He didn't know if he was crying, he couldn't hear himself and the possible sobs over the hyperventilation. All he could see was blurred over darkness from it being so late at night, and the frantic puffs of air leaving his mouth now visible due to the drop in temperature. His jaw hurt from how tight it was clenched, teeth clashing into each other so hard it caused small pricks of pain.

He knew he was crying now, the tears running down his face turned cold so quickly they caused the feeling of ice against his cheeks. "Mate?" Phil called out, Eret couldn't hear him.

But Phil could hear Eret.

The younger man's breathing was ragged, brown hair fallen over his features and sticking to his face from the wet tears. As Phil approached he realized Eret's body was swaying, his breathing becoming more desperate. "Eret." Phil said his name, getting on one knee in front of the man. "Eret can you hear me?"

He didn't get so much as a response, shaken hands reaching up and digging into his own arms, nails burrowing into frozen skin. Phil was certain if he let Eret continue he'd draw blood. "Eret, can I touch you?" He was met with another sob, the weight of it making his entire body lurch.

Phil saw small droplets of blood slip down Eret's arms.

"Eret, I'm going to touch your hands now." Phil reached forward and placed his warmer palms on chilly ones, the difference in temperature sending a few shivers up his spine. Eret jolted, breathing becoming more frantic before slowing down a bit. "Eret, can you hear me? Just try to squeeze my hands as a yes."

The Angel felt the smallest movement in Eret's hands, it was enough to let Phil surge forward and pull Eret into a tight hold, wings wrapping around the brunet in some effort to conserve warmth. "Mate, can you tell me five things you can feel?" Phil heard Eret begin to cough before his chest heaving once more, an ugly cry leaving his throat in a guttural way. "Eret, try your best for me."

The King clenched his teeth one more before slowly nodding, slowly regaining his senses. "Your wings." He started, being cut off by another sob and his body lurching forward into blond hair.

"That's good, really good, keep going for me." Phil ran his right hand in circles on Eret's back, gripping both of Eret's slowly warming hands in his one left palm.

"The-" He hiccuped now, his breathing slowing bit by but. "The snow, I can feel the snow." The numbing and prickling feeling that was traveling up Eret's fingers from lack of oxygen slowly faded. "My shirt and my hair."

"Just one more, mate."

Phil winced when Eret started crying again, it sounded like he was getting worse once more. "Eret what's one more thing you can feel, come on now."

"I don't know-"

"Eret."

"Your shirt."

Phil slowly pulled away from Eret, his breathing evening out by the second. "She's alright Eret, she's alive." Phil whispered, brushing curly hair out of the younger's face.

Eret nodded, reaching up and swiping away tears quickly drying on his own face. "Techno actually did it? He saved her?"

"He did, and she's okay."

Eret had forgotten his sunglasses in the bedroom, so Phil was finally able to get a good look at his eyes. Apparently Technoblade was right when he said Eret was related to Herobrine, there was definitely nothing like those eyes besides maybe with demons, and even then there's small differences. "Why did that happen? She was okay, I was watching her and everything was okay." Eret was slowly stood up by Phil, now acknowledging how cold he was. Eret shivered and wrapped his arms around himself, wanting to get inside.