❦Forty Three❦

Start from the beginning

"I got into an argument with Tech." I didn't really have much issue discussing the topic. Sure it stung but at least it was mostly over now.

Tommy grumbled in response. "Well we all knew that! What happened?" Now I was left wondering how the kid was still jumpy and awake at three am.

"After he listened to Schlatt at that festival I got angry. He kind of betrayed me in a way Toms." I reached a hand up and put it in his hair. Running my hand through the blond hair. It reminded me of Phil.

A quiet rumble sounded from his throat in response to the petting. It seems he didn't get much attention anymore from anybody else. Tubbo became mad at him for some reason, Tommy didn't get into it, settling for Tubbo had forgiven Techno but Tommy didn't.

"What do you have against Schlatt? Besides that he's a dictator bitch and all." Tommy obviously didn't understand the weight of the question. My words caught in my throat and I coughed lightly to clear the airway.

"Schlatt just- he isn't a good person. Of course I'm not exactly one to talk but, he's a different kind of bad." I looked at the crackling fire that was slowly dying out and Tommy hummed in response.

"Well I know that! He fuckin' used Tubbo and kicked me and Wilby out- fuckin' dumbass bitch-" The mouth on his kid always managed to shock me. I nodded and smiled.

"We will get rid of Manburg don't worry." He nodded and crossed his arms nuzzling a bit further into my shoulder.

Some silence passed, it wasn't a bad uncomfortable kind. Just peaceful, like a soft blanket falling over us.

"I don't think you're bad." Tommy said suddenly making me have to pause for a second. My brain had to do a double take and reevaluate the sentence I just heard.

"What?" I laughed a bit and Tommy nodded.

"You just, you have some issues with emotions. Which- I mean- isn't inherently bad I s'pose. And sure you've done some fucked up shit, but who hasn't lately? I still- I still like ya' a shit ton Big M." The words were surprisingly philosophical for the boy, and frankly took me off guard. It's like he could read me like a book.

I stayed frozen staring at the crackling fire slowly dying out. I yawned and Tommy chuckled.

"I should sleep too. We have a war coming up anyway don't we?" Tommy smiled looking up at me.

I nodded and he stood up grabbing a bucket of water. He threw it onto the burnt logs causing a loud simmer and steam to fly into the air.

"Can I join you? I kinda don't wanna be left alone tonight." Tommy said placing down the bucket and looking back at me. How was he this martyr for all of the SMP, but at the same time just a scared and timid child?

"Of course."

When I woke up blond hair was directly in front of me. He was softly snoring in my arms, trying unconsciously to move closer to me when I let go. In his sleep he rolled over and grabbed onto me so I wouldn't leave. I sighed and just grabbed the boy again, no use I suppose.

"You're bein' different Wilbur." I heard muffled conversations outside of my rooms door. It felt wrong overhearing Tech and Wilbur's discussion.