea.

As we sat and ate it was just this peaceful silence that we never got and we knew there was no one around considering no one would come up this far to hike this late.

Me: I'm glad this place is so peaceful with no one bothering us.
Blake: That was my plan the whole time.
Me: Good.

blakegriffin23

Times were tough with us the past couple of weeks but this time we want to do things slowly and differently

Times were tough with us the past couple of weeks but this time we want to do things slowly and differently. We thank those again who got us together and we want to know what the future holds for us. Sarah I know I do want my future with you and I want to see how far we go. I love you. ❤️

sarahsmiles: Love you more and I can't wait for the future with you. We hit many bumps in the road the past couple of weeks but I know this time around with the help from the people who will really appreciate and help us we can get places . ❤️

Blake disabled the rest of the comments even if people were blowing up my phone and his with likes on Instagram since he tagged me.

Blake: We should head back.
Me: Yeah.
Blake: We need to fill in everyone else tomorrow.
Me: I like that idea.

Stay tuned for the next chapter with more surprises. 😚