Sarah Needs A Friend.

Everyone seemed to be busy including the Curry's back in Cali with the kids and the season coming up so I didn't want to bother them. Blake was with his parents for the day in town because he said he wanted to give me space and such. Chrissy was not answering her phone because I knew she was with Aaron. (little did Sarah know Chrissy was on her way)

Sarah decided to invite Ben over (yes Ben Simmons) because Ben was like her best friend besides some of the other guys in the NBA she got along with. Ben knew what Sarah was going through because he and his sister were going through the episodes.

An hour later Ben was next to Sarah on the couch since Maya had to go back to London for work and she said she would catch up with me soon.

Ben: Sarah are you and Blake ok?
Me: Yeah we are fine I'm just having a mental day.
Ben: I had that day yesterday and Maya knows what happens when I go through it so she leaves me alone until I pick up the phone and talk to her. I'm going to tell Blake to do the same.
Me: Yeah I told him I needed space and he was okay with it and understood it.
Ben: Sarah, I know how hard it is for you and trust me my sister and I are here if you want to talk.
Me: Does the anxiety and depression go away?
Ben: No not really but it does get better when you have the right people around you Sarah. I go to my sister or my mom or Maya but I want you to come to me if no one else understands. I'm going to be just a couple of blocks away so please we can meet somewhere or if you want to come over or I can come over that's fine also.
Me: thank you. I really like this conversation.
Ben: Your welcome.

He leaned in to give me a hug and this was the hug I needed

A couple of minutes later Blake walked in with his parents and he smiled knowing Ben had to come over to help Sarah.

Blake: Hey man thanks for being here for her.
Ben: Hey dude. No it is good I'm glad Sarah can come to me. I told her I'm going to be in town again since the season is starting soon so she can contact me when she needs me. You can also.
Blake: Thanks man. You are a good dude. Not many guys like you anymore.
Ben: Yeah we come and go but we stick around for the people that want us.
Tommy: That's a smart point Ben.
Ben: Yes it is Tommy.
Gail: Sarah are you ok? You have two great men around you.
Me: Yeah I'm okay. Ben do you want to stay for dinner?
Ben: If you two don't mind?
Blake: No no we don't mind. The food should be here soon we ordered Chinese.
Ben: Okay that sounds good.

As we were all sitting around the island Sarah gets a call from Chrissy to come downstairs.

Sarah went downstairs and she found Chrissy across the street from her place.

Me: Hey girl. I thought you would be with Aaron.
Chrissy: Sarah did you know he was using you?
Me: Yeah I knew.
Chrissy: How did you know?
Me: I could sense it. Let me guess he told you.
Chrissy: Yeah he did and I'm sorry Sarah I don't think I can be with a man who treated you like that. Im glad you found Blake.
Me: Im glad I found Blake also but Chris listen I know it isn't my place to make the decision on whether you should be with Aaron or not but honestly speaking I know he loves you more than he ever loved me. I was naive at the time I was with him. You know how that can be.
Chrissy: Yeah that was me in my past relationships. I had to leave. I do love him Sarah but can I trust him?
Me: Listen Chris you need to make that decision but all I can tell you is I'm here if you need help. Ease into it with him and then when you are ready talk to him.
Chrissy: Did he text you?
Me: Yeah he did just now. He said that he wants to talk to you so I suggest that you go to his place.
Chrissy: Sarah why are you being like this? Shouldn't you be angry?
Me: I have been angry all my life and Blake is the light of my life now Chrissy. He's everything I need and more. I don't have time to be angry anymore. I'm so over the fact that my life has taught me lessons and Blake was the good fish I'm glad I can call my fiancé rather than sticking with the bad ones. I know Aaron loves you though. He told me the other day.
Chrissy: Okay I will go to his place now but one wrong move and I'm gone.
Me: I understand. Just take it easy.
Chrissy: Okay. He said he picked up Rose.
Me: Yeah he did.

Chrissy left and I went back across the street and back into mine and Blake's place.

Blake looked at me with concern and I mouthed Chrissy and he knew right away and just smiled at me knowing I talked to her.

Ben: Everything ok Sarah?
Me: Oh yeah just a friend I needed to help out.
Ben: Oh alright.
Tommy: Sarah I'm so glad I get to call you my daughter in law.
Me: Thank you Tommy.
Gail: I'm so happy Sarah because I know how much you love my son and you will do anything for him and for the kids.
Me: Yeah I told Casey she can have them for the day but we have someone from the state with her with the kids and they should be back in a couple of minutes.

The kids walked in a couple of minutes later and ran to give their grandparents a hug as well as Ben.

Kings: Hi Uncle Ben.
Ben: Oh I like the sound of Uncle Ben. It is cool.
Junior: Ben can we go play basketball tomorrow.
Ben: Yeah buddy sure.
Junior: Thanks.

It was nice seeing Ben get along with the kids since I know he wanted some in the future but the time wasn't right yet.

Blake still had no idea where he wanted to go and he knew he had to make a decision soon. Let's see what would happen with him within the next month or so. Time will tell with the help of God what would happen next.

In the next chapter Aaron comes to Sarah about Chrissy. Stay tuned. ;)

Now enjoy a picture of the NYC skyline at night 💙🗽