❦Eighty Eight❦

Start from the beginning

I stumbled blindly into the portal, not bothering to prepare myself for the temperature change. I wanted out, I needed to get to safety, home. Fuck I didn't have a home anymore. Everything was great, I had everything and anything, and now I'm here.

Even when I lost that cabin, that safety net, I had the Egg. I knew it was horrible, but that didn't change the fact that I missed it maybe a bit too much after it was ripped from under my feet.

I fell forward out of the swirling purple portal. When my hands hit the ground, I could see the deep black contrast the white snow. My tail drooped against the material too, twitching due to the cold.

I slowly stood up digging my jacket out of my bag, already feeling the cold seeping into my bones. It stung, and I could feel the joints in my fingers begin to lock up almost immediately. I did something I've grown good at to avoid the pain, ignoring it. I could see my breaths leave my mouth, the freezing temperatures making them visible as I shivered. Up ahead I could clearly see a beacon, surrounding it three houses, one illuminated to show people were inside.

I grabbed my communicator with stiff hands, mindlessly jabbing my pointer finger to call the Angel.

I shakily held the device up to my ear, and surprisingly there wasn't so much as a ring before  the call went through. "Nerd, you okay?"

Not the person I was hoping for in particular, but it's better than nothing. "Yeah, yeah just cold. I'm a bit away from your cabin, can you hand the communicator to Phil? I meant to call him, my hands are all stiff."

I heard muffled voices before I could hear Phil's voice staticky over the other end. "You need Techno or I to come grab you, mate? It's really cold around this time of year."

"Nah, just have the fireplace going so I can sit in front of it when I get to Tech's. I can see you both are inside." I exhaled shakily, still trudging through icy snow. "It went well with Eret."

It was becoming difficult to form words as I spoke to Phil. "Oh, so you two are still together then?" I heard more muffled chatter, I raised an eyebrow and sighed.

"No, I broke things off. It was all so sudden, but it went smoothly." I could see some wolves rolling around in the snow, tongues lolling out and tails wagging. "I'm just tired, and there's this other thing-"

The call cut out, we were too close. I was on the front porch, shaking, staring at the spruce door. I gulped, and before I could even reach for the handle the door flung open. There stood the blood god, golden jewelry gracing his form and brushed pink hair cascading down his shoulders. He was wearing a white button up, the few top buttons undone and untucked from his slacks. His form almost reached the top of the doorframe.

A feeling bubbled up under my skin, but it was quickly swallowed up with fear. I couldn't breathe, and I took a step back instinctively only to almost slip on ice down the stairs. He reached for my hand, grabbing me so I wouldn't fall, pure instinct took over now even more than before. I squirmed out of his hold, stumbling backward after I got out. Phil rushed out of the front door, wings spreading to help his balance as he grabbed me and weakly flapped tattered wings, taking us safely to the bottom of the staircase and back in the snow. "Mate? What was that about?" The words muffled as he continued speaking, a ringing in my ears ruining my other senses. From over Phil's shoulder I could see Technoblade towering over us both, face twisted in guilt and concern.

Freezing and shaking hands gripped onto a dark green tunic, and the Angel's wings curled around me to shield us from the thundering winds. "I just- Tech-"

He shushed me almost immediately, slowly beginning to lead me back up the wooden stairs. "I understand, crow. Let's go inside and get you to the fire."