I didn't care how I reached it.

I flung open the door with reckless abandon, hearing Ghostbur open and close the door behind me a few beats later. Eret immediately ran down the stairs as I locked the door, grabbing a chair and placing it under the doorknob. "Tor? Wilbur?" Eret's voice was strained and confused.

"I'm Ghostbur thank you!" Ghostbur smiled walking up to the younger brunet with a wave. Eret's face contorted in pure confusion.

"Eret, I need you to take Ghostbur and go upstairs. Lock yourself in a bedroom and don't open the door unless you know it's me. I'm grabbing my armor." I found a mental state previously untapped fall upon me. The pure unbridled need to protect.

Protect him
Keep them safe
Kill Quackity
Nobody touches him
Idiots
FUCKING KEEP HIM SAFE N O W

The voices began acting up, making me wince in a way I didn't appreciate much. They hadn't ever acted up besides in battle so this was a new experience. All I knew is I wasn't letting anybody get to Eret if it was the last thing I did. "Tor you can't be serious. What's happening." Eret insisted further as Ghostbur began trying to tug him up the stairs, the ghost was having no luck.

I began clipping on my netherite armor, keeping the axe at my side. "Number one, Wilbur is now a ghost called Ghostbur." I held up a one, figuring I'd go through each strange occurrence. "Number two, Ghostbur noticed that at the funeral Quackity, Tubbo, and Fundy had netherite daggers under their jackets." I grabbed a few potions now, putting on a potions belt and slipping them in holders. "Number three, they were going to assassinate me. And I'll be damned if they kill the Grim Reaper, let alone you." I turned around to find Eret in shock.

His face was just frozen as he processed what had been said. "I can help-"

"I know you can, but I won't let you. Let me keep you safe, I want to protect you. Let me protect you." He swallowed, putting on his sunglasses since Ghostbur was in the house. He sighed and nodded.

"Yeah, yeah okay. But if you get in trouble and you need help, you won't stop me from stepping in to fight them too." He looked serious in his decision, I couldn't help but let out a short laugh.

"Oh Eret I won't need help, I'm the Grim Reaper." He just frowned and nodded, concerned but relieved. I guess you couldn't really ever be safer than when in the hands of death.

I ushered them upstairs, the ghost apparently deciding to stick around. I decided that I'd make sure Ghostbur remained safe as well. Wilbur in his final days, he was something that's for sure. It was almost something to be admired, he had a goal and he met it. He did everything he wanted in his last moments, he achieved all his goals and destroyed what he realized was toxic.

He knew L'manburg would never come to pass as it once did, that it was destined to forever be an unreachable goal. Wilbur Soot had fallen from grace, and gods did he know it. So he did the best thing he could when he hit rock bottom, make sure that everybody fell with him. That man had clawed his way to the top, and then proceeded to fall so far down he was unreachable, before finally bringing everyone down to his level and dying.

Those thoughts riddled my mind as I sat in a chair facing the front door. I had brought a spruce chair from the dining room, and placed it in front of the door so I could watch. I was on high alert, an axe in my right hand with my left resting on my knee. My leg bouncing with anxiety, were they even going to come? It would be stupid to attack an enemy in their own territory. But obviously they were inexperienced enough that I wouldn't put it past them.

I honestly lost track of time, but I did eventually feel a hand on my shoulder. I immediately jumped in place, standing up and grabbing my axe. "It's just me darling." Eret smiled sympathetically. "It's been an hour or two, Ghostbur is going to go home. He's been learning how to sew upstairs with me." I looked behind Eret to find the ghost ecstatic holding a few fabrics. It seems Eret had implanted his hobby onto the man.