I sat on the seat which was basically a stripped log. I watched the fire and smiled.

"Okay so just like mid-neck right?" He confirmed placing his thumb in the middle of my neck on the side, visualizing the length. I nodded with a small hum. "You sure? You could always just put it in a ponytail and let it grow out." I could tell he was hesitant to cut it, as if worried I would regret getting rid of the length.

"Just cut it already." I laughed a bit and he huffed nodding. I turned to the side so he could see the back of my neck.

I felt him carefully brush two chunks of my hair in front of my shoulders. I heard soft snips and I closed my eyes with a smile. I really didn't care much about my hair, maybe that's why I preferred to keep it short, not too much upkeep at this length. As long as it was even, and I didn't mind the length as long as it was somewhere above my shoulders.

"You're really gorgeous with long hair too ya' know. But I think you do look better with shorter hair like this." He was slowly bringing sections of my hair to my back, probably slowly cutting sections the same length as to not mess up.

"Thanks. I usually just prefer it like this since it's less to worry about, and it doesn't get in the way as much." I explained, still hearing the steady and soft snips of scissors cutting off small chunks of hair. An aspect of myself I adored was my hair color, it reminded me so much of my mother. Additionally I just thought it was nice with my eyes and skin tone, my eyes and skin are pale and fairly colorless. Grey eyes and pale skin, nothing about me really had much color. Besides my hair, it was a striking blood red which I adored, it stood out and made me unique in a sense.

"Well I guess it's functional and pretty then." I could practically hear his smile even though I was turned away from him. He pulled back the last chunk and the snips stopped for a moment.

"Turn around."

I did so shifting my position on the log. I looked over at him also sitting on the seating. He hummed eyeing my hair. "Wow it's actually even." He laughed running his hands through my hair, seeing if any strands seemed to stick out. But he looked pleased with himself at the results.

I ran my hands through my hair, feeling how it ended in the middle of my neck. Less hair to run my hands through. I felt lighter somehow.

He smiled and tucked my hair behind my ears. "I like it." He complimented eyeing me still.

I noticed the hair was to the side of the log in a messy pile. I looked over at it. "Eh I'll sweep it up later after I'm done farming." He waved it off with a smile and went to stand up. Probably to continue farming.

I grabbed his right hand keeping him still. He stayed sat down and tilted his head to the side. Looking confused.

I leaned forward and quickly pressed a kiss to his lips. It was fast, too fast for him to fully react. I pulled away quickly leaving him stunned with a smile on his face. It was just a peck but I could see he was so insanely happy from it.

I guess that was a way I showed affection sometimes with him.

He let out a small laugh of joy and ruffled my hair with a quiet "Thanks Nerd." Before receding back into the potato farm.

I shook my head feeling my hair now only hit my neck, not my shoulders. I sighed happily fluffing my hair up with my hands and a small laugh. I loved my hair at this length.

All was peaceful for just a few moments. "Where the fuck is Tommy!" Wilbur's scream was aggressive and violent. He stormed out of his bedroom slamming the door. I snapped my head over to see him pacing once more.