And so I hugged him.

I didn't really know what had come over me but, I suppose it was my brain telling me I trusted him. He gasped in shock but swiftly hugged me back with an airy chuckle.

I couldn't remember last I felt this safe. I began to wonder how long it had been since I last saw Tech. I mean, my almost three months in the snow followed by almost a month here? I'd say it's almost been four months without a hug or wholesome gesture.

It was nice.

Neither of us seemingly wanted to let go, so we sat in silence for a good amount of time. It was a nice silence. Not suffocating or awkward. There was no tension. Just peaceful, and I wouldn't have wanted it any other way.

But sadly the moment was broken by quiet steps approaching us. I reluctantly broke the hug and stood up. We needed to address whoever it was, and I had an idea on who interrupted our moment.

As we stepped outside we were greeted with Dream. Who had a chest next to him full of explosives and building materials.

"I figured since you both were already here, I'd just bring it to the source." His low laugh filled my ears, and my body now void of the loving hug returned to its previous sullen state. It was time to get to work.

༄ ༄ ༄ ༄ ༄ ༄ ༄ ༄ ༄ ༄ ༄ ༄ ༄

By the time we arrived at home I could tell Eret was shaken. He was now in loungewear, out of the L'manburg uniform. He was sitting on the couch with his head in his hands. I was also ready to sleep, but I figured I might as well help him first.

Seeing as he was disheveled and obviously miserable well past midnight.

It was extraordinarily late at the moment. Of course it takes a long time to plant TNT under the ground, and build an underground bunker rigged with redstone. Luckily we had Dream, George, Sapnap, and someone named Punz to help us. Honestly we were just plain lucky to not get caught.

It seemed that everybody was too shaken from Dream's threats to come to L'manburg until morning. Which was now swiftly approaching as Eret sulked on the couch. He must have been exhausted.

"Eret?" I attempted to be on the quiet side as I spoke, due to him probably being tired.

He hummed a yes and looked up at me. His sullen face was evident and dark circles were present on his face. His pale eyes somehow managed to look more void of color.

"It's going to be okay alright? You'll be King soon. It will have been worth it." I sat down next to him and tried my best to console the man. I wasn't exactly good at this but, I made an attempt.

He let out a sigh and slowly stood up. We had to get some sleep since L'manburg would be training today.

"I hope it will be worth it. I'll lose everybody, I just- god I hope they will understand." He gripped his hair and just stared at the floor. I stood up and I reached for his hand, unlatching the probably painful grip he created.

"You'll have me." I smiled looking up at him, hoping my words had brought him some rest.

"And Eret, if they don't understand they aren't friends you should have. You're doing this for safety which in my eyes is perfectly understandable." I knew my words would put the average person at ease. Though if he dissected them enough he would find, my version of understandable is heavily skewed. Luckily though he was sleep deprived so luck was working in my favor.

He sighed and smiled, I saw a soft nod and I led him upstairs to his room. If I knew one thing in that moment it is that he needed sleep. Lots of it.