Just Dropping By.

My parents ended up staying with Patty and Wayne down the road from where Aaron and I were and they took Jeter and Rosie with them to give us some space.

A couple of minutes later the door bell rings and I went to get it.

I didn't expect to see who was standing at the door and who he was next to.

Me: Blake what are you doing here? Also what are you doing with my cousin Maggie?

Blake: Maggie and I are on vacation visiting some friends in Southern California but I went by the house that you were staying with Ben and someone else was already living there.

Me: Ben and I sold the house a month ago. I am living with Aaron.

Maggie: I'm sorry what happened with Ben Sarah.

Me: Well shit happens. How did you two get together?

Maggie: Just happened.

Me: Oh well good to know. Aaron is still sleeping.

Blake: Can we come back later?

A couple of minutes later Aaron comes up behind me giving me a kiss on the side of the head.

Blake: Hey man.

Aaron: Hello.

Blake: Do you want us to come back later?

Aaron: I mean you can come in but it is up to Sarah.

Sarah's POV:

I wanted to know why Blake was here with Maggie because the last time I spoke to them they already pissed me off about just throwing the fact that they were randomly seeing each other under the bus. It didn't help much at the time that I was sitting with Maya either and she kind of did feel for me. Let's see what would happen since I am staring at the both of them right now trying to figure out why they would just show up without a notice.

Me: yeah fine they can come in.

Blake: Thanks.

Blake walked in holding Maggie's hand and she stared at me but I kept looking away from her hoping she would get the memo.

Aaron held my hand while Blake kept trying to figure out what happened with Ben and I.

Me: Ben left to Australia by himself and he told me to stay behind. That was it.

Blake: I just got back with Maggie two weeks ago.

Me: You went?

Blake: Yeah and Ayesha said Ben left you behind.

Me: Yeah well she isn't wrong. Earlier that day I went to Aaron's Foundation Clinic event in the park not too far from where I was living.

Blake: He must have thought you were mending things back together with Aaron.

Me: Probably I don't know and I have moved on and we are just friends for now.

Blake: I understand.

A couple of minutes later I got a Twitter update saying that Ben and I broke up and that he is seeing some Australian basketball player.

Blake: Damn he moved on fast enough.

Aaron: He could have waited longer.

Maggie: Why would he move on so fast? I find that a punch in the face to Sarah.

I just stared into space and didn't say anything until Ayesha called me and told me her and Steph were coming over.

A couple of minutes later the door bell rang and I walked to the door and brought Ayesha in for a hug as well as Steph.

Steph: Sarah I'm sorry.

Me: What is meant to be will be and we weren't meant to be.

Steph: I understand.

Aaron: Hey Steph.

Steph: Hey A.

Ayesha: I didn't know you two were back together.

Me: I am only living with him until I find my own place.

Ayesha: So you aren't together?

Sarah wanted to know why everyone kept asking why her and Aaron were not together.

Me: Aaron and I are taking it slow since clearly we always end up back together and we have been married before and in my longest relationship. Why does everyone have to ask I don't know. So what if we are, what is it to everyone?

Maggie: We are just checking on you girl. Ben moved on fast.

Me: So does every other asshole when they felt nothing for their ex.

Maggie: Should we leave?

Me: Yeah all of you should leave.

They all walked out and Aaron was next me on the couch until he got up to lock the door.

I walked upstairs to the room and just sat down cross-legged on the bed and he came and sat behind me and pulled me into him.

Aaron: You ok?

Me: You know I said to your mom that every single person I have been with had that one scent that made them who they were but your's always felt like home. Like I was back in NYC holding you on the couch and G and Jess would sit across from us on the couch.

Aaron looked down at me and pulled me in for a kiss and I kissed him back.

He got off the bed and walked to the closet by the window and brought out a familiar box and he took out this one photo that I hadn't seen before.

Me: When was this photo taken?

Aaron: My mom took it of me the other day and she said that it was the look I had when we got the divorce and when you went to Blake.

Me: I really missed you.

Aaron: My mom told me you did.

Me: The one that makes you feel the most pain is the one you end up loving the most because you know why you are feeling that pain. I felt so much pain when we split.

Aaron: Heart aching pain right?

Me: Yep. Major.

Aaron: I called my mom crying one time and I told her I missed you. I missed the way you used to hold me and when I was playing for the Yankees you used to always give me back rubs with Biofreeze and then we used to eat ice cream on the couch and cuddle up and watch I Love Lucy.

Me: You remember all of that.

Aaron: Yep I do.

Me: I miss G and Jess. I miss everyone back in NY in the baseball world.

Aaron: You want me to call them?

Me: Yeah.

In the next chapter we will see how much has changed.