❦Ninety Five❦

Start from the beginning

My bedroom door opened, and Tech was at the side of my bed immediately. "Hey- hey." He almost immediately realized the situation, crawling into my bed and grabbing my hand. I could feel how cold he was, he had run across our porches to my house it seems.

My palm was pressed to his chest, and my breathing slowly calmed to a normal pace when I felt the steady thump under his skin. His other arm wrapped around my shoulders, and he sat down next to me atop my bed, leaning against my headboard. "There we go, I'm right here." He whispered, letting go of my hand to reach over and turn on my lantern, resting on the bedside table. I could finally see his hands resting on my skin, and his expression weary with sleep. It was better than drenched in blood.

I was leaned against his side, pressing my face into his neck and feeling the steady pulse residing there. "You're alive." I whispered it, feeling his grip tighten around me as a response.

"Of course I am, I'm immortal. I'll always be alive for you, Technoblade never dies, remember?" I could hear the smile in his voice, yet underlying concern. "Did you see me die?" He said it lowly, I just nodded. "Well, my heartbeat is right under your hand." He replied simply, slowly laying us down so I could tuck myself in his chest. "Can you sleep again?"

"Dunno." I muttered, looking up at his face and reaching up my hand from his chest. Instead pressing it to his forehead. There was a scar, slightly tinged with gold, where the anvil made contact. I traced it softly, and he just closed his eyes with a hum.

"Our execution?" He caught on automatically, lips parted after he spoke, sighing and leaning into touches as I traced along the scars dappling his features.

"The totem didn't work." I explained, he huffed.

"Night terrors..." he paused, sighing and his expression relaxing as I reached the line across his lip, the scar almost stretching to his nose. The skin was soft and tinged with pink around the mark. "Are stupid."

I laughed, "help me sleep again?" It was a simple few words, but he nodded and wordlessly reached behind himself to turn off the lamp. I could still see scars spattering his form, demon-like eyes giving me the ability to gaze forward even in the darkness shrouding our forms.

He chuckled as my fingertips glazed over his chest, a large pale splotch over the left side of his torso, it seems to have been caused by fire. "Thought you said you wanted me to help you sleep?" He whispered, slinging his arm over my waist while the other went underneath my head.

"It's calming me."

"To feel my scars?"

"To feel that you're warm, your blood is pumping inside of your body, you're alive."

He hummed in response, letting his body relax and slump atop my mattress. He mindlessly let go of my waist to reach down and grab the comforter I had discarded, tugging it over us. I grumbled, pushing it slightly aside so I could still run my left hand over his heart. My other hand was already tangled in his hair.

There was a thick line underneath his chin, barely visible underneath his jaw. Seemingly from a dagger, from who I don't know. I ran my thumb across it, running my hand up his jaw and feeling stubble. "Mmm, didn't shave last mornin'. Was preoccupied." The hair brushed against my skin roughly, he didn't so much as flinch.

"Doing what?"

He leaned forward, pressing his forehead to my own. "Takin' care of the woman I love, makin' sure she didn't get hurt pushin' herself after becomin' a goddess. She can be a real idiot sometimes, forcin' herself to do things while her body should be healin'. She became a goddess two days ago, actually."

I laughed under my breath a bit. "Oh, I don't think I know her. I do know this guy though, really overprotective, follows me around like some kind of lost puppy. He woke up and ran through the snow recently actually, heard me scream from a nightmare at like four in the morning."