Eret noticed how the girl was acting. Normally she'd appreciate his unique eyes. He noticed how she found them fascinating. Instead she clenched her fists and stared at the ground. She had been out of character recently.

He laid out a classic white and red checkered blanket in a small clearing. It was a small flower forest in the middle of the woods. He had found it many weeks ago before she arrived. The colors danced among the grass and intertwined together.

He sat down on the blanket and patted next to him. Signaling for her to sit down.

Once again he noticed how she had spaced out. She hadn't noticed how he had sat down, or even left her side.

I was wrapped in my thoughts, if I could just rip this feeling out of my chest. If I could just grab hold and strangle it. I didn't want it. I didn't ask to be given such a utterly disgusting feeling. I never wanted this. Eret found his way into my emotions with Phil and Tech. I wanted him to be there not the guilt that came with.

"Tor!"  He yelled my name and my eyes snapped to the blank eyed man. I sat down next to him and I intertwined my fingers together. Looking at my hands.

"Talk to me." He said with a kind smile. He placed his hands on mine making me look up at him. In contrast to my currently freezing hands, his were warm and comforting.

"You don't want to hear it." I confessed suddenly very interested in the picnic blanket. Wishing to look away from him. He caused this guilt in me.

His kind smile twisted into a tight knitted frown.

"Please." His voice was desperate and made me want to tell him all of my current worries.

"L'manburg." I spat the words with venom and toxicity. He flinched and took his hands from mine. Surprised by the hatred in my voice.

I realized my mistake. He must know I hate the country now. What if he tells Wilbur my faltering love for the country? Would I be banished from Eret's cottage? Did I just ruin everything?

"What?" He breathed the word and I noticed no anger or worry in it. I almost noticed. Happiness?

Why would he be happy I hate L'manburg?

"I should have known! You and Technoblade are anarchists! Why would you help build a government!" His words were full of happiness and pure unbridled joy. He gripped his hair letting go of my hands, and a smile grew on his face. I watched as he looked at me. Scanning my guilt racked body.

"I'm sorry. I know how you are helping build this country. I used you. I hate it. You make me feel guilt Eret. It hurts." I felt my voice crack at the last two words as I spilled my secrets to the man before me. I had no idea why he was so happy but I needed to say my peace.

I found the guilt only gripped me tighter.

"Tor! Do not think you are betraying me. I'm in the same boat as you. Look at me." He held my hands again and I reluctantly looked at the white eyed man. I once again saw his smile. I could have not been more confused in that moment.

"I am a traitor. You hear me? We are on the same team still. We have been since the start. You are not betraying me." He said the words full of confidence and encouragement. His hands tightened increasing the pressure on my skin.

Suddenly the black tendrils retreated and I felt so much lighter. Guilt receded back to whence it came. I was once again freed from the disgusting feeling. My eyebrows raised. More questions were now raised with them.

"Why?" Was the only word I could think to blurt in that moment.

"Dream offered to make me King of the SMP. I'd remain neutral to these lands. Untouchable in a sense. I'd be safe from all of this. That's all I've ever wanted. That's why I put my cottage far away. I want to be neutral and safe. But only if I momentarily became a traitor." He explained his reasoning, and I could immediately understand where he was coming from. Safety drives us as humans. It's one of our primal instincts.

But the word King didn't sit right with me. That's a monarch. Against my teachings. But also a neutral King was not like any monarch I had come across. Maybe I could let it slide. Momentarily. Living in a castle would be nice again. I know one was being built. I assume for Eret.

"Let me join you. Please. I joined L'manburg mainly because you did. If we can be traitors together I can get Dream off my back, and I can maybe learn why I want to be an anarchist." I immediately spoke the words, maybe too quickly since it seemingly took him a second to process them.

He nodded in response to my rant.

"Yes! This is great! We were both feeling guilt over something we have no reason to worry about. I will gladly take you to Dream to join our side. Of course after our picnic, I did not set this up for nothing." He laughed at the end of his sentences, and gestured to the unopened picnic basket.

"I suppose leaving an uneaten and  currently unappreciated picnic would be rude." I found myself lightly laugh as well and then look at the picnic basket he packed.

He pulled out some food and grabbed two wrapped sandwiches first. He handed me one and held it forward.

"To a United SMP." He said proudly. He was being quite silly using sandwiches to clink but I giggled and joined in, lightly touching my sandwich to his for a makeshift toast.

"To a United SMP." I repeated back to my friend. My new traitor in arms.